1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So throwing furniture off a 14th floor balcony and almost hitting a kid is OK as long as he didn't "lash out over nothing?" "Sorry kid, someone stole my s***, so you get a chair to the head. Better luck next time kid...."

2. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    It doesn't matter if he is gone. They will still be subjected to the same questions over and over.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It depends how you define it. If you want to day for why AB wants out I blame Ben about 45%. If you want to say why the situation looks as ugly as it does than AB..Tomlin also gets blame for some because he fostered an environment that made the players think they could act how they do with his culture. It's a combination of all 4.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No the kid part is wrong but I dont think his intent was to hit the kid. That is just malicious.

5. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So a few pages back "Ben's rape was way worse than anything AB has done"; however here..."Everyone in America is innocent until proven guilty"

Ben was never charged with anything...there was an investigation; but no charges were ever filed.

And...more than ever, in the past 2 years...I have noticed Ben saying "I need to play better...period" He has been taking more and more blame.

I'm certain that Ben is no angel and he also has an ego...like most pro athletes do...but I have never seen Ben act like this. Even when his buddy Bruce was replaced with Hailey!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I was using the guys logic. He first brought up off the field. I for one think off the field has zero to do with any of this going on.

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I have no words. :eek:

Sadly he's not.

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Stop feeding the troll and maybe he'll go away.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure somebody already posted these comments by Colbert, but I'm feeling to lazy to catch up on the thread.

https://www.steelers.com/news/colbert-sets-parameters-for-trading-ab

“Really, the summation of (the meeting) was that we’re all disappointed that we’re at this point,” said Colbert. “How things transpired – we’re all disappointed. Antonio is disappointed. We’re disappointed. As to what contributed to the disappointment, I’ll leave that between us on our side and his side. Respectively, we did agree to look into a trade (as) the best course of action for both sides. And when I say that, what was put out yesterday was partially true. The point we made to Antonio was that we love you as a player and we thank you for what you’ve done for us over the past nine years. We’re disappointed we didn’t get you a Super Bowl, and I still think you’re a Hall of Fame candidate, and I’m disappointed that may not happen with us.

“But the other point we made (to Antonio) was that (while) we’re open to shopping around the league to see what may be available in exchange for your services, by no means are we going to make a trade or any type of move that will not be beneficial to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization. Specifically, we will not be discounting you on the trade market, and we certainly will not be releasing you. All that being said, we’ll take a positive approach. If someone has a sincere interest and they want to make a move – either a significant draft pick, or a set of picks, or a significant player plus picks – and we think it will benefit the Pittsburgh Steelers in the long run, then we’re all in. If not, then we’ll make that decision at that point.”

It sounds like Colbert is exactly where I am on the entire issue. I hope he sticks to this and only trades Brown if he actually gets proper value in return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    After you trade AB and let Bell go, get rid of your coach too. Then you can start fresh. A lot of the bull**** going on with this team with their mouth is because he doesnt know how to manage people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sanders has a axe to grind with Ben, he never flourished with Ben and the Steelers :shrug:.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Doubtful. He’s going to need some help.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin isn’t going anywhere at lest not for this coming season. Might as well come to terms with that.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There’s definitely something off with you my brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No. I won't come to terms with that. Do your own terms. I'll do my terms. You got that broseph?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well you’re just going to be a miserable person to be around I guess.

17. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Losing does that to me.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I hear you.

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Just listen to Mr. Big Chest's exclusive to see the obvious.

Even Brown stated there was really no conflict between Ben and him.

"No conflict just a matter of respect! Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches. Players know but they can’t say anything about it otherwise they meal ticket gone. It’s a dirty game within a game" -- Antonio Brown / aka Mr. Big Chest

So in reality it just comes down to an ego battle pissing contest between him and Ben. This is used as the scapegoat in attempts to hide the true motivation in that BROWN WANTS OUT OF HIS CURRENT DEAL WHICH OFFERS NO MORE GUARANTEED MONEY (they already paid it to him in one of the largest contracts ever) FOR A NEW DEAL WITH "GUARANTEED MONEY." << The REAL REASON behind all of this.

"Tell them I ain't doing no ungaurantees" ...""If your team got guaranteed money, they want to get to know me and work with me, tell them call me," - Mr. Big Chest

So the reality is this is all about Brown simply wanting more money disrespecting the current contract not being a man of his word.

He's as selfish of an individual as they come not caring who it hurts if it doesn't benefit him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And this is exactly why the Steelers remain in contention year after year.

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He's 31, he has 3 contract years left, he acts weird, has had off field incidents and has quit on his team.

Yup, right after I part with a first round pick for AB, I'll sit down with him to make sure he gets guaranteed money. What could possibly go wrong?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What does Hines ward have?

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Where I'm from people dont play when it comes to their money etc.. they dont brush sh*t like that off like its nothing.

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yep if he gets a career-ending injury he's out without collecting on those last three years.

So that's what this is all about. Brown is simply chasing the money. At his age, he's trying to get one more blockbuster deal on the way out.

He has to make it seem as though conditions are tough in Pittsburgh.

The reality is this guy has never had it so good (special treatment for lodging for camp, leniency on late meetings, etc)

There's really no way but DOWN for Antonio Brown.

Only desperate teams will be interested IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yo Dog, I don’t think anybody likes to have their money messed with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.