1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to move on

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nj43, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    just received a notification from BLeacher Report that AB and Rooney “ cleared the air” and agreed it’s “ time to move on”. Great. Fantastic. Is it me or is the picture w the both of them arm and arm sickening to anyone else?? I mean the guy has done nothing but embarrass himself, the QB, the head coach, and the organization for the last 2 months and the meeting ends in a Lovefest!?? I’m so aggravated!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He hasn't embarrassed the QB or head coach at all. They've done a good job of that themselves

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They have. Yes. But AB has too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea ab has I didn't mean to make it seem like ab is a saint because hes a piece of s*** but I'm just saying the coach and QB don't need help at themselves look stupid.. Theyve been on the money with that by themselves

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But he was wrong for calling out Tomlin publicly like that. You dont do that to another brother especially if you calling Ryan Clark a uncle tom. Tomlin is a real one and that was bad for him to do that.

6. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was just talking about the last month since season ended and all the AB drama since week 17. The Ben and Tomlin stuff that they own themselves notwithstanding. So anyway, is anybody else sickened w the Lovefest picture?? I think the photo speaks volumes about how Rooney has let this thing get to where we are.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Rooney doesn't need AB to reach the summit & is well aware of it. He is a class act & won't stoop to ABs level. AB needs to learn something from him on calling others out.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wish they could just keep this **** private. The world doesnt need to know but this day and age its impossible.

Teams now know we have to get rid of him. Who is gonna give us a good deal now?

I hate social media. Now I am going to comment on Facebook lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    All 31 other teams will at least have interest in AB. The problem is the fact that teams know he as well as the team agree to part ways will cause them to lowball Pittsburgh.

10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just hope one sucker will still give a 1.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Not necessarily. They know that he's for sale. They are not competing with the steelers for AB, they are competing with other teams who wants AB as well. Supply and demand takes care of the rest.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nah...I still think SF with pick #36 is where he goes...Raiders have 3,1st rounders...Their last 1st, would be even better...#36 pick is the lowest we'll get...Calling it!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Depends on their need for AB... every team wont have the same level of interest for him. Some will try their hand but be like nahh ain't worth it.

14. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    That picture is gross for sure.

Perhaps Rooney is thinking that if I take a nice pic with the goofball, it will net me better trade value. Maybe this is an attempt to show the other 31 teams that although this dude seems completely unhinged with all the social media crap, he's a good guy that will be a great addition to another NFL roster. I'm sure he was spitting nails inside while taking the pic, but figured it was worth a shot to salvage some trade value for this knucklehead.

But yeh, seeing the pic invoked a gag reflex for me.

15. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Perhaps. That’s why I’m a regular schnook. Because at this point I would have not traded him for 3 years because AB wants to be traded. Lmao. Let him sit inactive for 3 years and rot. I know not realistic but would be great if it happened. Really though, I hope Pit trades him to a team w a horrendous QB so he can suffer and whine and complain until he’s 34 and on the way down.

16. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We need to let him go... especially before his Roster Bonus in March... My three most "hopeful but not likely" trade scenarios:

1. trade w/ SF
    SF gets AB and Pitts 2 Rd pick
    Pitt gets DE Deforest Buckner and SF 4 Rd Pick

2. Trade SEA
    Sea trades either DE Frank Clark or S Earl Thomas
    Pitt trades AB

3. Trade to Oak
    Oak receives AB
    Pitt Receives Pick # 24

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Earl Thomas is a free agent..

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    If they would sit him out that would really.make the organization look bad.

19. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    There may be 31 teams, but you can probably immediately eliminate 8 or so that the Steelers won't trade him to. Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Texans, and Colts come to mind. Then you got teams with cap space issues or other priorities that probably don't want him, i.e. Jaguars, Eagles, Bears, etc. Throw in teams that don't want the headache, the Giants who already have one wideout diva and Packers who have their own locker room issues, teams that are pretty set at WR, i.e. Vikings, Falcons, and Rams come to mind, or have already made their big trade, the Broncos, and the number of teams is dwindling. Hell if I'm a GM, I better have a coach that's secure in his job and has a ton of organizational power before I want to subject him to the potential problems and issues AB presents. That would almost rule out the Jets and Cardinals with first year HC's.

So who are we left with? 49er's, Raiders, Bills, Panthers, Lions, Seattle. Any more? Cowboys, although after the Dez Bryant experience I'm not sure they want to take this on?

The point is that when you go down the list there may not be as many teams in the market as one might think. Combine that with AB being AB and I don't know what you get for him.

20. chuckie_os

Nov 14, 2011
    They can still Franchise Tag him though correct?

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They can but I doubt if they will.

22. chuckie_os

Nov 14, 2011
    Agreed.. Personally I think they use it on their young DE Clark..
    Hey thats why I titled it "hopeful but not likely"

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  24. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I truly believe that AB is acting the way he is on Twitter so that the Steelers can not get as much for him. He wants to stick it to this team. That is how much he hates Ben, Tomlin and the organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    We've got ESPN on here at work and it's all they are talking about. I'm a bit in shock I guess. I just always thought that Brown and the Steelers would work it out no matter how stupid he's been. I loved watching him on the field and seeing him on a different team is going to be so disappointing.

It was a great run for a few years with the 3 B's and I thank Brown for filling my memory with some great games.

• Like Like x 2