1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That is actually scary and very concerning. After watching that, is there any wonder that Brown has some very deep rooted emotional, mental, and personality problems. This guy is a powder keg waiting to go off. After watching that, its best that the Steelers move on at ANY cost. You don't need that in your organization. I wouldn't want to be around him on ANY level after hearing that and I have to think that the locker room and team will be much better off with him not there. An attitude like that HAD to be creating a huge amount of undue stress on the team.

Also after watching that, I'd be willing to bet the house that JJSS being named MVP is truly what caused him to lose his mind. His ego is so big that the slightest perceived disrespect will set him off. And it makes me wonder about the perceived "lack of respect" that Ben has toward him. With an ego that big, something as little as trying to work through a miscommunication in practice could be seen as a "lack of respect." That video should be the nail in the coffin to his time in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, other teams are watching too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    They're not a Super Bowl team with him either, so why have such a cancer?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I guess.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So then how did Lawrence Taylor's giants and Michael Irvin's cowboys succeed like they did if the off the field effects the locker room so much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Read each word of what I wrote......

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also if others from the outside looking in feel like this about Ben what do you think those in the locker room are saying. Also i didnt see anyone other than Ryan Clark call ab a bad teammate. I've seen Hines ward, Ryan Clark, emmaunel Sanders, ab now, etc.. all criticize ben's leadership. And for the last time off the field has nothing to do with it if that's the case their is no comparison Ben's rape is far worse than Anything AB has done.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I did you said when off the field stuff happens frequently. They had for worse and more frequent off their field stuff than AB. How were their teams successful if according to you when its frequent it's a problem?

8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Did you watch his video above? I don’t know how you can rationally defend him after that. The man has got some serious mental/personality disorder going on.

Not ripping on him, but he seriously needs counseling.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yep. They arent a super bowl team with him, bell, shazier, etc lol

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its a shame it's come to this. Thought AB would have been a Steeler for life before all the drama unfolded.

It was clear they were never going to work this out though. He's wanted out for a while I bet. Remember his "trade me, lets find out" tweet earlier in the season? Probably even predates that.

Hopefully Rooney has convinced him to stop being such an asshat so they can find a trade partner. Hopefully he made it clear that they aren't cutting him and that means he ends up back here and a light bulb finally went on inside AB's head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You're assuming there is a light bulb in there? LOL Even a 5 watt LED? Maybe a candle? Maybe he burnt it at both ends and shorted that **** out?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    night light

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    With a light sensor, so it only works when it's dark out

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s not his strong point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Scary. Art was probably thinking, damn he's flipped his lid.

Antonio really needs to get some mental help.

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It was reported that the Steelers did not give permission to AB's "camp" to seek a trade. I am not sure why they wouldn't let them do the work and get us a deal and then say bye bye. Like you Blast I am sad this has come to this as well.........

17. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    He has lost his friggin mind! Having to waste 20 million dollars on this ****head pisses me off ,and it aint even my money..How about the Rooneys get a guarantee that their investment holds up his end of the bargain!! FN piece of crap. Go blow T.O.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another way to deal with AB... sorry Mr. Big Chest... is to release him and allow him to enter free agency right now IF he returns the portion of his signing and restructuring bonuses that are affecting our cap for 2019 and beyond. He gets a free slate if we get a free slate. That's $21.12 million. I believe that the money can be wiped from our cap accounting if it's returned by the player. I know that's the case for players who retire with accrued signing bonus dollars affecting the cap, but I'm not 100% sure it would work in this case.

Now why would Mr. Big Chest do this? There are two reasons: 1) Unlike a trade, he can pick his own team; and 2) If he thinks his new payday will allow him to pay that back and come out ahead.

To me this is the only option to allow him to part ways other than a trade that's acceptable to the team. I don't think he can be cut outright when he has value to another NFL team. I fully understand that we would be carrying some baggage on the team, both in terms of dollars and in terms of having a malcontent on the team. However, the team would have to keep him anyway - not to spite him, but because if they allow him to weasel his way into a release without compensation the team loses all credibility in holding players accountable for their behavior and to stick to the terms of the contract they sign. I'd personally be more willing to endure a couple of rough seasons than to have players think they can sign a contract with the Steelers, and then be allowed back into the free agent market, while the Steelers eat the accrued bonus dollars, if they throw a hissy fit.

So to me it's either a trade, or a realized with payback of $21.12 million. Otherwise, you made your bed Mr. Big Chest, time to lie in it.

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree however, in my opinion I think is off field mentality ain't getting left at home and he's been slowly but surely bringing it to the club house. If you don't see it or agree that's fine... Just my opinion. I really think regardless of how bad they'd like to keep him and have it work out, that the truth is he was another sideline outburst or locke room/practice field incident away from heavy discipline and that would in fact blow up the team's instability even further. Hate to see him leave for obvious reasons but you can't have such a volatile mentality in the organization without getting negative results.so with that said, I truly believe the team will be better moving forward growing pains and all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    How does a guy go from a hard working 6th round pick who becomes the best at his position to batsh** crazy greedy fool?

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Fixed it for you. All of the finger pointing at everyone but himself is a bunch of BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't want them doing the leg work either, AB and his agent will look for a deal thats best for them. I want the Steelers doing the work.

I'm still hopeful for a late 1st rd pick. Especially if AB starts acting normal again. Hopefully he realizes that is in everyone best interest. He can make matters worse by trying to control where he goes by saying he won't pay for certain teams but then he runs the risk of ending up here, which he doesn't want either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Pittsburgh has 446 bridges, and with its proximity to three major rivers and countless hills and ravines, Pittsburgh is known as "The City of Bridges".

AB will be sure to burn every one of them down on his way to wrecking his trade value. The way he blows through cash he may just want to leave one of them standing so that he and Bell can have a future home together under it. What a couple of Idjits they have become.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I seriously wonder if you're still a Steelers fan with Bell and Brown gone. I do not see one post positive regarding the Steelers just pro Brown/Bell stuff. Not that I care either way just an observation I find interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    At least Bell is happy he's not the most hated ex-Steelers star departing town

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.