1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell to Houston, Brown to San Fran and AFC North is won by the Stains

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Feb 5, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard Houston might have over 60 million in cap space, they could afford Bell if they wanted him.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    With high guarantees? I think he would take a short term deal. The NFL is all about guranteed dollars.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And keep in mind that Mayfield was a Rookie. A rookie who will play in a completely dysfunctional organization under a head coach that nobody ever heard of.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    And yet he broke the rookie record for TD passes, and didn't even start the whole season. Impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The tag was a short term deal with a high quarantee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    14.5 to play one season then go test the market.
    Still think anyone who thinks that Bell deserves big guaranteed money from the Steelers after the suspensions is a complete fool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife thinks I’m a complete fool. None the less, I agree with you. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but we are talking about the clowns that have always found a way to screw things up. Until they actually do something, I'll reserve my judgment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct but only 15 million. I'm pretty sure she will get at least double that fully guranteed this off season.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'll bet you $1 million internet currency, and give you ten to one odds, that the Browns don't make the playoffs.:hehehe:

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yep! And I see Haslem stepping in and wrecking whatever they have going. He simply can't help himself, or his wife! And despite how good Mayfield looked, you can't build an organization around a guy with 13 games of experience. If he gets hurt, or if he has a sophomore slump, the Browns could go 4-12 next year.

12. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Stone......wishful thinking at best. Insert the word "Steelers" where you have "Browns" and you may be right. Sad to say.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Nah. The Steelers will win 9-10 games with a roster capable of 13-14 wins just like they did this year and the Browns will be the Browns. They finally had something rolling, which is a miracle for them, and what do they do, ****can the guy who got them rolling and hire a guy no-body has ever heard of as their new HC.

14. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    I wish I had your optimism. I don't see it. This team is a hot mess right now, as my grand daughter would say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Your grand-daughter is right! But ..... keep in mind that you don't dismantle one of greatest sports franchises in the world overnight. We will still win a lot of games, be in the hunt for the division in week 16, and with a little luck in the form of players stepping up despite Tomlin, we might win a playoff game or two. It's who we are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Name the last year that the Steelers had 4 or less wins in a season. (Hint: The team was mostly "Bill Austin players".)

The most recent that the Browns improved their win total in consecutive years was 2000-2002.
    They may look promising, but recent history says they'll have 7 or less wins next season.

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I for one hope SHE does not. We shall see

18. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018

I firmly believe things go in cycles. The Steelers have had a great run, no doubt, but things seem to be heading towards a few down years. I highly doubt that Browns fans in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's would ever expect their team to win less than 4 games a year either, but....it happened. Don't think it can't happen to the Steelers. I see Ben retiring soon, so we're gonna need a QB, and we are a locker room mess right now with the LB and AB fiasco. Plus Mike Tomlin......need I say more. The Browns are a storied franchise, and anyone over 30 years old knows that they have a very rich, and winning, history. They seem to be on the upswing, so I'll hold off on any negative comments about next season. They are in a much better position than we are right now. I long for the days of the great Browns/Steelers rivalry games. I've lived long enough to respect other teams. While I really don't like them, I respect them, at the same time still hoping we beat them every game. I would never call them the "Ratbirds", "Clowns", or "Bungles" like a lot on here do. IMHO, that's just childish.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  19. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The problem is, the history and tradition that you are talking about moved to Baltimore.
    The last time the Browns went to the playoffs, they had 5 wins the next season.
    The last time they had 10 wins, they got 4 the next year.
    The Browns need to demonstrate that they can sustain their hard work. 18 years of only flashes is not a cycle.

Four wins could happen to the Steelers, but it hasn't happened in the last 48 years. (Again, long enough to not be a cycle.)

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In recent history they didnt have a Baker mayfield. Hes that good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Clowns lost my respect when they walked out on their loyal fan base in Cleveland. I do respect the new Browns (other than their owner). Bungles have never had my respect because they are a bunch of cheap shot artists, all the way back to the 70s.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    These browns are a new team. The Browns that did good in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s are still doing good. They just moved and changed their name to the Ravens. Same organization though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well maybe that same organization forgot how to run itself when they came back. Since they came back to Cleveland in 1999 they have had a winning record only twice 9 and 10 wins and made the playoffs only once...which we beat. So while you say they are the same organization the last 20 years they have been doing something wrong.....very wrong. I was amazed when I looked at their record to see how bad they really have been. wow

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Holy cow you totally missed the point.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I must have......?????