1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The AAF (NFL's Farm Team League) Starts Play Feb 9

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im guessing since that hit on the QB wasn't flagged that the rules are different. Which I think if any league wants to succeed, they need to capitalize on what the NFL took away, good hard hitting football. Fans love that.

I'm definitely going to give it a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Think that is the point though. They are going to be different then the NFL. You know allow hitting the QB and such lol

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. GothamRogue

GothamRogue Member

Feb 10, 2019
    MLB has their farm leagues, so does the NHL with its minor league affiliates (i.e. AHL), the NBA has the G-League so hopefully this is something that will take off. If it does become a farm league for the NFL im thinking they will have to start adopting as much of the NFL rules and guidelines as possible to get them acclimated to potentially being called up. I want to wait until they expand or officially become a farm league b4 i really get into it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Trevor Lawrence is at Clemson. He’s making way more than the AAF can afford to pay him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    This Orlando and San Antonio game is a good'n

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I wanted the AAF to be a nice continuation of the NFL season and I absolutely kept an open mind, but........................these snoozefest game are really curing my insomnia. I'm sorry, but starting the games on the 25 YL is such an anticlimactic beginning or continuation after a score that it's about equivalent to watching a tee ball game after a real baseball game. The whole stadium mood is dead when play starts. I know it's all about "safety" but is this boring feature just a token gesture to appease the snowflakes offended out there? After all, it's still smash mouth blocking, tackling, sacking and punt return football. It seems like a cross between a scrimmage game and minor league baseball. As a substitute for the NFL or even College games, I'm not seeing it unfortunately. I hope it works as far as giving guys a second chance and more Semi-Pro level hands-on experience, but so far, most of it's not all that watchable IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I've really ben trying to like this league. Honest!

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No need to start a new thread announcing the demise of the AAF after just 8 weeks (or at least that's what the articles are saying). After watching it religiously for first 3 weeks, I found myself falling asleep more than watching and I'm probably not alone. Feel bad for Ward and Troy if they sunk good money into this. It's Stanley Cup and baseball season now. Football needs to hibernate till mid-summer.

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/...e-in-doubt-after-eight-games-of-first-season/

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am sad to see it go yeah it was hard to watch but it could get better imo. Most of these teams were put together in 6 weeks or less so I was hoping season 2 would be good. I feel like they gave up to quick, heck after week 1 they ware talking about folding utill they got a big sponsor. To bad for the players and the league......

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Never thought I'd say these words but college is probably the most enjoyable form of football to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    From the little I have watched I have found it entertaining. DE's can actually get by a block and light up the QB. The games have been low scoring mostly due to playing the game as it originally was designed. You want to win in that league then just build a curtain. That being said, the player talent is not near the level of the NFL.