1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney: Get your house in order!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Feb 16, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    When Art says he doesn't see a circus or anything wrong with the culture it's because he us viewing it as a roster of 90 players who were all doing things the way they have in the last couple of years. The exception to that being three guys stirring the pot. That's not a circus more like a dirt carnival side show where the freaks are obvious fakes. Subtract two of those guys and there isn't a story beyond the continued failure in coaching.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I read this again and it seems even more accurate than before. Does anyone else see a correlation between the rise of Art II and the fall of the Steelers? As Dan's political career geared up I can only imagine that Art II became more and more involved in the operation of the Steelers. I think the old man would boot Art II in the ass while never missing a puff on his stogie!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You are so on with this post nicely done man. I root for the Steelesr all the time and I always will, but I understand what you are saying. It is pretty funny that you bring up leadership and mismanagement because so many talk show host radio and tv and former players turn talk show hosts are talking about the same thing. Yeah there is a circus with everything going on and yeah AB is causing problems but where does it all come from....up top. It isn't just here talking about it we are all passionate fans but all the people getting paid to talk football for a living are talking about the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This hits the nail on the head for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I can't agree with this. For several reasons. First, subtracting those two guys is like saying "take away those two people I murdered and I'm a pretty good guy". Second, even if you take away those two guys you still have a circus. A DC who is lost, a cover up about your lost DC, a hall of fame QB who won't keep his mouth shut, players saying they don't want to play here because of the dysfunction, finding ways to lose games you should dominate, etc., etc., etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    my guess would be the custodian

• Like Like x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thorn hit the most salient point of all: the continued failure of coaching!

And who employs said head coach? Wake the F up Rooney.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    im ready for ben to go too. he leaves, we get bad seasons and forced to fire tomlin.

This is juju's and watts team now

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think your avatar is clouding your judgment.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's so hard to replace a great QB. Ben isn't elite any more but I believe he has enough left in him that with a little attitude adjustment (which without we are totally F'd anyway) he could win another SB with the talent we have. I believe it is time to draft his replacement though and I don't mean by picking up a guy in the 3rd or 4th round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You're right! But unfortunately we both know that is not going to happen.

"The Rooney Rule" is the most classic of all stupidity! The Rooney's made the bed for all of us and now we all have to sleep in it. If the Steelers fired Tomlin the media around the world would be in uproar for months; it would be talked about every Sunday for at least two seasons. Every hiring, every firing, every win, every loss, every catch, every incomplete pass, every fumble, every missed third down conversion, every breath the organization takes for the next two to three years would be talked about in reference to the Rooney's hypocrisy!

Hire people based on qualifications regardless of race or any other outside factors! To do otherwise is pure ignorance!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not ready for Ben to go but I am ready for ownership to put an end to his radio show......and I am not the only one that was a big topic on the NFL channel with many former players. Ben is not a saint in all this either but what AB is doing is wrong dead wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I said this MONTHS ago...Everybody thought I was nuts! Rooney, ROONEY is the biggest problem...He is the HEAD Guy!

His lack of addressing Tomlins discipline, lack of focus when playing down to ( usually losing ) to horrible teams, the social media ****, lockeroom filming, calling each other out, defensive lapses,clock management, timouts, running Bell into the ground EVERY year and having him hurt EVERY year for the playoffs...When we had good backups and on and and on...

He is the OWNER...Address Tomlin sternly, Who in turn will address the players sternly...Pretty simple concept in my eyes...But if you want to be Mr.Nice Guy, with todays salaries and Divas, This is what is left...

Now...All of a sudden because it is so bad, You're gonna be a Boss! All I can say is GOOD LUCK!

• Like Like x 4
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re still nuts. Rooney will get things buttoned up don’t worry about that.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The team needs players to pick up the leadership mantle. Our 'leaders' are interested in money & fame, not SBs.

16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This team isnt talented enough to win a sb. Not one transcendent player on the roster(Ben is still good but no longer top 5 elite) at this point and the coaching staff isn't good enough to design a scheme to cover up the deficiencies in talent. Unless we get some splash free agents I dont see it happening.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We need a scheme that puts the talent we do have in a position to succeed. Which is kind of obvious when I say it, but we seem to have been caught recently trying to address gaps left by former players, rather than reconfigure.

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is a good discussion! I'm basing my opinion on what I saw last year. Bell wasn't there and Brown was a distraction and if it hadn't been for lack of discipline we could easily have had the 1, 2, or 3 seed. Granted, that's a HUGE "if" but if the discipline and drama get cleaned up we are very capable. And if the discipline and drama get cleaned up I think you will see a new level of commitment and vigor.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm curious where your confidence comes from and I sure hope you are right!

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What discipline are you referring to that could have translated into as many as 4 more wins last season?

21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    his confidence comes from lack of confidence of others lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    watt is pretty sexy

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Lack of discipline cost us the Broncos, Chargers, Raider, and Saints games.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Ahhhh ..... so he just picks a side to be confrontational? LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lol there is only 1 side, he IS THE LAW.

Judge Glenn lol

i kinda like that name