1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben's arm?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I heard a lot of talk in pre-season about Ben having the best arm strength he had ever displayed. I don't know if it was my imagination or if it was real but I saw a lot passes picked off or off target this year because of what seemed like too much zip on the ball. I saw a lot of picks where Ben threw a ball on a rope and it got picked off by a hovering LB, or balls that if they had a bit of touch, they could have been corralled for a big gain.

Anyone else see this?

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I saw Ben force feeding AB at some of the most inopportune times which led to several Int's. This team will live and Die with Roethlisberger but he really needs take what the defense gives him instead of trying to inflate someone else's personal stats.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m thinking this probably won’t be a problem going forward.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Ben's INTs last year were not due to lack of arm strength. They were a combination of mental gaffs, forcing the ball, and bad throws. I agree about Ben forcing the ball to AB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben has always had a favorite type target he feels comfortable with and on important plays he tends to go to that target. AB, heath, santonio, plax, now I expect it to be juju or mcdonald. McDonald has already talked about how moving his locker next to Ben has helped a lot. We saw when AB was out the ball was going heavily to juju. We also saw this year Ben was talking about spreading the ball around this year and we did well while he did this. AB got cheesed off about it too. We also saw Ben go back to his comfort zone of AB in many need situations. It's kind of the nature of the beast that is ben.:cool:

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And to JuJu at times. See Pats game. I don’t think he forced the ball to AB a lot because he was trying to push stats. I think he was taking risks to try and make plays. He’s never been a careful QB. He’s a gunslinger.

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I didn't think it was lack of arm strength, I saw a lot of passes with lack of touch, thrown on a rope, and an LB getting his hands on the rope. It seems like he found this new arm strength and wanted to be Brett Favre.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ....and his own

• Agree Agree x 1