1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney: Get your house in order!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Feb 16, 2019.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The once great original modern day NFL dynasty has hit the skids. It comes down to mismanagement, lack of leadership, and failing to respond to shifts in the marketplace.

It is no different than a large successful corporation that fails to adapt and change as the industry and customer expectations evolve. Think blockbuster, Sears, Kodak, JCP. All of those failures go back to lack of visionary leadership, mismanagement, unwillingness to change, lack of accountability, and quite frankly complacency.

I dont know about you all, but the Steelers and the NFL are about entertainment for me. Watching them has become less entertaining each year for the past 3-4 seasons. I'm not saying that I'm going to boycott the Steelers or the NFL, but I'm much less likely to spend time and money for entertainment that is not entertaining. Get your house in order Rooney before you and your enterprise become irrelevant and obsolete.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This is amazing

• Like Like x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well said....I probably wouldn't ever change my watching habits...I'm addicted. I will tell you this though I definitely think twice nowadays about spending on any apparel. Simply because I'm embarrassed to show support for this current team. These days when people think of the Steelers they think of all the BS and not the same respect and admiration they used to and that's a problem....whether the fans or owner want to admit it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Holy crap, what would you say to the fans of the teams drafting before us? I know we have issues, and you seem as disappointed as the rest of us, but damn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yawn

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I would say the Steelers are becoming more like the teams that are drafting ahead of them. Is there time for that to change and avoid the collision course they are on? Yes. But as the OP points out, it starts at the top. The fact that AB has agreed to a sit down with Rooney II shows that there is still hope. I have hope that Tomlin has seen his ghosts, past, present, and future, and will become the coach that is a leader and not an enabler. There is time to right the ship because of the talent that is on this team. I hope Rooney tells AB, we will move you if we can get a #1. If you keep doing the crap you are doing that is not going to happen. I hope he also gives AB his monogrammed hankie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You seem tired a lot, you may want to get your T levels checked.;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would say your sentiment is exactly the same as the leadership of those companies that failed and found themselves obsolete.

The time for leadership to step up and change their lot is ideally before the decline starts. But at least before the bottom falls out. Not waiting until they find the bottom.

Greatness isn't being satisfied with just being good.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The problem is, that when you sit back and look at things, it doesn't have to be this way. The OP was spot on IMO.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    What boggles my mind is the complete and total refusal to make changes. The Steelers seem hell bent on keeping things exactly how they are. They do not target high profile coaches. The do not target high profile free agents. Players who create problems are put on a pedestal based on their talent, while the players on the team who are doing things the right way, are held to a different standard. AB and Bell have continuously spit in the Steelers face, and management keeps coming back for more. It really is embarrassing at this point. I agree with @mytake, it is not to late to turn this thing around, and still be a solid contender next season. I just don't see management doing what is necessary to make that happen.

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The fans also have a right to want and expect more from the teams they root for. That includes the right to voice opinions and have discussion. I don't know why that's such a hard concept to grasp for some.Even if some posts get repetitive. Who gives a rats ass. Discuss or not.....there are options. IMO :shrug::smiley1:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    There is truth in everything you stated. I still say we can have the most harmonious locker room in the league but if the preparation and game time X and Os don't improve I don't see us reaching the goal of winning a SB. There was a article I read about the Steelers having one of if not the lowest amount of coaches on staff. It might not be that big of a deal . I don't know. The thing is we have Butler who can't get out of his own way as DC coaching OLBs as well now. We have no QB coach with two young QBs on the roster. Things like this make little sense to me. For a team consistently lacking in details why would we take that approach? I don't believe it's because the coaches we do have are that great....that's for sure.
    It's things like that that may seem insignificant but there really isn't a good reason for that to be a factor unless it's because of money. Which would be sad....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The thing that really gets me about this team is they have Brown and Bell, the best receiver and running back in the whole NFL and guess what, both will probably be with other teams next year. The lack of leadership on that team is outrages, how in the heck can the people in charge like the head coach and front office let that happen. Other players on that team look at that, scratch their ass and head at the same time wondering what the heck is going on here.

14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The Cowboys had the triple threat of best wr best rb and best QB back in the early 90's.

I think they won 3 SB's IN 4 yrs. What have the Steelers done with the same situation NOT MUCH.

The lack of disipline, 5 or 6 yrs to rebuild a defense and its not there yet.

What is the point in going into this coming season with the same lame coaches.

What does Tomlin and Butler have to prove this year that we don't already know.

Its not likely Tomlin becomes a tough disciplinarian or Butler comes up with anything new or innovative.

Clean house already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No offense, and I do NOT want to throw arrows but your yawns should be pointed at Rooney and the Steelers. While we grumble about things ad-nauseum, it's Rooney who is riding his fat pay-check ad-nauseum and thumbing his nose at all of us.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    In a recent interview Rooney acted completly dumbfounded as to why anyone would refer to the Steelers as a circus. He is either lying or blind.

I wish someone could tell us how to reach the Steelers, I think if he heard from a few thousand fans, he might open his eyes.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Then boycott if you’re not getting your money’s worth.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    https://www.steelers.com/legal/contact-us/

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ......but make sure to come on here and tell us you're going to do it!

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm curious. Aside from yawning at the repetitive statements of the obvious, what is your position? Are you okay with the Steelers apparent downward spiral? Do you believe the organization is just fine? What do you suggest the fans do? If we can't talk about the dumpster fire because it's already been talked about what do we do? Why even have a forum?

It's tough to calmly discuss the health of your lawn when your house is on fire:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Entertainment: amusement or diversion provided especially by performers

I am saddened by how bad things have become with Brown but I would be lying if I said he wasn't entertaining by what he has done on the "field." I was definitely entertained when he battled to get the ball across the endzone against the Ravens in Dec a couple years ago. Unfortunately, he's done a lot of stupid things off the field and it's time for him to move on but when it comes to entertainment, both Bell and Brown have provided plenty of it.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm old school, I simply can't view the Steelers, or football at the highest level, as entertainment. In entertainment, you are not rooting for one entertainer over the other, you are simply being entertained. Entertainment makes you smile, makes you gaze in utter amazement, but it doesn't make your heart pound, your stomach churn, and your blood pressure skyrocket. I think the biggest problem with the NFL is that is has become entertainment instead of football.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Looks like there are a lot of obsolete teams in the NFL every year then. I am not happy with the coaching staff at all but I am not ready to re-boot the entire organization just yet and expect a new regime to do better than we have been in year 1. And besides, we all know no changes are going to happen anyway.