1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    You and I will disagree. You think AB acting like a child makes it more likely he gets moved. I think it makes it harder to move him. Moreover I suggest that if AB wants to play for a contender it behooves him to be a professional. His actions will impact what options are available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Truth is he knows he is a GREAT football player and will land on team, either via trade or if he was to be let go. He does not care what the Steelers get in return for him, and he knows he won't play in Pitt next year, so he doesn't care. No matter what happens, some team will take him on next year.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Like others have said, I think AB suffers from metal illness. On the football field, he is doing what comes naturally to him, and he is completely confident in his abilities. When it comes to life in general, he seems quite unsure of himself. Players like him always find a way to blame others for their problems. I think part of the problem with both AB and Bell is that they dug themselves such a ditch, that it became easier to stay away then to return and face the music. I will be very interested to see if either one of these guys achieve anywhere near the same level of success on new teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    What you say sounds great. Unfortunately, it just isn't going to work out that way. AB has no respect for Tomlin. If the Steelers had made a coaching change after the season, what you suggest might have worked, but they chose not to. If Tomlin attempts to lay down the law now, AB will lash out in ways none of us would have ever considered. There will be more social media outbursts, faked injuries, missed practices, and tell-all interviews. What do you do when AB gets disgusted and just removes himself from a game? AB and Bell are never going to do, what you think they are going to do. They have proven that. At some point the Steelers have a franchise to run. If the Steelers were to force AB to play here next season, the headaches he would cause would be unimaginable.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Unfortunately, if AB had the wherewith-all to use his brain like that, he wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Both are far too talented to not have success elsewhere.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    We shall see. The track record of guys leaving Pittsburgh for greener pastures isn't very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Well said! This will be a pretty good test of that scenario!

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely think that is true with AB, him and Ben have a real connection on the field, they anticipate each other very well. I feel confident saying he will not enjoy the same level of success he has had here.

Bell could fair better but he has been out of the game for a long time. His first season will definitely be off, we'll see if he finds his groove soon after. Tell you this, whoever signs him, he better commit to every second of every camp or he won't make it through the season without getting injured. He's enjoying the good life and gotten lazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct but how many of those guys that did leave were in their primes and when they played for us thought of as the best at their respective positions. But on one note Sanders did have better success with denver than Pittsburgh although he played with the sherriff so there's that.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He wont depending on what team he goes to. If he happens to be traded to say new Orleans, green bay, indy, Seattle, even Dallas, etc.. I doubt he wouldnt. Now if he went to the cardinals or the Bills than I do believe he wouldnt enjoy it as much but he'd still have some success.

14. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Just keep him. Give him about 50 targets for the year. When he acts out, suspend him. When the media asks, no comment. Do this for the remainder of his contract which is multiple years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Best idea yet! Unfortunately, friends don't suspend friends.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not saying he will stink without Ben, if he has Rodgers throwing him the ball I am sure he will have a good season. I just don't see him putting up numbers quite as good as he has with Ben. They way they anticipate each other would take time to duplicate with a new QB, he's 31, his skills are going to be dropping off each season from now on. Already has begun. his DYAR and DVOA are way down from what they were the previous seasons and a lot of that was because that connection he and Ben have shared wasn't really there last season. Probably because of the friction between them.

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    AB has turned into a little *****, Bell has always had issues...This is why I still blame Tomlin/ Rooney...

As Watt has stated...I just can't see now, after all these years that you now going to be stern, and be a Disciplinarian...no way!

Your 2 biggest stars were your 2 biggest malcontents....What happens when the next 2 big stars come, how long will they listen to your words?...I really wish/ Rooney should have sent him packing...He didn't have the stones basically...

I look forward with hope to every new year, but this upcoming year is going to be so unique ( Steeler wise ) than it has been in a long time....

I just can't fathom how you are going to change your style ( he has to ) from being the favorite teacher, to laying down the law...Players have seen you and your character in a certain light...Now after all these years you're gonna change?...

Everyone, not just Steeler fans will be watching intently this upcoming season...This season will tell us once and for all if Tomlin has the ability to change ( be tougher ) with more discipline, or if it's time for a new voice and move on to something new

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Bingo! Unfortunately!

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Got them. Just left the airport.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Greg Jennings sheds some light on AB's side of things. And it's Ben. Interesting, but remember this is the take of guy who has acted outrageously away from Ben and the Steelers, so it's a lot a bit skewed. I think a lot of ABs perception is influenced by his mental illness. The problem is Ben not taking responsibility inside the locker room....coming from a guy who pouted because JJSS got the team MVP, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Quite ironically enough, I recall AB saying that exact same thing around the time he signed his deal

22. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018

This tells me all I need to know. Not that I didn’t already lol.

23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Dallas? Prescott stinks

25. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Even Brown's biggest defenders should have an issue with this level of disrespect and cowardice. You can't even meet with your employer and give your demands to his face? This is absolutely pathetic on AB's part.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.