1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Thoughts on the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Feb 4, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. Both teams played great defense, but the Patriots made a few extra plays that sealed the deal.

2. Applying pressure on Brady's offensive line & playing man to man coverage instead of zone works well against their overall offense, just like how most of the Super Bowl went.

3. Cooks dropped a key pass that would've been a touchdown & Goff's interception basically sealed the victory for New England.

4. That late hit on Goff out of bounds should've been called, along with a few other non-calls as well.

5. Even though the Patriots tied our record, we still won 6 SB's before them, so I guess that's the only argument that we have left at this point.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The biggest key to me was how bad the Rams offensive line played. I thought they were ranked as the #1 line in the league somewhere. But they really blew it, New England didn't do anything fancy scheme wise/stunt wise. Rams o-line was a no show and it killed the Rams all game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And when the OL wasn't ****tin the bed...... Mcvay and Goff were

4. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I watched a couple of their games this year and that was one of the worst D's I've seen this year, how the f they turned that around I don't know.
    The Rams offense just crap themselves do to pressure. They were lighting people up until then
    They weren't calling penalties in the game, I saw a bunch of calls that weren't thrown. A lot of PI stuff missed on both sides.

I hate to say this, but they will have 7 by the time Marsha and bellidouche is done. I read they have 12 picks in the early rounds or something like that in the draft. At this point who cares what they do, we will still have been the first to 6.....

5. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    I think our argument is that we didn't have to cheat to win ours.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sean McVay failed to have his offense/QB prepared for multiple looks.
    Shame on you.

7. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    I still think the Steelers is more impressive than NE's. The Steeler's didn't cheat, and your wins were during a period where the NFL will still tough and hadn't been pussified by Tom Brady.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "Brownsgal"? This is 2019. Something doesn't add up here. :hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In today's world, we prefer "vaginized"

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I like your thinking Browns Gal:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Speaking of Brown's Gal, one has to ask: Is she a fan of the Mistake by the Lake team?, or ex-Steeler Antonio? Or perhaps a baseball fan and liked Kevin? :shrug:

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe she's got a crush on BFT and likes the color of his uniform?

13. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Who is this BFT that you speak of? Am I a Browns fan? Yes. Newly ex Steeler AB? Don't care one way or the other. Somewhat a fan of baseball. Kevin? Kevin Love? Not really.

I do like this board better than the Browns Board. Clevelander's are too freaking negative sometimes, not that we haven't had a reason to be negative, but it's constant.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Well Brown's Gal what is your opinion of the Hunt signing? I think I would value a women's opinion
    more than most people on this subject.

15. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Yesterday and earlier today, i was uncomfortable with the signing.

Hunt comes from the next town over from me, Mitch Tribiski is from around the corner, so while i don't follow their teams, i want to see the local kids do well. When that all went down with KH, it was so disappointing. I watched the video, but basically tried to ignore the whole thing.

Today i decided i would rewatch the video. I found a video that is about an hour and a half long. It is the video off of the cops that came to the scene.

I am a fan of LivePD, so wasting an hour and a half is easy for me. I came away with the opinion that KH and his crew tried to do the right thing. They found out the girls were underage and asked them to leave. The girls didn't have a ride home, they were given some money for an uber..they lived about an hour away. After they were asked to go is when it turned ugly. One of the girls, the that was shoved and kicked got lippy and started calling them the n word. In the police video, the girls were drunk and uncooperative. Refusing to speak to the officers until their parents arrived even though they were over 18.

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not sure their paths have crossed, unfortunately.

17. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Sorry phone issues.

I felt that the girls were caught up in being with someone famous, and the one girl especially acted very entitled. While this was all going on she posted on Facebook that she was stranded in Cleveland and scared, and her sorority sisters trecked to Cleveland to pick her up. Really, you should try to watch the video. The friends show up and start to dazzle the cops with their knowledge of psychology.

after all of that mess, I am giving Hunt the benefit of the doubt. He has issues, he was in another tangle around here and one in KC, but like Junebug said, the league isn't made up of choir boys. If he can keep his nose clean, it benefits the Browns, if he can't do it, then they didn't lose much financially.

also a highlight of the video is this drunk guy trying to help the girls by re calling 911 for them. He was being a douche and ended up arrested. While kh and crew did not.

18. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for your perspective.

20. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Sorry that I was so long winded.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Someone who used to post here a lot. He works for UPS

22. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Thank you! I was trying with no luck to figure that out.

23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

He was also a Preacher with some good football insight and had over 25k posts if I remember correctly. Was on here every day. As soon as the players started kneeling for the National Anthem he went lickity split and hasn't been seen since.

24. Brownsgal

Oct 26, 2018
    Maybe something happened to him. Hope not.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Both the cheats and rams received two 3rd round comp picks in this years draft, the rich get richer we got none of course:

And in other news... NFL awarded compensatory draft picks today - Patriots and Rams each received two third-round picks. The full list, per sources:

[​IMG]