1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Belicheat

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Getting interviewed by Cowher and Simms...

Simms asked: " You have been there so long...How / what have you done over the years to change with todays modern players...With all the money they make, and attitudes...

Belicheat: We take away the social media and all that outside noise...If they don't buy into that, We are, and they probably are better off somewhere else...

Lolololololololo....There it is, RIGHT THERE!

That's why the Cheats are/ have been for a long time better than.....Tomlin/ Steeers and the complete opposite mindset...

Do whatever the **** you want....We good!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Do whatever the **** you want....We good![/QUOTE]
    Well it works if you keep winning. Players need to remember that part.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dude, there you go. Social media be damned

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We're too conservative. There's of course more than one way to skin a cat, but I can't think of any good reason why we shouldn't compare ourselves to the team that keeps winning. What do they do that seems to result in success and what are we doing differently?

A big one is we stick with unproductive players and stick with unproductive schemes. We're hesitant to change. We do what we do regardless of whether it seems to be working or not. Belichek very quickly dumps players that he can't trust or that don't produce results. We stick with our mediocre players for far too long.

We should also be more aggressive in free agency. We don't necessarily need to try to sign stars, but we can sign solid role players. NE is full of role players. We seem to all but ignore free agency and it's mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It doesn't matter how much talent a team has. If the coach can't put players in the best position to succeed, nor run a disciplined organization, then said team will fail. Of all the 4 major sports, coaching matters most in the NFL. If Belichick were coach in Pittsburgh since 07, I truly believe this team would've won three SB's at minimum.

There's no way that Pats team should've won the SB. They didn't have a great pass rush. They didn't have a deep threat receiver. But...coaching...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Culture is everything!

The Patriots play for the name on the front of the jersey and the Steelers play for the name on the back of the jersey. And the Steelers players love Tomlin for allowing them to express themselves!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with this and I also agree with the whole social media thing that the Pats do. However take this season out of the picture and was social media the problem? 2014-2017 we went 11-5, 10-6, 11-5 and 13-3. We also lost in the WC, Div, AFC Champ & Div. We had/have a team that in them years could of won SB's and many think we should have.

I have said time and time again the defense has been our problem(like many here) but it is not players it is scheme. MT was a defensive coach and IMO I have yet to see what he has brought to the table here on that side of the ball. IMO he is trying to change us from a 3-4 team to a 4-3 or "dollar" defense which is fine but he has 3-4 guys as coaches and that IMO has been the problem for years.

I think what we see this year is a result of the years of not winning the SB and players acting out. I am not making excuses I am not taking sides and I am not Tomlin hating I am just pointing out what I feel and see. There is so much talent as proven by our record the last 4 years and playoff appearances. As long as Tomlin has Butler here we are gonna see the same old same old on defense. Scheme is not our friend and MT and Butler do not mix well, if MT is the HC then IMO he needs "his" guy there as a DC.

Now is it to late for all this IDK there is a lot of damage done with Bell and AB, but I feel Mr Rooney needs to come down hard with the hammer to the team......players and coaches. We are no long the "cream of the crop" we no longer stand there as the sole 6 time champs. Let's right this ship and work back to where we once were and get #7!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They take away social media?, unless your name is Marsha, James was on there too when he was playing with them. [​IMG]

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sad but true.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is about 95% wrong. Toss AB and Bell out of the equation and we aren’t even having this discussion.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Seriously?

How about Martavis Bryant?

How about the non-stop drama?

How about the Steelers being the most undisciplined team in the NFL?

How about the Steelers buffoonery being in the news every week?

How about the DC not knowing who we are playing a few days before a game?

The list could, and does, go on forever, and you can ignore it forever if you want, but don't pretend like it isn't real!

You might be okay with the Steelers being a collection of devas and mis-fits, the vast majority of us are not.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1