1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is certainly possible. I think Brown is capable of it. If it turned out to be true, then I would agree that it was fair to say he quit on his team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah I know that i was just pointing out how he wasnt the headache he normally is.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB is gone. Owens is mentoring him. Explains a lot.

As long as the value is there in return for an AB trade, he'll be on a new team this coming season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

All what you say is fair and I agree but to say we are better without him is wrong and that was what my comment was about nothing more. :smiley1:

5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    at first I was like no we need Ab because of double teams, but now I think as a team we have a better chance of winning with out his selfishness, healthier locker room and more team unity will help coaches and players and orginization

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jeremy Fowler reported that AB wasn't happy about Ben calling him out on the radio for running a bad route in the Denver game, that's understandable Ben threw a bonehead int on that play, cost us the win :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, not sure what route AB could have ran there that would have made a difference. IIRC, there were two defenders in position to pick that pass off. Ben should have thrown it away. His fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Even if that happened and Ben was in the wrong entirely, he needs to act like a 30-year old man and deal with it professionally.

There really is no excuse for what he's doing.

And regarding that play, I wonder how much Brown was in Ben's ear to throw him the football.

How much pressure did Ben feel he HAD to get Brown the football? << plenty of picks this year attempting to force the ball to Brown.

pushing all of this AB stuff onto Ben is silly. Even if Ben was in the wrong (which I'm not all convinced he even is), it doesn't make him responsible for what we are seeing with Brown.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It was Pouncey's fault because he blocked Harris too good, which put him in position to make the int. That's what Ben said on his radio show after the loss.o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Good read and many good points that a lot of people have posted here but I have one comment about this. The guy points out AB as a "cancer" but yet he also say his teammates who are at the pro bowl have said they want him back, it can't be both right? He is either a locker room cancer or he isn't, I have said before in this thread I will side with what the players are saying and not what is reported by reporters and social media. I really feel we have beaten this to death and it really is a wait and see IMO. If the players want him back then fine if the players want him gone that is fine. My opinion is I want AB back but he has a lot of talking to do and it starts right at the top. If AB can't talk to the owner, coach and teammates and smooth this over he can hit the rode jack and don't ever come back no more no more no more..........JMO.

12. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Apparently there has been communication but they are keeping it quiet.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/steele...confirms-communication-with-the-steelers/amp/

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There's 53 members on the team, where do the other 50 stand? I'm sure there are players in there that don't want him back. So there will be a divided locker room and the circus continues. Been reported that multiple teammates feel he quit on them. I don't care that he showed up on Sunday, AB knows full well that when you don't practice, you don't play. He quit, period. It's a crappy situation, Rooney has a tough decision to make.

Probably because there is no meat to that story, just his agent saying they have been in contact. I don't believe that. Or if there has been, it's his agent saying AB wants a trade and considering what AB is posting, that I would believe.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There are two sides to the story and from what I am hearing Ben R, isn't the greatest teammate either.Can't wait until both our gone and of course Coach T.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry Blast I am only commenting on what I read I am not in the locker room and either are you so we have to take what the players willing to say. Ans since that is 3 pretty important players there I think that carried weight. Yeah many players have said he has quit on the team and yet here they are talking about him coming back next year..........

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    re-enter the Mark Malone era. Yeah I can hardly wait. Fire everyone and things will get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t have to be in the locker room, you heard from 3 people, leaves 50 we haven’t. Human nature tells us that there will be people in there that don’t want AB back.

AB is posting pictures of himself in a 49ers uniform, what makes you think he wants to be back?

Would be risky enough keeping him if he was sorry for his behavior and wanted to be here, he’s displaying the exact opposite and you want him back?

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

22. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Everyday something else..Y'all really want him back

23. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Doesn't quite seem like he's sorry

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Whatever man I get your pissed but don't try and paint a picture. Yeah of course there are people pissed and yeah we all are pissed this sucks man, but you have heard from 3 very strong members of this team that speaks volumes.

Like I said the whole social media thing gets blown out of proportion, lets wait and see what happens. I am sure there is so much we don't know and maybe never know. We all can sit here and post back and forth but fot what lets wait and see what the hell happens.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Whatever? Paint a picture? Why are you getting mad, what are you even talking about. I merely pointed out there are a lot of players you haven’t heard from. You’re making an awful big leap thinking 3 people talk for the whole team.

I know you don’t want to lose him but you should brace yourself for that. Not sure why you want a player back that doesn’t appear to want to be here. I’m sure that would make for a smooth season. Better hope they don’t lose any games and Ben throws him the ball 800 times a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.