1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If I am correct AB didn't expect to play he knew we wasn't and either him or his agent called MT Sunday morning asking what he needed to do to play. I am pretty sure that was what MT said in his new conference.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not sure why you even waste your time debating stuff with this guy? Most of the stuff he wasn’t even born for or wasn’t old enough to have been paying attention when it happened.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He expected to play until that point. When Brown walked out Wednesday and skipped everything from Thursday through Saturday, he expected to play anyway on Sunday.

I don't think anybody believes he was injured. Tomlin called his bluff on that by telling him to get it tested Friday, which Brown didn't do.

Blast, I'm the one seeing it for what it is. If he intended to play in the game, saying he quit on his team is hyperbole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He probably didn't expect to play but he wanted to play and had his agent call to see if his actions had made it too late. He was told AB wouldn't be allowed to play. I've been staying out of the debate because I know I would be the first one to jump off his couch as AB is taking one to the house if he's a part of this team next year. I am also a believer that fences can be mended and all hope is not lost.

I know it's a reach to say this but maybe this is the kind of wake-up call this team needs. A lot of this has been brewing within this team. There's the under the bus throwing. There's the different rules for different players. Social media garbage and just entirely too much noise coming from the locker room. Maybe it needed to get this bad before the coaches and players realized that this has to stop. I know it's wishful thinking but it's the only hope I have that this can be salvaged. This is a galvanizing opportunity for the team and the coaches as well.

They can potentially use this as a way to bring this team together in the way that's needed to actually field a SB contending team. Enough of the on paper crap with these guys. They have to get out there and prove it. If the players and coaches fail to seize this opportunity to right the ship ,as far as I'm concerned blow it all up. They all could hit the road and we can start from scratch. As a few others have said I believe it's mostly a Tomlin/Ben/AB issue. All three have been doing a terrible job of fulfilling their responsibilities as the most prominent members of this team. There is work to be done by all of them. It's not gonna take just one.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Some are now reporting he sat out to show the team look at how you look without me. I dont buy that but it is plausible.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Btw that was posted by AB ^^ lol

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with this all 100%, he did not expect to play he wanted to play....that was clear in Tomlin's presser. Also many are right about our big 3 guys, AB/Ben/Tomlin not being leaders. There is a reason it took Ben a long time to become captain and has AB ever been one, I don't think so. Also Tomlin has a veteran team and let's them run the show and imo that is why we got where we are right now.

You won't be alone rooting for AB if he is here cause I will be as well and if he is gone I will be rooting for whoever is here. One thing I want to see if we have another disaster like this the Rooneys better clean house. Enough is enough with all this crap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    So AB wants to play in San Francisco and be the second coming of Jerry Rice?! Go right ahead. Just remember this, Rice didn’t fight with his quarterbacks, he didn’t disrespect his coaches, he wasn’t late for meetings or skip walk thrus, and most importantly, he never quit on his team. I love AB as a player, but as a person... not so much. You’v got a long way to go before you’re in Rice’s league AB.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    If I’m the Steelers, my first calls are to Buffalo and Detroit. Who cares if the deal is a little less than San Fran. If he wants to go there, do everything possible to NOT send him there. I’m never a firm believer is screwing someone but in this instance I would love nothing more than to see him traded to the Lions or the Bills.

• Like Like x 2
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ocho wasn't good with the Patriots, probably why he wasn't a diva with them. He had trouble learning the Patriots offense :shrug:.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That guy Jim Wexell who covers the Steelers said from his research that what set AB off was JuJu winning the team MVP. I can see why AB would be pissed, he's the best WR in the league, but his teammates vote the #2 WR on the team MVP. That still doesn't excuse AB actions though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

With all the drama and on field antics he didn’t deserve to be MVP. JuJu is an all around awesome dude who performs on the field and off. He’s a representation of a true professional. AB is only a stat guy. He can’t even show up to scheduled appointments on time with fans and etc. Dudes a clown and the Steelers will be better off without him guaranteed. What’s that tell you when your own teammates don’t vote you MVP when you’ve put up the stats he’s had?

• Like Like x 1
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    JuJu embodies everything a Steeler is. And he has been excellent every day he has been a Steeler and more. If that really set him off, **** him and get some high draft picks for him and let's go. JuJu is a #1 and the Steelers are the best drafters of receivers in NFL history.

No more distractions. This team needs to get the right people on the field and the right coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    What a freaking idiot :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Look at this clown, he's still with the Steelers and posting crap like this :facepalm:.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea he doesn’t care for Pittsburgh any more because he’s mad at Ben. Boo hoo

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB's outburst came the day before they voted on the mvp. It may have contributed to it after the fact but something else caused him to walk out on Wednesday.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What's really messed up is that while juju appreciated being voted team MVP and was humbled by it I don't think he cares about it. He is just enjoying life and being young. To contrast AB who if this is accurate is just craving that kind of recognition and everything he does just screams I need the stats and personal glory to justify who I am.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben probably said his mink coat does not match his marshmallow shoes lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  22. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    we be a better team w/o AB ( looking for a great trade, it can be done, i believe... Jss, Washington, Rogers and maybe draft or free agent pick up and we will be fine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This is just ridiculous I love Juju and admit he is a very good WR but come on he just racked up major numbers while AB was double EVERY TIME! Oh and by the way AB put up big number while being doubled EVERY TIME! I get it the off field stuff has everyone mad and rightfully so but to say we are better without AB it wrong. I know it is only one game but take a look at the last game, without AB Juju was targeted 10 times caught 5 for 37 and a td. We threw for 285 and rushed for 65 vs a team full od backups.......sorry they are very bad numbers. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    All true, but do you realize if Brown was allowed back in the locker room what affect that would have? Anything goes when you pander to this type of attitude.

Literally pull out a red carpet for him every time he's comes 15 minutes late to practice begging for his services.

No kick him in the balls and send him packing for being an idiot making sure he knew just how bad he messed it up on the way out.

Only a paradigm shift and a born-again AB can turn around and make this situation work.

But he's posting crap on social media about how bad he wants out like a kid throwing a temper tantrum until he gets his way. A pretty pathetic thing to see how money and fame has gotten to his head.

He's right Jerry Rice is the GOAT, and because of Brown's attitude and behavior he will never be. Rice brought a leadership to the team Brown will never do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I am starting to think AB really is a Steeler next year. I think he really just likes hearing all the talk about him. But here is why I think he comes back. I think the Steelers say yeah...we voted JuJu MVP...we wanted him to feel what you have felt the last few years when we voted you MVP.....You feel the Steelers don't respect you? I got about 21 million reasons a year that say that they do......and here is the real kicker. The Steelers are not being offered the kings ransom that they hoped for Brown. Can Brown's ego be ok being traded for anything less than a #1. Can he accept that the league as a whole is saying I am not sure he is worth it, and if the Steelers were to trade him to a Blake Bortles or Case Keenum led team he would not be able to put up the numbers to prove everyone wrong.

He is going to need a top flight QB to put up the numbers and he knows it, and most of the teams with that top flight QB are saying I am not sure we need him.

Just like when Lev Bell hinted at wanting to be a Colt...and how good could they be with him....and the Colts were like...We want guys who want to play football...and we have a pretty good one at RB named Mack.

Could a good team make a good offer for Brown? Yeah..I think it could still happen....but I think the ones that are going to want him are the ones devoid of talent, hoping for their messiah to come turn the ship around.

Same with Bell. I still think he most likely ends up with the Jets. Based completely on how much money the Jets have..and the fact that they might guarantee his entire deal. The did guarantee Darnolds entire deal, and they reportedly offered Kirk Cousins 90 mill guaranteed. That will get Bell in the building because thats what he is about. He is not about stats, or rings or yellow jackets...He feels the only thing that shows your worth is the money. Brown on the other hand has all the money, and GOAT rings he needs....He wants those stats so he can get that yellow jacket....and thats why I think he probably is still a Steeler next year.

HACK

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.