1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Art

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Jan 20, 2019.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Have you noticed the Patriots don't have a circus like you claim you don't have? The picked up Randy Moss, you know AB before AB, but not diva act had he in Foxborough. Step dpwn and let your son, Dan, run the organization like your old man.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Next season is a huge year for the Steelers. Will Tomlin quit being everyones friend and start coaching like his job depends on it? (cause it should) Will they finally Draft defense ? Will the players start playing for each other instead of themselves? This team is at a huge cross roads and i dont know which way they will be heading.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm pretty much over this NFL to even care anymore.. Same s*** every god dam year with the patriots I can't deal with it anymore

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Will the team stop tagging Bell? We did the same thing with Wallace and both instances were major distractions the NE has never have. Folks want to lay all of the blame on the coach but the organization has to share in that as well.

Let's focus on football and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    The Steelers have spent a first round pick on defense the last 6 years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    I don’t think I would compare the Wallace situation to the Bell situation. Wallace was tagged as a an RFA at the completion of his 3rd year. If memory serves, he held out some of camp and returned. At the end of the season he wasn’t tagged again.

I would agree that they misplayed the Bell situation. It would have been better to tag him with the level of tender that would allow for a trade. I have to believe they really thought they could sign him.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t be confusing him with facts.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nah, Aaron Hernandez was no big deal. Spy gate? Deflated balls? False injury reports. Belichick grabs a ref. Espionage in two super bowls. Deception on substitutions. Belichick resigning from the Jets one day after signing. Tuck rule game. 20 players arrested since 2000. No, no circus there. Good example you picked there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

And that to you isn’t reason for concern?! Sure as hell aren’t seeing much resulting from that “fact...”

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2019
    I didn’t say it wasn’t reason for concern. I was simply noting that they have actually focused on defense in recent years. I would agree that they have missed on some first round picks. This has been to the detriment of the defense.

There has been a lot conjecture on Tomlin, ownership, and the front office. I believe there is enough blame to go around, but some of the conclusions being reached are pretty strong (and they rely on incomplete or inaccurate facts).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    any team that picks Edmunds in the first round is not looking to grab the best guy out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure wish they had taken Darius Leonard there...

14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    edmunds was the reach of the draft. But it is typical of how they spend high picks lately

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The thing is, just as the Saints didn`t get to the Super Bowl because of a ref, we didn`t get to the playoffs because of a ref down there in NO.

If we went to the playoffs like we should have, we might not be complaining right now...all this because of an incompetent or corrupt ref.

16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I don't hold out much hope the Tomlin can get this mess under control. I can't think of a coach that was a players coach for years and suddenly the following year he is a strong disciplinarian.

There is something seriously flawed with this team , how can they beat NE and hang with NO and lose to Oakland and barely beat the Bengals.

Its year after year of being inconsistent and playing down to lesser teams. Come on Art something more than a couple of positional coaching changes is needed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    AND got Edmonds in the 2nd...Panicked!

19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And...Took Artie the bum because the Bungles moved one spot ahead of us and took William Jackson III...

Colbert always talks about taking the BPA...Bull****!...Start taking the BPA!

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

How did Vita Vea turn out this year? RaShaan Evans? Kolton Miller even? How about Rashad Penny? Hayden Hurst? His brother Tremaine even?

Keep in mind that the aforementioned either were not just slotted as Day One starters like Terrell but also First Round Picks. Of the aforementioned, only Taven Bryan got better than young Terrell. The others were either really slow starters overall or simply could not due to injury. For that much alone, a rookies best ability is their availability. Terrell showcased that the entire season. For that matter, for the final five games of the season, Terrell started to act a lot more than react.

If anything, among the players Steelers fans should be most excited and hopeful for, Mason Rudolph and Terrell Edmunds should be 1a and 1b; Chukwuma Okorafor a close second. Those three are the future. Like it or not, we need those three to become much better; James Washington the same. Personally though, given the fact that Terrell, James and Chuks (especially) finished out their rookie seasons stronger than they began them, it is possible that they will be trending upward next season.