1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 5, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I know they weren't great when they needed to be, nobody on defense could make a game changing play in the 4th qtr in crunch time. But with Butler having another year on his contract, and them being ranked in the top half of the league in rankings, helped Butler keep his job. Butler's biggest accomplishment is them leading the league in sacks the last 2 seasons.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Honestly in today’s league our defense is good enough, it’s just the turnover prone offense combined with horrific special teams and coaching mistakes is too much to handle.

To put it simple, offense giving away defense not taking away

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    KC is going to be the next big pain in the ass for years to come in the AFC. Reid will have a SB within 2 seasons. Wanted Steelers to fire Butler and go after Ryan. Now looks like KC might get him.

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    They had one?

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree they have. But the NFL is a constantly evolving game. You see teams changing things up. The only guy that still successful doing it his way is belichick and even he has changed up somewhat. They have when needed got big names. They got a Revis in 2014. They signed a stephon Gilmore. Tried to get Josh Gordon to work etc..

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You just contradicted yourself. You cant one minute say it rarely happens but then say the NBA can take the risk due to little chance of injury. Plenty of players do see the length and plenty dont. Problem is it's not a BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT situation. It can happen so therefore players try to put themselves in the best positions possible to maximize their earnings. It's why bell said he would only come back if the team didnt franchise tag him.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I mean of course he doesnt but I'm just saying in reality.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No I didn't. Rarely happens doesn't mean it doesn't happen and you avoided the question. If the unlikely event a player suffers a career ending injury his first year of the contract, you believe that player is entitled to 50 million dollars guaranteed? You don't think AB's 19 million guaranteed is more than fair compensation for not earning a dime of it? Thats some over sense of entitlement right there.

Basketball isn't a contact sport, your comparing apples to oranges, hell, you're not even comparing fruits.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm pro player. Not pro team. So yes I do feel it's nothing wrong with a player trying to earn high guranteed dollars. Hockey is a high contact sport. They get a fully guranteed contracts. And they pay every player their value based on what they player has done and what they project the player to be. That's how you negotiate your contract and get what you are worth based on the market value of your position.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    As Todd Christensen once said, hockey is a contact sport, football is a collision sport. At least you are comparing fruits now but still not adequate comparison.

I don't believe in something for nothing. Earn it. You'll never see fully guaranteed contracts in the NFL.

The only thing I think the NFL should do better at, is take care of it's retired players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It may one day happen. The next CBA will be a long battle. Probably will definitely see another lockout.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Players union is weak in football. Not like the players union in baseball.

They don't stand a chance of winning that battle. Nor should they.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep. Shazier knows all about this.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Belicheat will know the play before the snap, Old habits are hard to break.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Brady takes less money, which helps the team. Also they don't pay big money to a RB or WR, like Pittsburgh did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers defense isn't good enough, that's one of the main reasons they didn't make the playoffs. They can't get stops late in games, or create enough turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Pittsburgh didnt pay big money to a rb. They did give AB money. And that's what makes Brady great.. he has always taken less and if he takes less how can anyone else on NE justifying making more money?Peyton took pay cuts as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Maybe NOT:

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Former Giants’ DC and HC Steve Spagnuolo has emerged as the favorite to replace Bob Sutton as the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator, per sources.

Spagnuolo and Andy Reid worked together in Philadelphia, share the same agent and have a mutual respect for each other’s work.

8:31 AM - Jan 23, 2019

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That makes more sense. Reid is very hands on, he can do that with Spags but Ryan would run his own defense.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yup Brady really wants to win no matter what, you can't hate on him I am sorry, he is a true leader.

indirect shot at Ben lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    In today's league it is. Rams/Chiefs/pats made it far with subpar defenses, they just have better coaching and kickers that don't miss lol.

denver- take the self inflicted fumbles away and we likely win
    browns - if ben was not a turd we win, too many TO's. not counting the missed fg
    raiders - coach being silly, another missed kick
    chargers - on the D
    saints - we played well enough to win but timely turnovers (who cares about refs)
    kc - defense, but we improved after

of those six take away the bad turnovers/coaching and we make the playoffs with 1 win.

I agree though, coaching is not good enough and the defense probably fails again in the playoffs. Better coaching = better defensive results. AQL is right, butler has to go.

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Heading to AC for some sports betting. If any of you guys and gals bet on the Super Bowl who would you put your money on??????? I can't let my hate of Patriots influence my betting. I'm leaning towards the Pats.

Of course I'll throw a few dollars away putting it on the Pirates to win WS. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Going to bet large sum on the under which stands at 78.5.

23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    always bet the patriots. win win either way

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I just can see myself rooting for them to win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I wouldnt consider the rams defense subpar. They have multiple pro bowl/all pro players with the best defensive player in the nfl. Chiefs defense horrible. Pats defense is decent it's the scheme and coaching by belichick that make them look good