1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Julie Edelman HOF LOL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by TOMSTEEL88, Jan 21, 2019.

1. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They say Julie Edelman a HOFer . What a joke. the NFL should just be called the New England national football league . I hope someone on the Rams defense breaks this idiots leg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Hey remember a guy named wes welker ,and how about danny woodhead ,,NE just has some unexplained strange ways of making extremely average joes appear godlike ..Once they move on they basically disappear ..Maybe somethings in the water up in NE,IDK man,but its strange to say the least.

4. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It seems unlikely. Edelman is a possession receiver and there are receivers with much better number still waiting to get it. He does have the second most receptions in the post season (behind Rice) but I doubt that is going to get him in.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I feel really bad for the Moderators here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He's gonna be 33, and has just under 500 catches. These are Doug Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders type numbers for guys of similar age. The only way Edekman gets to the HOF is if he gets in line behind you and me and pays admission.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think they said hall of complainers.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who's they?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Did he play for the Steelers? Why doesn't someone get a NE forum just for this kind of post? Buts since I am here, my 2 cents worth: Hines will be wearing a yellow jacket before this POS does. IMO>

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I suspect neither Hines or Edelman get in. But if one of them does it won't be Edelman.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Edleman?! Hall of Famer?!

Interesting.

12. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    you can make a case for him based on what he's done n the postseason- second most receptions all time behind Jerry Rice- he missed an entire season too. In the end I think he falls short.

Whoever said he hopes he gets his leg broken should be ashamed of themselves. That's not how Steelers fans act, show some class

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  14. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    It took TO how many years to get in? Edelman ain’t getting in off of being 2nd in one record. Way too many players deserving in front of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The Hall of Fame is not reserved for a specific portion of either season; Regular Season or Postseason. The Hall of Fame is reserved for those who have been consistently great over a period of time. For example, when it is all said and done, ring or not, Antonio Brown is going. Julio much of the same should he stay healthy.

Players like Wes Welker, Julian Edleman and others will not get in. While they have some good stats, they have not been as productive overall to the levels of receivers already in such as Moss, Rice, Largent, T.O. and others. For that matter, getting in as a Wide Receiver is notoriously difficult.

In short? "Flashes in a pan" do not get the call. Those who have shown long periods of dominance do. Julian is not getting in.

16. standupsteelerguy

Dec 26, 2017
    The original poster stated quote: I hope someone on the Rams defense breaks this idiots leg

I don't care how much you hate the patriots, any fan who openly roots for any player to get hurt is a classless loser. A disgrace to Steelers fans.

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    PEDelman. Same guy who missed games this year for PEDs is the SBMVP. League is in shambles.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I read where Edelman is ranked 248th in league history for receptions, he might get in because of postseason success.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The "Who?" in which I was referring to, was the "they" that say Edleman deserves to be in the HOF. I am still not sure if that has been clarified. Even with a SBMVP in his back pocket, Edleman is still no where near a HOF receiver.

20. standupsteelerguy

Dec 26, 2017
    quite a few commentators have said he should be in the HOF, Boomer Esiason of CBS Sports, ESPN’s Adam Schefter, CBS’ Nate Burleson, and Fox Sports’ Jason Whitlock to name a few. As I have said above, a case could be made, but i think he falls short in the end. But man, is he clutch in the post season.

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    A case could be made for anyone. The bottom line is he isn't worthy. The guy is 148th in all time receptions and 248th in all time receiving yards. His post season stats are inflated based on the fact that the Patriots make a Super Bowl run nearly every year. Wes Welker would be far more worthy for the Hall and he doesn't have a shot in Hell of getting in either. There are plenty of receivers that are better than JE that are still waiting to get in. Hines Ward being one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. standupsteelerguy

Dec 26, 2017

thats too funny, as i was going to add that they would need to put welker, ward, and many others in first lol.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Amedola 2.0 in the dark Lord's scheme.

24. standupsteelerguy

Dec 26, 2017
    he is 10 times the receiver amendola ever was or will be. HOFer? nope, don't think so.

they did work well on the field together though.

funny thing is the fins are expected to cut him. He could have gone back to the patriots, but he ran his mouth a bit after he left, badmouthing BB, so that's not going to happen lol.