1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 5, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure you said the same thing last season, look how that turned out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I slight disagree. Rams have talent on defense. Chiefs have a washed up berry and Houston.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice. Good luck!

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    He's not the GOAT IMO - Montana going 4-0 and Bradshaw going 4-0 trump him. You don't get as much credit for getting there and losing. Do people consider the Bills great because they got to 4 SBs in a row (and lost them all). What about the Vikes with Tark? Elway doesn't get as much love because he was a multi SB loser.

I mean, look at today, Brady was average (to below average). 2 INTs (and should have been a 3rd). His team dominated TOP and total yards and they nearly lost because of his errors.

Not saying he sucks, but he's not as great as the system he plays in. There is a reason he was drafted so low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's until they start having robots play football.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    No you’re right, just saying these guys never look weak lol

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Exactly. Again to my point. Put him on any other team and he would be gone by now or a never was.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Agreed. A healthy Gurley will do wonders too. Ball control, eat the clock.

9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    AFC = NBA Eastern Conference when Lebron was there

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    C'mon Heinz there's no way you expected the Eagles to beat the Pats last year.

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    If it is scripted the official in the New Orleans game that blew that no call pass interference call wasn’t told!The NFL and CBS would have loved a Brady,Brees matchup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    All is lost.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Everyone keeps saying that but, Moss, Welker, Amendola, Edelman, Gronkowski, a few good running backs through he years. Really good defenses in the early years of the dynasty plus, a coach who's more than willing to cheat!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Chiefs had it! ******* in the neutral zone...Had em...But gave Brady a 2nd chance..Can't do it

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If you are undisciplined and more self centered than your opponent how exactly are you better? KC had NE in their own building and got completely smoked in the first half, Pitt didn't make the playoffs despite their amazing talent.

If having playoff home games is the secret to success, how come the Steelers lose a lot of theirs.

The hard truth: The Pats are a great team, the greatest of their generation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    More willing? He's like the freaking Mob of pro football man.

• Like Like x 2
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Rams remind me of eagles from last yr.

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ok...Night y'all...Watching the Super Moon almost fully eclipsed...Freaking Brady and the Cheats in the dance again...Sickening...I don't know why I let myself get so worked up cheering against them...It's quite sad actually, That I have to cheer against them damn near every year...Because our team isn't good enough

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, he only played in 8 so far. #9 is in the future. But conversely, he could have beat the Giants both times and a 4th down stop on last year vs Phily would have won them that one too. Yes, the could be 3of8, but they could just as easily be 7 or 8 of 8 too

20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Don't confuse better with winning. Many times the better team doesn't win. The Pats win, but not because they are better but because they generally don't make those fatal mistakes. They are better in the sense of they follow directions better and do what they are told, but they aren't a more talented or complete team, they're better focused.

It all counts though, but that's why they win.

It's like the game of Simon says. Simon says clap your hands. Simon says hop on your right foot. Touch your nose. Simon didn't say.

That's other teams. There is no reason KC had to line up in the neutral zone. The Pats didn't do anything special. KC just blew it. That doesn't make the Pats better IMO, it makes KC worse. Other teams lose (see Atlanta, Seattle, Steelers, KC, etc), some one has to win and lose.

It's why the Pats struggle vs the Ravens. Their coach manages the details. It's why Coughlin and the Giants can beat the Pats when it mattered. Managed the details. Other NFL teams haven't figured that out. Andy Reid, please. Tomlin. Yeah right.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also wade Phillip's was the f coordinator for Denver when they beat Brady. They have the formula.

22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ok, if a team that wins more isn't better, give me an objective criteria of something else that denotes better. And we're not talking about a team that wins a little more than everyone else, we're talking about a team that wins ALOT more than everyone else.

Suppose I say the Dallas Cowboys of the '70s were better than the Steelers? They were more innovative. Made the playoff more consecutive years. I'm not confusing winning with better, like those nostalgic Yinzers do. Still like your argument?

23. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Do you think the Rams were better than the Saints today?

24. DoctorHver

DoctorHver Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I give up on the refs with that over turned fumble call on eldman with 8:35 to go. And its was complete **** show after that. SO when are they going get rid of the replacement refs and to bring back the real refs....oh wait.

Unfortuntly many fans are gullable, but unfortunetly for many owners winning SB is not everyting or just win one and thats enough.

you know something is wrong when they are changing rules to favor the offense, which makes it less of sport than it was prior, but thats why GOAT has to be ether Bradshaw or Montana depending on who you ask.

Since begining of 21st century NFL does feels like completly diffrent sport, but when did these rule changes start to happen i.e projecting the QB did it start the moment Goodell arrived or had it already begun with begun with Tagliabue?

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It really didn't. Williams did many of the same things. Hunt didn't play defense, and that was the area where Kansas City fell apart in the fourth quarter and overtime.