1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What if AB doesn’t get traded?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 18, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think they will find a way to work things out. Not saying that’s what I prefer, but just have a feeling.

So what do you guys think the Steelers will do?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they will listen to all offers and if there is a show stopping one they will take it. If there isn't the AB will be on a short leash. There will be specific language detailing what is and isn't going to fly. Then it will be Ben smack down time and they will make sure he knows he has earned the right to nothing. You don't call out the rookies you don't harp on AB's routes and you don't use your passive aggressive bs on your radio show. Let the healing start and ......

If it starts again AB is dealt for beans before the deadline

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If he isn't traded, we'll all be spellbound the entire 2019 season watching: "Lightning Strikes Twice....Bell:The Sequel". :frustrated:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He quit on his team. I dont see how u bring him back. I just dont. I am sure if they dont get what they want. They will keep him but I cant see how it would work.

It's not like he is gonna say sorry or even change. Only get worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It will be Bell 2018 squared. Same thing different Diva.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If he is not traded, then his influence will spread. Even in the event he retires with the Steelers on good terms, the damage will have been done by then. JuJu and James both will likely be affected both directly and indirectly by his actions.

That does not bode well for any of us. Much like a disease, only one option. Remove it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    If he's not traded I hope someone breaks his jaw, and if he is traded I hope someone breaks his jaw

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    AB is older, he won't sit out a season like Bell did.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    For AB to stay, he'll have to beg forgiveness, admit he was wrong and apologize to the team, Tomlin and Art II. Nothing AB has done or said since the Cincy game indicates that he's remotely considering anything like that.
    If AB comes back the steelers are asking for trouble. At some point, he'll be a problem again. Maybe not right away, but inevitably.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a simple way to fix that. Play it out this season. If they win, people stop giving a damn. If they suck, Tomlin goes and it becomes a fresh start because the new coach isn't the one who put up with Brown's crap.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Players only meeting. That's who he quit on. Will they accept him staying? :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ben has won 2 Super Bowls without a Diva. The defense needs upgrades. An extra 1st and 4th could help that.

I feel the players wouldn't really give a shat. It's the brass that has to deal with his anger issues. If he stays it won't be the last episode. Time to end the distractions and drama with him and the rap giant for good.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope both he and Bell play on bad teams.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    oh i do think the players give a shat. they work they're tails off to win and to have a star player maybe show or not affects them winning or not. is he going to quit in the middle of a game the way he quit in the middle of a week? is he giving his all if he doesn't get his way? if i'm a team captain, i need answers to his give a shatness. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's not going anywhere. Look at how this team has handled other problem children. There is a total lack of leadership from Art2-Colbert-Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    if he stays I don't think it's as bad as Bell. End of the day he's under contract so the team has all the power. Dust ups like this could be called "conduct detrimental to the team" and teams suspensions handed down and significant loss of salary. He also has to show up to training camp or be fined and again lose money before game checks start rolling in--I know he has guaranteed money etc..but dude is pretty focused on his $$. I think it was harder to discipline him in the past because publicly there was no knowledge of his antics (other than sideline). Now, the cat's out of the bag...he's best served to walk the the line as he has no in season leverage. He can act like a douche during the off season and there's really no action the team can take. Once camp hits...it's a different story.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't see any way he's on the team next year. I know his age, but I think he'd still threaten to sit out and force a trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Then I will accept that he has made amends for his transgressions and root for him as I would for every other person that dons the uniform.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

It's the opportune time to re-invent the locker room to something positive. That means Bell and Brown have to go. Tomlin has to step up and change the culture of the locker room from the free-for-all concept to there being real consequences for the type of behavior we've seen.

The only way Brown is kept if the guy apologizes to Rooney, the coaches, and the fans for his behavior, which isn't going to happen. Can't let him just stroll back in like nothing happened.

Him being a distraction is far worse than him being on the field. The Steelers have a lot of weapons to spread the ball around on offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think what the Steelers will do is cut ties with him. I think Art2 has had enough, and AB’s main protector, Tomlin, is now fully on board. They’re ready to send a message.

Just a matter of waiting for the new league year. AB will be shipped to the highest logical bidder (I.e, not an AFC North team).

• Like Like x 1
  21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If A day or two after the Cincy game, AB had publicly expressed some regret for how things turned out, even without taking any blame, he'd have left the door open. But his webcast w/ JH mocking Tomlin's new conf, his cryptic tweets, his claim that someday he will reveal the whole truth, his refusal to talk or associate with anyone on the team, including the owner, all point to a guy intent on burning his bridges.

For AB to come back, the Steelers will have to beg him to return. That won't happen. But if they do, they are asking for trouble and it won't be pretty.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I honestly hope if they do trade him it is to Arizona. Just because I feel like outside of the state there isn't a huge fan base, they haven't been competitive the last few years so fewer national exposure games. It would really just be the place to watch his career fizzle.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait...it's been said many times here that neither will ever suit up for the Steelers again. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You know ever since the official you're done for the season date there wasn't much coming out of Bell, then I see a tweet from him about a WNBA player who got tagged and may sit out the season until she gets more money and Bell telling her to get hers. So obviously all his bs aside it was all about money and not utilization or resetting the market or how the team values him.

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is ridiculous. They don't have to beg. They have to expect. Remind him when it is mandatory to report. Fine him if he doesn't show. Make it very clear to him that the team is going to do what's best in its interest, so the best he can do is show up, do the work and continue to receive his salary.