1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are the best coaches leaving?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Jan 15, 2019.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    No you're not alone. This doesn't surprise me, if he truly believes all of that he's clueless. And people wonder why we say ownership is more interested in being just "good enough" than going for it all.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He must be brainwashed by the non losing record crowd

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He treats it completely as a business. It is a business yes but there are other factors. It's not as simple as if w > l in regular season that's all that matters.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have said for a looooooong time Mike Tomlin
    is not going to lead us to the promised land. It has just taken
    you fellow board members longer to jump on the bandwagon.

My friends he is a position coach and maybe not to good of one at that.
    He is not a leader, this is why people are jumping ship. I can't believe the Rooney's can't see this?

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Arians really isn't part of Tomlin's coaching tree. He'd been coaching at various levels for probably 30 years before Tomlin inherited him, then he made a lateral move to Indy (after Tomlin retired him) before he was promoted under Pagano due to illness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Satire. You didn't get it? Thank God I don't work for you.
    You really think Tomlin is making the calls on who stays & goes? Granted he has input but the buck stops there.

7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If AR2 truly believes this, I can only shake my head. He has lost his grip on reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Coaches usually get fired or leave for other opportunities. It happens everywhere in the league.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Every team has their drama. Pittsburgh had more of their share this year of it. The sky is not falling, and the two primary perpetrators are soon to be gone.

Media likes to ride the "circus" concept and be real dramatic. Art is just working to correct the wrong. Playing into the circus drama only makes that more difficult.

And a lot of the circus concept regarding for example Ben was indeed nonsense. Made a big deal out of nothing just to create drama and get views.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    So, if they don't extend Tomlin this year, will that be a warning shot to him or will it just be to quiet the fan base? If the team doesn't make the playoffs again next season, will that be enough to cost Tomlin his job?

11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    My opinion is that it is a warning shot & if they miss the playoffs the next two years Tomlin will "retire" when his contract is up. Miss playoffs next year & I think Art ll will let him finish his contract. As to quiet the fanbase, lol. Art ll has bigger kahones than that. Tampa Bay is a great example of quieting the fanbase about every 3 years.

12. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Birds fly south because they know winter is coming. Animals run from danger when they sense it. Coaches know when to get off a sinking ship. Anyone that thinks leaving Tomlin in place to fix the mess that will be next season is delusional.