1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Controversial: Big Ben Allegations

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's probably harder for me because I work in a prison filled with rapists, child molesters, etc. So there's extra emotions that perhaps the average person doesn't have. It's like you with Vick, I want Ben to fail on a personal level, but I want the team to succeed. Those are conflicting emotions and both can't occur at the same time. So I'm stuck cheering for a guy I want to fail. It definitely didn't help my passion when they signed Vick either. That's another guy I have no time for.

Hopefully this AB drama will remind Steelers management that character means something. There's more to football than just raw skills.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Probably close to a million times. I mean that literally.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The only comment I would make on this long dead played out subject is I remember there was a short window of time when the team would consider trading Ben. Good thing it did not happen.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The girl was out partying hard with a bunch of her girlfriends while wearing a DTF (Down to ****) button on her shirt. Everyone thinking that Ben was a total dirtball forcing himself upon a choir girl just seems to have some axe to grind. There was no evidence of rape and she only came forward after weeks of talking to her friends which suggested she should go after him for monetary possibilities.

I'm sure he's no saint but she was far from being an angel herself. Let's not forget that she was also illegally in several bars drinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm a sports star making that big money I'd simply pay a high end hooker. I lived in Hawaii in the early 70's and I use to watch the hot as hell high end hookers get 150.00 from the rich guys. I'd guess it's over a grand today but you got the money so avoid the bull****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    WTF is this f*^kery? Apparently it is open season on BR by the Ben haters club. Some of y'all need to get some new hobbies FFS.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    THIS!
    I said at the time and I'll say now, Have none of you ever been on Spring Break? Especially in Mazatlán, Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas? The stuff that your little darlings do there would make Xaviera Hollander blush!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Just me, I'm not a Ben defender...But I remember reading the girl in question was wearing a " I want ****ed t-shirt "...Told all her girlfriends she WAS GOING TO **** him...Followed him from bar to bar...And when the girlfriends were questioned under oath, stated all of this...

I mean,I don't believe Ben is a choir boy, and probably not even a great person...But this sounds like anything BUT rape

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If I were to truly guess. That girl swallowed the evidence. Ben went back out to hang with his guys. The girl who thought if she played her cards right was about to become Mrs. Roethlisberger realized it was just what it was and had buyers remorse and changed her mind.

Is that what happened? I don't know. But that story seems more likely than the rape story, based on the evidence that the prosecutor said they had.

HACK

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Anymore "Sexual Assault" allegations include anything a female doesn't like about what you say, act, or do.

They can literally make these allegations out of no where and blackmail men, and the people will run with it end up destroying men's careers without anything more than an accusation.

This is one of the many cases that proves it.

Antonio Brown's and Le'veon Bell's actions are well documented with video evidence well beyond a reasonable doubt. That is the difference.

For all we know, if there was sexual activity between Ben and this girl, it was consensual. Motive? blackmail for $$. Settle out of court. Could that be what happened?

A multi-million dollar celebrity. How do you KNOW it didn't beyond a reasonable doubt?

We don't, but that won't stop the idiots of brandishing him as a rapist.

Facts don't appeal to the simple minded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The 20-year-old in Georgia? They got her drunk. Roethlisberger went to the bathroom and waited for his guys to bring her to him. Then they stood outside the door.

Also, I believe Disco is mixing up the two allegations. If I remember correctly, they met at the bar where the alleged rape took place. She did have a t-shirt or button that read "Down to ****," but that doesn't mean she intended to do it with him. I don't think anybody is claiming that she was innocent, but she was much younger, underage to be drinking and the events leading up to her being locked in the bathroom with him were at best creepy.

The woman at the hotel was the one who bragged to her friends about having sex with Roethlisberger, then over a year later came after him for money. It was actually after he returned to the hotel a year later and supposedly blew her off. She didn't even file a criminal complaint, so it was all about the cash.

12. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Sounds like some R Kelly Chit.

13. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    20 years old is not a kid. That's two years older than you have to be to go fight and die for your country. It is 4 years older than you have to be to drive a vehicle where your ability to act responsibly could mean your life or the lives of others. One of the reasons I think young people are so darn unprepared for life these days is because we keep adding more and more years to their "childhood". Sorry, this is a sore subject for me.

I don't know if Ben was guilty or not. It is not a popular opinion to have these days but I don't just blindly believe all accusers. Celebrities have accusations made about them all the time, partly because the accuser knows the celebrity is rich and will pay a big settlement to make the problem go away. I am not saying that all accusers are liars, but enough are that you have to be careful. It really bothers me that the NFL will punish you these days even without a formal complaint or charges being made. They do it not because they believe the player is guilty, but because some PR person is telling them they'll have an image problem if they don't. If the Roger doesn't punish every accused player no matter what then you'll have people claiming that the NFL is anti-woman. It's a PR move and not justice. This is mostly due to Roger's mind-blowing response to Ray Rice, who was guilty. Now every player is guilty if even the hint of an accusation is put forward. It's not fair.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger was punished and we do know he and his guys were guilty of some very creepy behavior, though you are correct in saying we don't know if he actually raped the girl. I'm not sure anybody knows. From what I've read of the incident, both of them were extremely drunk.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    You know, after reading some of these comments, the ones that stood out to me was beating this subject like a dead horse. Now, I just wanted to get some insight on this because the seriousness of the situation shouldn't be swept under the rug. Also, since we all don't know what really happened, I'm just going to say that Ben was immature back then when he rode his motorcycle without a helmet & put himself in risky situations in regards to this thread.

And to those who wished that he would fail outside of football, I think that wishing someone that is quite disrespectful. However, drunk or not, he still had choices to make that night, with or without his friend's approval. Furthermore, it compares to a wild college party situation: while everything's going on, some things can still slip through the cracks. Even though it's an unfortunate situation, but he's been dating Ashley Harlan since 2005 and they went through the allegations together, which brings up another interesting point:

He still went to a bar, got drunk, & found himself in a sticky situation all while he was dating her, so what does that tell you?

Overall, even though it happened 8 years ago, I just wanted to give my view on this whole situation.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    LMAO at this thread. Someone must really be bored. This stuff played out years ago. Let it go already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re late to the party bro. Like 8 years late. Go start a thread about AB. At least that’s relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he has learned from the experiences and has grown from it, he isn’t still making the same mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What I see on this thread are statements such as "know one will know for sure", and other nonsensical bs remarks and gossip. If you don't have anything definitive, that would be facts to support an allegation, STFU. This is like reading the Enquirer or watching CNN. Why bring this up after all this time? Why? What good will it do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Lol, that poor 20 year old little girl was just a babe in the woods being hunted down by the big bad Ben wolf. It never ceases to amaze me how people will just jump to defend a woman. She was probably just out that night for drinks with the girls.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  21. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Vice is not a trusted or reputable source, it’s a bunch of SJW BS. They are toxic feminist pro any drug illegal wannabe progressive crap that you can imagine. You can find pro <insert> any illegal activity including pedophila. According to Vice if a women beat a man and the man called the cops the cops should arrest the man because women are better and never wrong. I’m not a Big Ben nut hugger but he didn’t do ****. Go after those scumbags that are in tape beating women, not Ben. He’s a drama queen but I doubt he did this.

22. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    So Ben and his crew forced the girl to drink? Wearing a DTF button and just looking for it, but Ben is the dirty old man in the whole ordeal lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I get what you are saying but this is a message board that is what goes on here, very little things are fact and most are peoples opinions. I feel like the OP was very respectful and rules minded when he started this, is it old news yeah but if anyone don't want to talk about it move on nobody is making you read this and nobody but the MODS has the right to tell anyone what to post. Not even the "wanna be Mod". The OP stated why he started it in his first post.......

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you completely missed the part where I said she wasn't innocent, in fact that I don't think anybody is claiming she was innocent. My point is that going to a bar and wearing a pin or t-shirt like that doesn't mean she wasn't raped. I have no idea if she was raped or not. Neither do you.

Also, I think the previous poster was mixing up the two allegations. It was the one at the hotel who bragged about having sex with Roethlisberger, then filed a civil suit after he blew her off a year later.

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He was punished for buying an underaged girl alcohol. But i put that on the bar. They let her.

HACK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.