1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it all Ben's fault

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Jan 12, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No.

Ben does not equal Parcells. One is a coach, one is a player.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Has anyone ever considered why Ben would throw AB under the bus? Could it be that Browns attitude and antics in practice, in the locker room, on the sidelines, off the field are wearing thin on Ben, an egotistical guy in his own right?

Everyone seems to be going back one step to see what caused Brown to act this way. Ok, lets keep going. Lets go back one more step. Ryan Clark had AB pegged as a troublemaker in 2012.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Have you not seen the comercial for the probowl " Come watch your heros play" :hehehe::hehehe:

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I blame Obama lol

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    And one is much more intelligent, just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    One point that has not been brought up concerning AB is that it is said that he was very close with Dan Rooney.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think a lot of the Blame is with Ben ...He always blames someone else when a play goes wrong ... His body language is always disgust when a pass play looks wrong ... The Team has catered to Ben getting him OL, TE'S ,RB'S, tall WR'S , fast slot type WR'S.. Basically anything he has asked for ,and yet he still comes out like a dud far to often ...

He has blamed all his OC'S for his bad play as well....So I could see why AB may be fed up with him if he has been calling AB out in practice the way peeps are saying ...

I would rather build a great Defense and a strong running game ..Trade AB and Ben and rebuild a real Team .....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't care much for Ben, but I believe in personal responsibility. Whatever AB did, it's because he chose to do it all by himself. He has no one else to blame. Ben didn't force him to skip out on our last game. Ben didn't force him to beat up a water cooler. Ben didn't force him to stream a video of our locker room. Ben has done many things, but AB acting like a lunatic is not on Ben. Could Ben be a factor in locker room issues? Of course he could. How much we'll never know, but I would be very surprised if there weren't players in that locker room that really dislike Ben and the way he acts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Now if we actually did that to the Broncos.....this would be a much less hostile place right now:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Really? The game would be better off without players acting like fools. The NFL is turning into a circus both on an off the field.

13. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Hey I totally agree, but it's been going on forever with all teams. Athletes who are highly competitive have different ego levels and some are crazy psychos. If you want a zoo, you need to have a few animals in the cages. Not everyone can be Justin Tucker opera singer types. Even Kurt Warner would snap off his chin strap when he didn't like a call from Mike Martz. Brady and Josh argue quite often. Brady and his trainer was blown out proportion. Not to mention, Beaver Falls Joe Willie Namath. Around the country many people didn't like Joe. TMZ would love Broadway. Even the good guys are human and eventually grow up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think AB is 100% to blame for the situation he's and Steelers are in. HE had the temper tantrum. HE skipped practice. HE gave Tomlin no choice but to sit him for a must win game. HE hasn't shown the slightest indication that he's sorry or regrets abandoning his team mates.

But having said that, I get the impression that Ben can be jerk and isn't universally loved by his teammates. And it appears they get irritated by Ben's comments to the press. I'm sure they respect his talent, but don't like personally, we all have probably worked with someone like that. Ben is almost never voted team MVP, despite almost always being the team MVP. That says a lot about how his teammates see him.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, they yell at them on the field and their coaches on the sideline...……………..like Phillip Rivers!

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He has already started this offseason when talked about a contract extension..
    Said" Take care of Pouncey AND resign Foster, and we'll talk"...

Is that backing your teammates OR Ben being a Prima Dona and basically making ultimatums

17. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I would submit that it doesn’t necessarily have to be one or the other. I think you can find examples where he says the right things and other instances where he is making the wrong type of comments.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I say both in this case as he knows he has the best OL in Football .. If was all stand up he would restructure so the Team could have the money and make decisions..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    That's not what he said. Here's what he said.....

“I have another year on my contract,” Roethlisberger said, “and if No. 53 is coming back, I’m coming back.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steeler...ts-records-wins-nfl-passing-title-and-says-he

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't have their money...But already speculating IF Ben signs an extension...It would put him 2nd behind Rodgers...Why?

Why, Not take 20 million as opposed to 30...Ben has made a ton of money...If you want to go for it your last couple years... 10 million could get you another good FA...

This is what Marsha did...But granted his wife makes more money than him...But either way it's not like Ben would have to be searching his asstray for loose change

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    They even went out and got him Darrius Heyward-Bey

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

On one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, I don't begrudge Ben or any players every dime they can get.

The Rooneys have made a billion or three, they aren't searching ashtrays for loose change. How about they don't shake down taxpayers for money every once in a while? But that thought never seems to occur to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I really wasn’t looking at it from a money angle. I was looking at it through the lens of culture, team unity, leadership, etc.

There are a number of examples where he has added to turmoil, either through his actions or words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

By no means is it all Ben’s fault. However, he is definitely part of the problem. What sanders said is basically no different than the things Batch and ward said several years back. To his credit Ben seemed to have improved in that regard. He may be a great qb, but his overall leadership skills have always lacked in my opinion. Look at the other top quarterbacks in the league. They show up to camp in shape while Ben shows up looking like the pilsbury dough boy. This year he showed up to camp much slimmer than years past, but he’s still nowhere near brees, Brady, Rogers etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

That makes no difference at all. He is the franchise qb of an NFL team he needs to act like a leader.

• Winner Winner x 1