1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown's Actions will Speak Louder Than His Words

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Most people consider Ben a Hall of Fame QB...And he has won the MVP on his own team ONCE!...Damn this team must be stacked! ...A H.O.F. QB can only win one MVP on his own team! How don't we have like 10 Super Bowls!:steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well yes we did see Ben be great without AB again I did say he can be I too am not doubting that. However you are saying he was great with another great WR in Ward. We just watched how great this offense was in the final week without AB vs a injury ridden Bungal team.

Again they are great together that is my point and both will take a hit apart. That is my opinion based on what I have seen the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not a Michael Irvin fan but man he just said something that many won't hear. He said in Pittsburgh there is no I in team and nobody is bigger then the team but there seams to be a B-E-N problem. They are all tearing up AB but they are also talking about how Ben is throwing people under the bus.

Guess it isn't just a few of us here on the message board that are talking about this........

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People keep pointing to that Cincy game. That week was complete fubar leading up to Sunday. They didn't even have a game plan in place for playing without AB. They also won't go into next season without bringing in another WR. Conners ankle was still gimpy too. I don't think that game carries much weight as an indicator of how the offense will be.

Ward was great but he was no AB. JuJu can be everything that Ward was. Holmes talent can easily be matched as well. People are way too worried about moving on without AB. As far as I'm concerned, JuJu is a star on the rise. AB is a cancer, needs to be gone. Team would be better for it.

Having 2 first rd picks would be huge, actually it's the only thing that would bring me some excitement going into next season. I've never felt this way before about an upcoming season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Talent rises to the top and if Ben is so talented he shouldn't have needed a game plan. I get what your saying but man he was playing vs 2nd and 3rd stingers.

Lmao at the excitement part, having 2 first rounders will be like a fat kid in a candy store :smiley1:. Also one thing to me that will be interesting is if we get a top 10 pick........what is that like???? As a fan I can't remember ever picking in the top 10, the best I can remember was 15. Draft day could be interesting.......

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All your opinions have some good points but it remains to be seen if ABs talent and the way he needs to be defended can be replaced. Im gonna guess,not too easily . JUJU is a great receiver but a lot of his success right now is based on the fact AB commands so much attention. He admits to as much himself. The best receiver in the league doesn't grow on trees.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

Top 10 would be amazing but not holding my breath for that. Ben would be the closest at 11. Troy was around 15 I think and they moved up. Probably have to go back to the 80's for a top 10. Couple 6 win seasons in that decade. Any worse than that? Don't recall.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Everyone is replaceable I am just saying we will not be as good without AB. Juju is a very good WR but is he at AB level IDK but we shall see I am guessing. I can tell you this if AB is easy to replace why doesn't everyone have an AB?

Where do we go to get another good WR, the best in FA is Tate a far cry from AB or Juju. I am not saying I want AB to stay I am just saying he is hard to replace and both AB and Be will not be as good without each other.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm with ya'

• Like Like x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Crap how can I forget Ben omg......damn that was pretty close 11. I think we pick top ten unless we get a guy like Peterson back

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh Im not saying they can replace AB's talent, I'm saying they don't have to. They've won with less.

And I think Ben will be just as good without AB, I think AB's constant badgering of Ben for the ball actually hurts the rest of the offense. Spread the ball around, like the Panthers game. I understand AB's presence on the field helps make that possible. They definitely can't stand pat with what they have if they trade AB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Please get rid of him, he's been given a extremely long leash, too long in fact and he's used that leash to prove beyond any doubt that he is a selfish little baby and does not deserve to wear a Steeler uniform. It's time this team made some major changes.

The Tomlin, Ben, Brown, Bell axis is NOT winning another SB.

13. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    All over Denver sports radio today that Denver is positioning themselves to trade for AB....

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If he was crying about not getting the ball enough here, imagine how bad he'll get on his next team. He'll want to prove to the world that the steelers made a mistake, he'll want the ball 90% of the time and will become another cancer.

15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Then he would have to share with Sanders. I can see the fireworks already if this happens.

16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Another option is first rounder and Sanders for AB. Denver traded DT so Sutton could play, and he would be A good 2nd Wideout

17. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I got a signed bumblebee jersery from Lev Bell. Used to love it and now I hate it. My AB gear, used to love it now I have a feeling I'm going to hate it. JH was my favorite player, now not so much.

I'm just.. curious. If it's that all of these players really are bad eggs, or if there are entities in the organization that are forcing players out.

18. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Sanders is a shell of AB

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    CTE from the Burfict hit maybe?

20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Idk...Just seems so different...Seems like he went from being a great guy to an ******* overnight

21. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Told ya...That's the 1st...There will be more

22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My concern there is that he'll replace the "force the ball to AB" with "force the ball to Juju", with similar results - good and bad.

23. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Actually, the first might be the 49ers. Rice has been bending their ear about going all in for AB. But, you're right - definitely not the last.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  24. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  25. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed and maybe just maybe they can get back to a running game

• Agree Agree x 1