1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has you Steelers Fanship waned?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    But the taste never gets old!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I used to get excited for a Steelers game. Now not so much. I watch every contest. I am a Steelers Fan for life. Maybe because i'm getting older, really just tired of all the drama not only on the team but through the NFL. The game seems to be secondary with all the crap that now goes along with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Yes it has dam right it has. Its been a few weeks and I am still bitter at how this season started and ended.

Every year if we don't win it all I deal with the last loss and usually after a day or two I reflect back on the last game and I am proud they played hard and gave all they had and sometimes just got beat by a better team I can accept that.

This season the bitterness is still with me. Band aid fixes to a franchise that is hemorrhaging does not give me much confidence we won't all be here next year talking about Tomlins on the hot seat now or maybe they finally hire a real DC who knows who is playing on sunday.

I have been a fan since Mean Joe was a rookie and went through some tough times when the QB position was really bad between Terry and Ben . But in all those years whether they were good or bad they were never a dysfunctional joke.

Look at last week the pre game of the playoffs and they open with all the crap going on with the Steelers.
    It was freaking embarrassing, made me understand what Browns and Bengals fans have to put up with.

But soon I will be watching fat guys run 40 yd sprints and be reading articles about how long this guys arms are or how big his hands are. Then I will watch the draft hoping every pick we make is going to be the next Joe or Jack or Mel.

Then maybe I make my pilgrimage to training camp in Latrobe to see how they look and offer my opinions to anyone who will listen. Then its a long drive back home with the hope of a successful season about to start.

Then all will be right again. GO STEELERS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Yes it has. The Steelers were once a team of men, they are now an embrassing bunch of ill-discplined diva's. I just want this era to end, I am sick and tired of watching this clown show year in and year out. I have lost hope and interest, at 7-2-1 and holding the #2 seed, I knew just knew everything would fall apart, and it did, it's a movie we've all seen before too many times.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I am not looking forward to 2019 at all. I don't see the Steelers improving. Things will get worse before they get better. I've never been one to say blow the whole thing up and start over... but it's starting to look like this is what needs to happen.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There has been a dark cloud over this entire season.

I think one thing that would have helped is not letting the LevBell situation get to what it did. They should have found a way to eliminate the "will he, won't he" speculation going on for so long...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still enjoy football and root for my favorite teams, but at 50, my priorities are different and the losses don't sting as much as they used to.

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This team.has been on a steady downward spiral for awhile...They talk a good game...All the talking Heads say how they are one of the favorites every year...But there's aways the losses to scrubs, Drama galore, meltdowns, and of course Tomlins gaffes...

I think we need a complete overhaul, even if means taking a step backwards first...Just can't see this team as currently constructed winning anything...To mentally weak, not the right winning atmosphere...And not the right Leader to do it!