1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aditi Kinkwahbala

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 9, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and I am not making excuses either or sticking up for them I am just saying social media is the devil, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Social media has made people (especially celebs/athletes) feel bigger than they are. Nothing like an artificial ego boost to inflate that already-overinflated head.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That would mean we lost our oppurtunity, our biggest fear.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sucks for thousands of Steeler fans around the world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    kevin, kevin. are you there? come in kevin.:to keep order::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

YOU MY FRIEND are one of the few that understands the dynamics of what it takes to be a LEADER. I will give you something to add about Ben.

Every year we question what type of shape he is going to be in coming into camp (we don't do that with Brady and Brees)

Every year for several years Ben takes the "Veterans Wed day off" even after having horrible games on Sunday (what other QB does that?)

Ever notice how Ben only plays 1 meaningful quarter in the preseason (game 3) while Brady and Brees play a full half (oh I forgot that's not Ben's decision and he has no override authority. You mean like he has no override authority to call his own number on a QB sneak on 4th and 1? It's Tomlin's fault, its on Coach Haley yada, yada. Really! after 15 years as a QB you don't get to decide to call your own number on 4th and 1 BUT you supposedly can call your own plays in the 2 min offense? more fingerpointing.

Ben's decision not to get in the game in Oakland was the REAL breaking point for a guy like AB whom I'm not saying is without fault but again if I'm AB I know I messed up by skipping practice for the Cincy game but who holds Ben accountable for the Oakland loss, the league leading interceptions?

When James Harrison went to the Pats it was Brady who was one of the 1st to welcome him and put him in a locker next to his, Ben supposedly has a 2nd secret separate locker from everyone.

I don't advocate for any particular type of music but I know that it is more prevalent these days in a locker room than ever before, its part of the culture but who POO POO's on music in the locker room....#7 (I'm all for tradition but c'mon man let them have 1 day a month at least, show some solidarity and that you are willing to conform for the sake of winning)

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...aves-the-party-begins-in-steelers-locker-room

It's these type of things that make players question Ben as a leader (which he is not). His personality and the way he points fingers without working on correcting his own mistakes AND because of his questionable past make others not respect him as a PERSON. He rubs people the wrong way and its hard to be looked upon as a leader when the team does not win.

I will give you ONE LAST THOUGHT. You said Ben (as well as AB) may not be well liked in the locker room. Listen I live in NJ but I've been fortunate enough to attend at least 2 home games for the last 10 years or so. I've met people who worked at the airport, hotels, malls, restaurants etc and they all have felt the same way: NO ONE HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING NICE OR HAD ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT BEN AS A PERSON. NOT ONE!!! Whereas players like Jerome Bettis' are Pittsburgh royalty and revered for their kindness Ben is loathed. I CHALLENGE ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO RELAY A POSITIVE STORY ABOUT MEETING #7. I CHALLENGE ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO RELAY A STORY ABOUT SOMEONE WHO THEY KNOW WITH A POSITIVE STORY ABOUT MEETING #7. And please don't share with me how friendly he was at a celebrity golf tournament or a $1,000 plate dinner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm not saying I disagree with the rest of your post. But this... just. Huh? Are you saying Ben is the reason why we lost the Oakland game? That's just insanely inaccurate. He was on pace for one of the best offensive performances of the season before he got injured. As for "Ben's decision not to get in the game in Oakland" - you do know that was Coach Cliche's decision, right? That we were "in the flow of the game" and didn't feel it necessary to put Ben back in, who had been near perfect all day long.

Oh, and of course, Coach Cliche came up with some lame, bs x-ray machine story after he had already let that horse out of the barn.

8. dominilate

Oct 26, 2011

Never said Ben was the "reason" but Ben offered no resistance to the coaches decision to get back in that game and you know it whereas if that were Brady the Monday headline would've been how he and the O-Coordinator got into a heated argument because rady insisted on going back in. What I'm TELLING YOU is that players like AB who practice a work ethic that can't be questioned look at Ben's lack of enthusiasm and think WTF why am I killing myself, why is Josh Dobbs throwing me the ball instead of my so called leader who is healthy. WHY IS #7 criticizing my route running when he's not even on the field at crucial moments (Oakland)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    These guys are millionaires, most could care less what the average Joe's think of what they do. Just because the press wants to talk to Ben doesn't make him a leader. I will say one thing AB worked his butt off to get better when he first got paid as the remaining young money holdover. Can that be said of ben?

Much of ben guidance from his early days has been gone. Now having to take that role himself is not something he is well versed at. He hasn't had to be the leader. It's why he clings to his linemen and says when they go he will go. These are all he has from the stabilizing force that was, heath and troy and the bus and Smith and keisel and such. He's quite arrogant to the organization because he knows they can't replace him right now. He hears he's a HOF player and what he says goes now. He doesn't know how to have to work at his job. It's always someone else's fault if it doesn't work smoothly for him. No use trying to change him now.:cool:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im going to have to agree with Romano here about the Oakland game. It's ultimately up to Tomlin whether or not he goes back into that game. And we really don't know what was said between Tomlin and Ben either. Maybe Ben was lobbying hard and MT just wasn't having it until it was too late. I don't think that Ben is that much of a putz that he would intentionally hold himself out in that situation. I think that he would at least let it be known that he was ready to go.

I guess you could say that Tomlin is a$$hole 3, but I don't think he is. I just think that he's a mediocre coach.

As far as personal stories, I know of 2 second/third hand stories and neither are good. They're removed enough though that it's not worth mentioning.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben did say that he was ready and was just waiting for coach to put him back in. I don’t know how hard he lobbied. I guess not enough . It was just another example of throwing a coach under the bus . Then they came up with that asinine X-ray excuse. I’ve been saying the same things all of you guys are in the AB thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    I'll just put it on record that I don't think MT is an a-hole, either. I think he's just not that smart situational-football-wise.

Ben had his helmet on when he came back from the locker room, which tells me he was ready to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I heard he helped Stormy Daniels get home from a party one night..
    [​IMG]

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You have no idea what resistance Roethlisberger offered to Tomlin's decision to keep him on the sideline in Oakland. That was Tomlin's call. It's one of the reasons I joined so many other Steelers fans in saying it was time to move on from Tomlin. He cost his team that game. That was entirely on the coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kaboly thinks there was a plan in place that if they lost the lead, Ben would come back in. He said he watched them from the moment they came out of the tunnel after halftime, they never communicated once. As soon as Raiders pulled ahead, Ben grabbed his helmet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yea and that was a bad plan, because you could see how it was going it was just a matter of time because of how our backup QB was playing. At times MT does not have good feelings on how the game is going. He did the same thing with running the fake punt in the Saints game.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh it was a terrible plan, totally agree.

If your starter can go, he goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Very easy to Monday morning coach...it was Oakland...Dobbs couldn’t move the ball once??

Tomlin is still getting blasted for playing Ben injured a few years back against SF (if I remember correctly)

So Ben is cleared to play both times...and sucks horrible in SF but plays great in Oak (but too late)

Tomlin cannot win!! If he was fired he would already be employed...

People blame locker room discipline on him but if he would have sat AB after Facebook thing...people would complain about that.

What if Steelers lost game to Bengals and Ravens lost...Tomlin would have been blamed for being stupid and sitting AB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I tell my wife everyday that Facebook is the devil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Two different situations, Ben could hardly walk in SF game. All you had to do was watch him move. He should of never played in that game. :facepalm:

In Oakland if you watch Ben for a little you could see he was throwing and moving fine. You play him then.

It's not that difficult and not Monday morning QB because most of us were saying in SF don't play him after watching one series and we were all wondering about Ben before he did come in Oakland and when he did come in and watched him move and throw we all said wtf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Quit apologizing for him.

He stinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben is quoted as saying he was ready to go when he got out and that he was waiting for coach to put him back in. That sounds like the extent of his lobbying. Sounds like Ben said he was ready and Tomlin was feeling the “flow” Ben might not of been seen communicating directly with Tomlin. It’s possible he sent the message through Fichtner. It doesn’t seem communication is a strong suit with this team in any facet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    These are two entirely different scenarios. Tomlin played a hobbled Ben against San Francisco well after the game was decided. Ben was getting hit on nearly every play, and Airans kept trying to force the ball deep. Playing Ben was the right call. Given the beating he was taking, leaving him in the game after it was well out of reach was asinine.

Ben could have played vs Oakland and Tomlin elected not to play him. Both Tomlin and Ben acknowledged that he could have went back in. The Raiders game was competitive the whole way through. Not playing a healthy Ben was almost as asinine as the reasons he gave afterwards for not playing Ben.

The only common denominator in both instances is extremely poor judgment by the Head Coach.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. dominilate

Oct 26, 2011
    My point exactly, LEADERS DONT WAIT. Ben had a baseball cap on his head when he should have been screaming at the O Coordinator with a helmet on his head.

Its not the reason we lost and yes bad move by Tomlin but neither is my point. LEADERS DEMAND especially a 15 plus year vet. LEADERS don't wait for the play to come in from the sideline on 4th and 1 when we're moving the ball and have a Defense on their heels (this happened in the last game against Cincy). Sure we picked up a 1st down after calling a timeout but jeez you mean Ben doesn't have a favorite 4 and 1 play by now after all these years in the league? LEADERS run QB sneaks if they should so desire and dont have to get the O Coordinators permission to do so, not after 15 plus in the league.

When other players see and view you as devoid of leadership qualities they stop playing for you. They will play with you but not for you. Last time this team played for each other seems to me have been 2013 when they started 3 -6 but ended at 8 -8

Prior to that the ring we won for Jerome Bettis and prior to that was the loss to the Pat's in the AFC Championship. Remember how Hines Ward cried his eyes out not just because we lost but because he wanted for The Bus who at that time was thought to be playing his last season.

There's a difference between playing with someone and playing with and for someone. AB, Ben and Bell never played for each other and Ben has never been able to lead in that manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You’re preaching to the choir. I said it all myself in the AB thread.

• Like Like x 1