1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Butler won't be fired

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jan 9, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I've actually gone back and forth on whether or not we NEED a new D Coordinator. We really NEED someone to pair with Watt at the outside LB position, a rangy ILB who is also strong enough to shed blockers and stuff the run, a dominant safety, a run stuffing NT to take over for the failed Mccullers experiment, and someone to pair with Joe Haden.

I would draft the OLB, NT, S, and DB BUT would absolutely go after Mosely (Ravens) who is a free agent at the ILB position which may be the most important need.

We don't fire we just dont re-hire. Butler has 1 more year left on his contract, I believe he stays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Today on James Harrison TV we have a special guest today the former Steelers running backs coach

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    A well thought out post. I concur and believe that meshes with 'the Steeler way'. As a fan, I would like to see Steeler administration appropriately deal with the fact that Butler didn't know which players the team might or might not face Friday before the Bengals game.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Like the post the only thing I disagree with is the NT part. We have Hargrave and he has really been playing well....when he is on the field. We run this "hybrid" style and we have Heyward and Tuitt inside more than we use a 3/4 NT. At least that is what I am seeing maybe I am wrong but when digger is on the field he has been good. I have said in many threads I feel it is scheme and not talent that is hurting us, jmo.

I do agree we will need another OLB and ILB and so far from what I am seeing this draft has both. Depending what they do with Dupree will tell how much we could spend in FA. Some here have talked Matthews and I have mentioned Barr.....instant upgrade over Dupree imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    giphy.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1