1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why haven’t we heard from AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2019.

1. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I know we heard one side of the story and AB is getting killed in the media. You would think one would want to tell his side of the story and squash this.

If AB comes out and speaks w/ an apology, do the fans and organization get it together and move on with him or is it so bad that’s it over. Crazy and sad at the same time.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    As long as AB is good with organization im fine, He didnt do anything to me so he doesnt owe me an apology...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is talking and using surrogates to spin his side. He is claiming that he was fed up with some of his teammates not showing the same level of commitment he did and that it came to a head on that Wednesday before he walked out. Jim Wexell basically blew that whole theory out of the water by going through the whole roster and finding 3 guys that may have been less committed than the rest of their teammates. Big Dan, Eli Rogers and Artic and he had to stretch to even say they were a possibility.

He did however point out that VWilliams had his locker back in the corner of the locker room next to Brown's and where Harrison used to be too and both Brown and VW followed Harrison's example of not talking to the media until Friday when practice was over and the deadline for weekly storyline is passed. So saying that they were standoffish

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I read that AB was advised not to do that interview with Harrison, I bet his agent was freaking out about that.

5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He's gotta big night on the masked stinker to prepare for. No time to give apologies or interviews yet

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Skipping out the few days before the game really hurts ABs argument. Big no no with repercussions on almost any team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know who Artic is but he sounds huge. New lineman???

That would be a cool name though :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    darn autocorrect got me again lol or as it's known around my house Damien AutoCorrect

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Its his prerogative

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rumors are we are shopping him right?

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Better to let cooler heads prevail right now. We earned that right by not having to play this week or the next few as well:smiley1:

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Reports are they are open to it but who knows if thats true.

No trade can happen before March though, plenty of time to figure out what they want to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah. Take the rumors with a grain of salt.

"Open to a trade" or "considering a trade" means nothing. All it means is they'll listen to offers. I really doubt anyone will offer enough to make it worth their while. Unless, of course, it's worse than we know and they want him gone no matter what. I doubt it. My hunch is this all gets swept under the rug and we hear how they all kissed and made up some time around the draft.

What's worth their while? Probably 2 firsts and then some. Or a stud DB and a #1. May sound unrealistic, but I wouldn't let him go for anything less considering the hit they'll take (and the loss in production).

14. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I know this might be unpopular with some but I still want AB as a Steeler. I'll put up with a lot to keep his elite production on the field. Consider these four photos:
    1. #10 doing an 'out' route, #84 crossing with his post pattern.
    2. Ben's seeing which one gets the single coverage.
    3. It's #84 with the single coverage, creating some separation, Ben sees it and throws.
    4. Long gain.

It's darn hard to get elite talent. I hate to see Bell go, Brown go, Shazier go, and Ben's next when Munchak goes to Denver when IMG_4448.JPG IMG_4451.JPG IMG_4453.JPG IMG_4459.JPG our OL gets Ben killed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    not my first time thinking we wld better off w/o AB

16. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Ab was hurt and was asked to take an mri but didnt bc he feared somethin. He knew if he did he wouldnt be able to play soo he got mad. He should of followed protocol and communicated but he stubborn of the system. Hope it cools over and everything goes back to normal ;)

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Refreshing spin

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course. His agent was probably stroking out when he saw that clip with Harrison. Brown is young enough that he can get another contract, maybe even one with some big money in it . His agent wants a piece of that

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was probably faking his injury, that's why he skipped the MRI.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This guy is no joke. Artic is a free agent the Steelers just signed from American Gladiators. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    He's doing all his talking through his Instagram.. yesterday posted videos of himself working out with the title " who wants it" and "cross all my bridges above my enemies"

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Only thing that was hurt was his ego.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He did a live video, During Tomlins last presser giggling...Laughing that we were out of the playoffs...

Wtf was so funny...He was laughing at Rooney, Tomlin,his teammates, And every fan including you...He blew off the biggest game of the year, and rubbed our faces in it...

THAT, Doesn't bother you?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait, wut? Got a link to that? I thought he didn't do the JH thing?

He's already on my **** list, if he did that, he's dead to me.

I need to see that in context first though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    IF ( which we know he won't ) Had an interview and said something like " my ongoing frustrations this year boiled over, causing me to make a horrible decesion, I apologize from the bottom of my heart, it will never happen again...I plan on talking to Mr.Rooney, Coach Tomlin, and my teammates to try to rectify this situation, and hopefully be a Steeler for life"

Everyone makes mistakes, People get forgiven and get second chances but...

When you do a live video, laughing at your Coach, your teammates , and ME ( and you other, not as important fans ) Unforgivable, and **** you...And bye!