1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Completely Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Can't really throw edmunds in there yet it's only been 1 year but your right on the other stuff.. They need to stop reaching for defensive players with there first round pick.. All those guys u mentioned were total reaches and shouldn't have been picked that high.. Oh and Tomlin sucks lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    <Removed. Against Board Rules> Don't mean to make this political, but I'll stop right there.

Mod Edit: Then don't and good idea.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    You have a good point there. The Rooney’s have built a reputation over decades, and it’s being tarnished with the last couple year’s teams. This year being the worst.

On every sports talk show they are talking about the Steeler’s incompetence. Once it gets going down that path it’s hard to get it back. They’ve worked hard to get that good reputation too.

Sometimes I think Tomlin is a good coach, and sometimes I think he’s not. This team seems to not give a crap what he says anymore. He’s to busy trying to be friends with the players instead of coaching them. This team has turned into chaos and it’s been under his watch.

They will never let him go, but things need to change, and I don’t think they will. So it looks like we’re in for the same old same old next year, and for however long they let him stay. In my opinion a lot of this falls on Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably true but the interviewee gets the chance to impress them and from there who knows. Basically it gives minorities an opportunity at the job that they wouldn't otherwise get without the rule.

6. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Its become embarrassing Tomlin has lost the team and all his cool sunglasses and cliches isn t going to get this train wreck back on the right track.

I agree with the Andy Reid comments above sometimes its just not working and a change is needed. Time to go in a new direction.

In hockey one of the veterans of the Canadian' team from the early 70's under Scotty Bowan said "We hated the coach all season then we lifted the Stanley Cup every year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    To discuss further would be venturing into topics not for this board. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Even if you are right, at least they are getting an opportunity which they were not getting before the rule.

9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I understand why people seem to like rules like this and affirmative action but the reality is they don't work and further increase racism. By their very definition rules/laws like this are racist.

I'm not white and I've been on the other end of these "gift" laws and I don't like it. I know why I'm getting the treatment and it pisses me off to no end. Frankly, I'm more qualified and work harder than most anyone in my profession. I don't need to be singled out or promoted because of my race. I've also seen enough people in my industry get a chance based solely on their race when they aren't qualified. Guess what happens next? People start doubting me because someone of my race who wasn't qualified messed up in a gifted position. No opportunity should be given because of race/gender whatever. Whoever is the most qualified should be getting the opportunities, no NFL team is turning down minorities that are qualified, this is a bad rule.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    On a lighter note here are my predictions for this team:

1. We trade AB to the Pats, he goes on to set the single season TD & receiving yard record. Brady gets 100 TD in one season.
    2. Bell goes somewhere and gets paid $18 mil a year, he doesn't workout and mid-season traded to Pats and goes on to somehow run for 4k yards and 30 TD.

We go 0-16 and the Pats win the SB by the largest margin ever 300-0 against the Vikings. They now have as many SB as us and considered the greatest franchise ever. To make things worst, brady decides he's going to play until 50. AB & Bell love brady and they form a love triangle outside of football and win 3 more SB together.

Tomlin is still our HC.

BLOW ALL THIS UP! trade AB to the Cardinals and get rid of Tomlin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Your problem is you can't see how one can't "control players" and also cater to their every demand and request. These are also grown ass men with independent freedoms outside the reach of Mike Tomlin.

There are a lot of things you don't see, which isn't surprising as to why the solution is simply fire everyone with no specifics.

It is a contradiction to blame the team for not doing anything for example ABs temper tantrums and then blame the team for doing something about it.

And then we are surprised when the man child is impulsively threatening trade again?

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think it's time for the Steelers to just own up to mistakes they have made. It used to be that if you think your bigger than the Pittsburgh Steelers, then your gone. We might give you one chance, but if it keeps becoming a problem your gone.

I think the Steelers and us fans too. All fell in love with the abilities of Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown. What amazing athletes they are. Wow look at that did you see that, etc. Lots of cases the amazing ability won us lots of football games.

But in trying to keep the primer level talent it costs money, which really took away from getting any good Free Agent talent to the defense. Which they tried to draft players, with very little success, outside of Cam Heyward, Ryan Shazier, and TJ Watt. There were tons of busts. Jones, Burns, etc.

Steelers became this great offensive team with a bunch of egos. Which would win but when it mattered often faltered. It became Boom on offense, and let's just pray that we hold them on defense. Too many egos on the offense, too caught up in themselves.

The Steelers need to do two things along with getting some players with a better attitude.

1. Get the defense to something what it used to be. Feared. This will take time. But, I believe there are some good players on the D.
    2. Start running the ball. When you run the ball successfully this helps your defense. You win the TOP.
    I don't see the benefit of giving a 37 year old soon to be QB throwing for 5000 yards. When we went on a 6 game win streak.
    Didn't anyone not notice the A.)Conner was running the ball extremely successfully, and B) The defense was playing much better.

I don't see the Steelers turning this around over night. But shipping AB off this team doesn't make them to worse team in the NFL either by a long shot either.

Time to stop getting in the headlines, and focus on playing winning football.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not everyone. Some take comfort that they haven't had a losing season and believe that Tomlin is not the problem, as the ship takes on more water...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Art has turned into bengals owner mike brown keeplng an incompetent head coach and coaching staff inspite of of the fans screaming for change....

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This looks like something I would post. :applaud:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What is quoted here is the main reason I want Tomlin fired!!! He fostered this behavior by being "one of the guys". This mentality and behavior is why the team is so Jekyll and Hyde, no discipline so no focus on fundamental football.

The players are doing what they want because they've been allowed to do it, and there is no putting that Genie back in the bottle. Even sports pundits are saying the discipline of AB was too little too late and by the wrong guy, that is basically telling me they see it as a mess Tomlin created. I hope the Rooney family decides to buck their trend and axe him before the franchise becomes a place like Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    [​IMG]
    To quote our resident skitzo, BBH:

[​IMG]

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As we stare at the real problem pointing at us. Check out the bust on the right! Remember? Replaced by another bust #48. Thank goodness for TJ Watt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Transition time is upon us. Ben probably has one more year. AB is probably gone. Bell is gone. We have to act aggressively to set up the next generation team. We need to stack some draft picks. I think we have to do something big and now. I would trade AB to Carolina for as many picks we can get for him...or straight up for Donte Jackson (not happening, lol).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I like Connor, but I fear he is injury prone. I feel we need a two-head monster similar to Kamara and Ingram in New Orleans. Bring a guy in to pair with Connor and let Samuels come in and be the third down back.

I'm hoping for an early-mid RB taken in this upcoming draft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Reid moved on because he was fired. He was fired because his teams went 8 and 8 and 4 and 12. The Steelers haven't reached that point yet. I wouldn't call a player or two acting up as a team getting away.

22. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I guess I would simply argue, why wait,why wait for that to happen .
    That would be like closing the barn door after all The horses left,we’ve lost enough horses.
    It’s time !

23. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    There is a possible solution you may have missed.[sort of] Trade the head coach. There is
    precedent for this 5 coaches have been traded since 2000. At least you get something.

You may have noticed the Steelers have been getting more media coverage than ever
    this year but probably for all the wrong reasons.

How about turning all this negativity into something positive. Trade the head coach.

This would please the gazillion fans calling for his head, strengthen the roster with
    choice draft picks and/orplayers, solve the PR/PC situation for the front office and open the
    door for someone to take a fresh look at the situation here.

Tampa Bay [AZ] here I come ta ta ta ta started from ---:smiley1:

There are a bushel of openings out there surely someone ???

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    No one knows when consistently losing will happen.

25. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    The Chief is doing back flips in his grave.