1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok. AB has really got to grow up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I think they all need to grow up and start acting like adults and professionals.

All of this talk about trading him is ridiculous when we don't know all of the facts yet. What he did before the game ( the lack of work and communication ) was unacceptable but Tomlin makes the big bucks because he's supposed to handle these things.

This is going to be a very interesting off season.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Your Ron Cook like personality gets exhausting

3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    AB was just the first unmasked singer on Masked Singer!

4. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Oh my fault...Last I checked I could care less

5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Sounds like your about to make a big poopy in those pants lol.. Does someone need to make poopy?

6. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    This is the second time ab has said he wants traded in a few months, I don’t know about you but I’m a fan of the Steelers not any one player. He’s the one turning on the organization and fan base. He can go throw himself off a balcony. Ben can find a new receiver to make elite next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This

8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I miss the AB that was 6th rd draft pick who listened and learned his craft from the veterans still on the team like Hines Ward. A humble thank's for drafting me I ll work my ass off to prove everyone wrong. For a few years he was said to be the first guy at practice and the last guy to leave and the hardest working player on the team.
    Then he got the fame and money he worked so hard for. Soon after the DIVA routine started, pulling up to spring training in a pimped out Rolls ( although I liked the black and gold trim) throwing temper tantrums like a spoiled child because JU JU got 8 touches and he only got 5 , didn't matter or seem as if he cared whether we won or not.

Seems like something is going on in his life, hard to believe its petty jealousy about who gets more balls.

Of course I could be totally wrong.

Someone once said "Some people are born Aholes and some are self taught Aholes."

It's hard to imagine Tomlin suddenly growing a pair to rein in AB and Ben and all the other BS surrounding this team.

It's just as hard to imagine AB becoming a selfless team player now that he has gone full DIVA spoiled child mode.

Most of these guys should ask themselves every freakin day where would I be if football hadn't worked out.

They all need a reality check, you are paid many millions of dollars to throw and catch a football.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We know enough and this isn't AB's first time lashing out. If you listened to the presser today, getting rid of AB is a real possibility. Personally, I think it's a forgone conclusion. You don't blow off your coach and especially the owner when they try to reach you.

I'd be excited to see what they could get for him in return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The problem is his price for a great player and the Ahole attitude that goes with that talent.

AB and Bell both turned into selfish AHOLES and we might see if that has any effect on their value.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m not gonna lie, this sh*t is depressing. All of it. Bell, Harrison, brown and Ben.

So many memories and what could’ve been

13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You see, this is how things get blown out of proportion. First, it was "another player" that AB had a tiff with. Then it was Ben, standing on the sidelines, telling AB to run the route a different way. Now, it's Ben threw a fit.

Tomorrow, it will be Ben slammed his helmet to the ground, rushed the field and speared AB.

18. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    The truth hurts. When someone calls you to the carpet it rattles you, and it obviously rattled AB. It’s just disappointing to see what’s going on with the whole franchise.

Sucks we go from looking like a top seed contender to a laughing stock. One of the other guys said it best “we’re turning into the Cowboys”. When it comes to headlines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem is everyone thinks they have a "Brand" to promote now.

He's not Michael Jordan or Lebron James. He's not going to make more money in his off-field activities than he does playing football.

We saw the same thing with Bell. He thinks he has a brand...When they're done paying football, they're done period. Football players don't have that same earning potential after retiring.

20. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    How do you repair this? How can you let him back in the locker room after a stunt like this? I wouldn't want to be in Tomlin's shoes. Because this will define next season and we are not even in OTAs yet. Hell, we haven't made it to the Super Bowl. And please don't let Leveon Bell issues come up this offseason. Because they can. :facepalm:

21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

b/ never ever have I defended AB. My daughter loves him but I see through his prima donna and me first tendancies. he aint foolin me. He is trouble. I see you AB

22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless Ben's native, he better not be spearing. Use a damn rod and reel like every other white man.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Why hasnt eli Rodgers produced yet. He had an opportunity in 2016 to be a starting wr and he did what? And this was the 2nd time ab asked to be traded. I dont agree with his actions I think what he's particularly doing is all wrong but people like they have done all his career is giving ben nothing. Do you think had ab been in NE his entire career and been playing with tom and bill he would act like this? Ochocinco someone he looked up to growing up and with all his antics he was a MODEL CITIZEN in ne. I couldn't even recognize him. Both ben and Tomlin hold a lot of culpability in this. The organization as well. Ab saw early on what he could get away with.

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We do know a lot of facts though. We don't know exactly what happened that Wednesday, but we don't really need to. We know AB left and chose not to show up for any more practices, walk throughs or his MRI. He ignored all phone calls from other players, coaches and ownership at various points. On Sunday, he had his agent call Tomlin to let him know he'd be playing. Once he was informed he wouldn't be playing, he left halfway through the game on Sunday and has had no contact with the team since. He skipped the exit meetings.

He stopped following the Steelers on social media. He has apparently requested a trade, although if he hasn't, he has chosen not to refute those rumours. Rather than talk to anyone on the team, he posts a short video with JH, a guy who is known to hate Tomlin, and promises a big, exclusive video is coming soon.

At this point I don't even care what happened on Wednesday. It's irrelevant. If AB was anything but an NFL player he would have been fired by now. There's also no shortage of incidents that have occurred in the past. This is not AB's first rodeo.

It's time for him to go. It's not as if we made the playoffs with him anyway, so why not take a risk and see if we can improve the team by trading him.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2