1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok. AB has really got to grow up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I think we can throw the Ben being a leader crap out the window because he isn't one.. He's partly the instigator in everything with his snarky little shots he throws at ppl.. He'd make a good desperate house wife.. But ab isn't growing up anytime soon the dude is 31 not 21. This is who he is.. A classic me first prima Dana pile of feces.. I'd like to hear from former teammates of his at central Michigan to see if he was like this then too

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well when your a superstar athlete you get away with a lot of stuff, even the local cops will sweep some stuff under the rug for ya. And money can buy your way out trouble too. Ben knows that equally as well.

Ultimately AB gets compensated for winning games and when he doesn’t show up he is affecting the bottom line. Teams forgive a lot of stuff as long as you help them Win.

@Smitch89 hey you won’t get an argument from me. Ben isn’t a great leader. One change I think Steelers can do immediately that will be a positive change is cancel Ben’s radio show so he doesn’t throw anyone else under the bus as frequently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not personal for Clark, he's just saying what type of person AB is. He's not wrong. He had him pegged way back when AB was a rookie.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    And so do the fans, who are often far less forgiving than teams

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Also AB driving 100mph and getting stopped by the police, potentially harming himself or others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

And as long he showed up on Sunday, not a peep about it from fandom. Just another aspect of his colorful personality.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why? He hasn't been on this team for years. How is he more an expert on this team than, say, the Chiefs? Everyone's got an opinion. As I said, I think he's right.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. Ben needs to smarten up, but he won't. He's an egomaniac who somehow thinks he's better than others on the team. If Tomlin had any common sense, he would tell Ben he's no longer allowed to do that radio show. I'm so tired of the drama on this team and Ben is a big part of the problem

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Okay, Now I get it. I didn't know there was animosity between them

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Again, who said he's an expert? That's the second time you've said that now. Nobody is saying he's an expert, but former players are always given an avenue to share their opinions. They earned it through their play.

Ryan Clark had issues with AB since day 1. He's sharing those feelings, nothing more

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm calling him an "expert" because his is the only one I've seen being talked about

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Somethings been troubling AB all year. Probably not football related but has carried over on to the team imo. Speculating here.

13. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea nothing good comes from that radio show.. It's like a time for him to vent and talk s*** about ppl.. Ben just isn't a likeable guy whatsoever. If he played anywhere else we would hate him just like everybody else does.. But he gave us 2 super bowls and is the best QB in franchise history so we just gotta appreciate him for that but also just deal with him for what he is unfortunately

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Whatever happened with his fast and furious midnight slurpee run? Slap on the wrist and time served?

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes, these wildcard games are boring as ****. We aren't even in the playoffs and they found a way to milk attention to the league out of us. Steelers fans should really stick it to the league and boycott the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I never said it should put him in jail nor would it ever have done that anyways because of the money he can pay to wash it all away. IMHO it's not far fetched to see that this idiot may end up there due to his stupid antics. I always thought he was a better person then the one he has been portraying lately. Now he want to throw the race card into it. This dude is getting out of touch with reality real quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

You been boycotting everything NFL since last season. :rolleyes: If I ever own a business I'll be sure to upset you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I wish you would boycott this site

• Like Like x 1
  20. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Smith-Shuster, Washington, Rogers starting to make music... AB was hearing those guys footsteps and was seeing how that group was slowly stealing his spotlight... a quiet AB-less locker room is starting to feel like the right move imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm down in Baltimore, and Ray Lewis had a radio show for maybe 2 years, and bascially he used it to vent on Brian Billick, and Billick eventually got axed. Harbaugh comes in an put an end to all the radio shows. Now Billick deserved to get fired, but I guess what I'm saying is nothing good can come from those player radio shows.

Especially when it is a high profile player on the team... it just causes uneeded drama.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Like reality shows. Your not gonna put 8 drunken 21 year olds together in a house and not expect stupidity. Like Ben your not gonna give him that platform of having his own radio show and not expect him to be an a hole

23. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Look, Brown could have been and is obviously pissed as hell. That though in and of itself is NO reason to blow off his team and HIS responsibility as a "professional" to buck up, shut up and just play. Many of us have problems with management and with co workers yet we still go to work.

After the game he could of stated his displeasure, but he had, and has a responsibility to the other members of the team.

He was not hurt. The team was not asking him to play hurt. This was purely an ego thing because Ju Ju was voted as MVP. His feelings were hurt. That does not give him the right to just blow off his responsibility to the team.

This is NOT and I repeat, NOT a race issue. Folks in the media just love to move it in that direction but I'm sure they are having a hard time doing it seeing that the Rooney's have always been in the forefront of race issues in the league and not to mention they have a long standing black HC. So, try they might, it just doesn't float in my book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I've got to be honest, I love this idea. And this is the type of change I want to see in Tomlin and upper management. They need to make some drastic changes and go for it all now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    We get it dude...You don't like Ben..It's a bit exhausting..