1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Completely Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    What a mess. First the whole Bell situation, and players dissing him on tv. Then Ben and his radio show, and throwing players under the bus. The flair ups with AB a couple times this year including this last one. Now he’s asking for a trade again. Tomlin just letting players do whatever they want. The monumental collapse of the season starting in Denver.

This is the most reckless team I’ve seen in a very long time. I mean it seems everyone is at each other. I also didn’t say anything about the front office and their incompetence.

What do we do to correct this mess? Trade AB? Fire Tomlin? Fire Butler and Tomlin? Fire Colbert? There’s so many things that need to change and I’ll bet nothing changes. If it does it’ll be a band-aid. I know all of these topics have been talked about at length, but it’s a a breaking point now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The Steelers are turning into the cowboys.. Just in the headlines for all the wrong reasons

3. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It’s really to the point of no return. Steelers need to move on and become a “ team” again. For a franchise that likes to symbolize Stability, it’s as unstable as it’s ever been. If the cap net hit really is only 6 million, The Rooney’s have to take out team back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    All I can think now is what the hell is next? Art is letting his brand fall apart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm to the point of just blowing up the franchise.. Like putting the franchise in an isolated location and just dropping a nuke on it lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Art is part of the problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    The only good thing about this whole thing is that the sports media is finally calling out Tomlin. Thanks to AB going off the deep end people are finally being forced to criticize the culture that Tomlin has created.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Good point.

The bad thing is that now it gets quiet, no more weekly pressers, no more weekly chances to show that MT has no control. Things will go unnoticed, and someone (not MT) will be made the sacrificial lamb for the team's shortcomings. And we'll be back here in July lamenting the same issues that we have now. Perhaps without a huge piece of our offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I doubt things will be too quiet. This stuff should be the straw that breaks the camels back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    This has been easy to see coming but ownership has refused to address it. It will not improve until major changes are made.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You have more faith in this system than I do, brother.

[​IMG]

12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’m not saying they actually fix anything but I think everyone has had enough of the entire situation surrounding the Steelers.

13. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    That’s a very good comparison. The Cowboys rarely win and have a ton of drama. One thing is we do have nice regular seasons. I guess the Cowboys do to.

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Trade one of the best players in the league if they want, but nothing is gona change till Tomlin is gone..

Hireing Tomlin was A HUGE mistake and the Rooneys are afraid to correct it:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The Biggest part! He OWNS the team!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    The Rooney's with there idiotic rule.. U look at Tomlin's coaching resume before being hired he had no business getting this job.. He didn't earn a head coaching job anywhere let alone the head coaching job of the most storied franchise in football at the time

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It has become obvious to me anyway. Bell and brown might have always been a problem. Maybe remove all the drama and it fixes itself. I have never seen a team win a super bowl because of a wideout. Sure he is a special on the field but no way has been a good teammate. This proves it

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I was listening to mad dog sports just now and the two guys were talking about Tomlin. One asked the other if Tomlin was a top 10 coach in the league and he said yes but that he wasn't the coach for the Steelers any longer. He used Andy Reid as an example of a good coach that needed to move on. I just think the team got away from Tomlin and he's not the guy to bring it back. Munchak might be able to. He didn't make it as a head coach but he also didn't have the players the Steelers have. Nothing will be done by the Steelers beyond maybe Butler. I would at LEAST like to see Butler go and the special teams coach. Keep Munchak at all costs

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Noll nor Cowher had a great resume. I'm not on board with Cowher being a great coach either but you can't argue with Noll. Just saying the resume isn't always the issue. YOu can say what you want about who's players they were but he won a super bowl and got us back to another one. It's time for him to go based on the results. He might kill it somewhere else like Reid with KC but he's not the guy at this point for the Steelers

21. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Andy Reid is an excellent comparison. Sometimes a coach and team just don't mesh together anymore. A change is necessary for both parties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea kill it as in kill the team and franchise like he's done here

23. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    he had the help of the front office as well. HOrrible picks like Edmunds, Jones, Dupree, Burns, I mean you can't come back from those picks overnight. Edmunds was a horrible reach yet the Steelers somehow picked him. Tomlin didn't kill this team. Not at first. But it's time for him to go.

24. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    What's so idiotic about the rule? I'm curious. The rule simply requires a team to interview a member of a minority group, not to give them special preferences just because of that status. If I remember correctly, Ron Rivera was also under consideration at the time. Where would we be if we had Rivera instead? What exactly has he done in Carolina? Mr. Dan Rooney saw something in Tomlin the person, not Tomlin the minority coach. Maybe it's time to move on, but at least we got a super bowl out of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Because why do u have to interview 1 minority coach.. I don't care if the guy is black white or orange if he can coach then I want him.. Plus most teams all they were doing was interviewing a minority coach just to appease the rule with no intentions on even hiring the guy.. Kinda counter productive in my opinion