1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tomlin is to blame though because he coddled ab throught this time because he was arguably at one point the best player in the league that wasnt a qb. Tolerance is always high with production.. AB still at this point is highly productive but I dont see this situation getting any better especially since he's at odds with the guy who determines if he gets the ball or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know the context. It seems to me that "I hate the rats" might be a reference to the Ravens. Are you sure he was referring to someone speaking to the media about AB's behavior? Again, I don't know the context. Just askin'...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    After reading this thread and the others on here.....all I can say is........this team is a hot mess!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Question. I know we ain't trading him. It will kill the cap from all I have read. Is the NFL like baseball? Can another team absorb the money?

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben needs AB just as much as AB needs Ben. Unless you are going to replace AB with someone that caliber( you're not). We've seen how pedestrian this O is without AB on multiple occasions . It's not good. Plus Ben said there's no problem.....so what's the problem?;)

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Hope he doesn't start carrying a loaded pistol in his sweat pants!

7. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I bought tj last yr at a game. His bros a stud, other bro plays in nfl, and seems like his head is on straight. Considering juju as well and def for my kids. They love juju. They have polamalu and miller now. Cant spring to spend full price on current players.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s not THAT bad. A net benefit of $1 million for cap space before accounting for whoever replaces him on the roster. Depending on what we get in return, it could be worth doing.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree AB is hard to recognize as a problem compared to everything else going on with this team, but he's a distraction for sure.
    As far as leadership, it starts at the top which I assume is Rooney2. If he wants things to change, he needs to make changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I for one do not think you just replace guys with elite level talent over night like an AB, leveon, or anyone of that caliber. But a lot of fans let their personal disdain for a guy cloud their judgment for how truly great that particular player was. If AB is gone he will be missed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers absorb a 22 million cap hit if traded before June 1st, his new team would be on the hook for 15 million in 2019.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    A team a player or 2 away from a ring may eat that. Hell we may see the colts with leveon and ab. They have a massive amount of cap space and they could definitely use another receiver although I believe they can throw anyone out there with luck.

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

AB is unprofessional as hell. The guy throws temper tandrums at will when his overblown ego is not stroked. His behavior this year has been a joke.

It's times like this where I just wish someone would tell him to shut the hell up or get the F out.

I like talented players, but if they are being an ass then show them the door.

What a man child. I'd rather root for people I like.

Trade his ass IMO. No one should be too good for correction.

The sad thing no one is underappreciating him, but you better be damn sure I'm disrespecting his ass right now. << he probably doesn't even have the maturity to handle this comment like an adult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    His 2019 cap number is $22.165 million if we keep him, and $21.12 million if he’s traded pre-June 1. Per both overthecap.com and spotrac.com.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As great as AB is and I have been in his corner since he burst on the scene,
    We have to get rid of him, Terrel Owens anyone?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    In other words AB isn't going anywhere.

17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'd rather root for players that I like than cater to the overblown ego of football players.

Take ABs money and give it to Ju Ju, someone who has some class. IMO

18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    True but I still don't have to like the idiot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I remember posting on here last season where I said how long would it be before AB got jealous of JuJu getting all that hype, not sure if that played a part in some of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has because he is as good or better than AB.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cap is going up, so $21M in dead money isn't as bad as it sounds as it's not as much of an overall % of the total cap. Plus they'll have $14.5M extra in space from Bell, so it's effectively only a $7M hit. It sucks that they'd have to use Bells cap space this way, but it's worth it.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    JuJu struggled as the #1 WR against the Bengals, JuJu is good because AB draws most of the coverage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I wouldn’t say that’s a given. There are plenty of situations where teams would take a big negative hit for letting a player go. For example, there’s another thread about Malcolm Butler. If the Titans keep him, he counts for $13.1 million against the 2019 cap, while he accounts for $18.5 million if they trade him. That’s a situation where a player isn’t going anywhere.

AB is probably not going anywhere, but trading him doesn’t us into some kind of cap hell. It hurts, but it doesn’t make it impossible to manage the roster.
    I don’t think so. AB gets the attention of the defense, and JuJu benefits. JuJu is an excellent player, but he doesn’t force the same type of attention that AB does. Just look at how tough it was for our receivers to get open Sunday.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It definitely played a part and this has been brewing for quite a while. If you think about it . It started when AB commented to that guy that I believe was formerly part of the team. The guy said AB shoukd thank Ben for getting paid and AB said trade me and find out. I believe that started a little rift between AB and Ben because they are both passive agressive primma donnas. Then Ben made the comment about wanting to throw the ball to JUJU all 4 times during a RZ opportunity and at the same time I believe Ben criticized ABs route on the INT against Denver(same game). JUJU being named MVP definitely struck a nerve too. Honestly I think the boiling point is when supposedly Ben wanted AB to re run a route in the dust up on Wednesday. Not that AB was right but I'm sorry if someone is critiquing me to do something a certain way and he's not even participating or trying himself. I'm losing my **** too. This is why I get pissed when Ben goes on his radio show and pretends to act like a leader by calling guys out using his passive aggressive BS method of supposed leadership. I don't know how many times I need to say it AB was wrong and acts like a jerk quite frequently but his QB doesn't do anyone any favors by talking too much. Drama King and Queen...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.