1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC North Prediction For Next Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    2-0 against the Colts and chargers for an 11-5 record

That of course would be a huge negative if say it came to that tiebrk with say the Ravens at 11-5. They would have played KC and Hou the div winners and might have lost both or split and would then win the tiebrk.

The two steeler wins would not count [ not a common opp ] so 9-5 vs bal 10-4 if they split would get it.

Wish I had thought of this several years ago when they put that crap ahead of the conf. record and I argued conf. record should stay ahead.

The common opponent thing actually would have come into play this year if Ind -Ten ended in a tie. Then I would have liked the rule,:smiley1: but in an inter div tiebrk it came after conf. record which is how it should be.

Kind of technical yeah, but just getting a headstart of what could happen next year:smiley1:

What is hilarious about this is when this was mentioned in a thread here, I goggled it up and nearly flipped out when one of the hits brought up the freaking thread this was battled out on years ago. One of those many page go-arounds. Too bad then I could not come up with the simple explanation I used now. 2 measly lines.:smiley1:

2. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    There are a few who think Ben just might retire. Then

Bal 10-6
    Cle 10-6
    Pit 7-8-1 breaking Tomlin's streak
    Cin 6-10

Would have been nice to get a glimpse of Rudolph this year

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How about we wait until after the draft and free agency, to predict who will win the AFCN :shrug:.