1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I was right....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HeinzMustard, Dec 31, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It makes so much more sense to dream up excuses and ignore the actual reasons we lost games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    We traded national anthem drama for special teams penalties

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Shucks he's gonna be a handful :lolol:

Butler 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Regular season, I presume? The goal is Lombardi trophies, not participation trophies with oreos and juice boxes after the game. Tomlin can't finish. We need a leader and a closer not a community organizer. Your argument holds no water.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Tomlin is the juice box guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    For anyone to say maybe lesser competition was better then they are when we lose then they get there @ss handed to them the following week by another team really makes no sense.

Please, Please bring something more and justify why no fault is placed on Tomlin?

12 years and really the ship has been taking on water for some time. Sometimes you just need a fresh approach and not the same tape loop playing over and over. But some like to settle. Some are afraid of change.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i understand the concept of the best prepared but the best prepared has to also perform. butler has always put too much credence into guys knowing the assignment over physical ability to perform that assignment. :cool:

8. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I figured 10-6, 11-5 season at best. The 3 game losing streak should have been wins. The tie should have been a win. 13-3 was right there and home field throughout. Lot of people to blame for this. Rooneys need to figure out how to tighten this up or we’ll see the same results until Ben retires. Then it’ll really get bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Based on the prediction thread, I recall Heinz being one of the top dogs.

Maybe he's right.

I need to be more pessimistic and half glass empty with the Steelers

:bungalssuck: << couldn't find a Steelers Suck emoji to fulfill my day and make it complete.

But I did find

:goodellsucks:

Now I can rest

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Love these threads... “See, I told you we suck!!” Look how smart I am!

I guess this is how some people cope with disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Give that man a big prize. Can you help me out and PM me the winning power ball numbers for the next drawning?

• Like Like x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    This comment sounds like more a diversion to get peoples eyes off how bad Tomlin really sucks as the HC. To me, the thread just seems pragmatic and realistic. I would rather someone didnt piss down my back and tell me it's raining. Or polish the turd and tell me it's no longer a turd. Or put lipstick on a pig and try to convince me it's not a pig.

Or maybe you dont like it because you can't stand when someone else is right and you're wrong. Maybe it is just insecurity. I, for one appreciate the thread and the prediction because I'm tired of Tomlin and his minions being satisfied with mediocrity and not making the changes that a champion should.

Or maybe your comment is just how you cope with disappointment .

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Okay then OP give me this week's lottery numbers :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I’ve been pretty vocal about wanting Tomlin fired recently. I certainly am not trying to “divert” anyone from seeing how bad Tomlin is... he’s done a fine enough job showing everyone all by himself. I don’t see how mocking a thread where the OP is stroking himself for “being right” has anything to do with my opinions of our head coach?

I’m glad you can appreciate someone’s thread that agrees with everything you think. That takes guts man.

I could care less about someone being “right” about something. Who cares if someone’s meaningless guess on something comes true lol I played a professional sport for 4 years. I don’t get into predictions or trying to be “right” about anything because thats not how professional sports work. You can bust your butt the same way for two separate years and have them turn out drastically different. I unfortunately know that first hand.

I don’t get insecure or disappointed about grown men playing a game. I was a grown man playing a game for a while, and that was good enough for me. I just do this because it’s fun. I enjoy the sport, the rivalries, the fans, the trash talk, etc. I’m only on the message board to have fun arguing with strangers about crap that doesn’t matter lol But yeah, whatever man. I’m a diversion creating, insecure, content with mediocrity clown who enjoys pissing on your back and telling you it’s raining lol good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Calls out OP for "stroking himself" and then proceeds to stroke himself. I played professional blah blah blah.... whatever bro, sure you did. Go sit down and shut up.

16. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Sit down and shut up? Man, you really showed me! Hahah

Was just offering context as to why I thought the OP was ridiculous instead of just calling it ridiculous for no reason, but whatever. The ignore feature exists to rid yourself of having to deal with miserable losers. Looks like I’ll be taking advantage.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Well, bye.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Well... I was right. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I kind of disagree. I think if in the playoffs they would play their best ball. Eventually they would of lost before the super bowl but this teams usually rises to the occasion. How else do you explain beating Patriots, running toe to toe with the Saints and the Chiefs and then losing to the raiders, struggling against the bengals, Browns and jags.

20. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Or getting manhandled (for a 2nd time in the same season) by the Jags, or getting pummeled by the Pats, or squeaking by the Bengals (no thanks to anyone except them for melting down in the closing moments of that game).

As much as I'd like to think they could have made some noise this post season, there is little, recent evidence to show that this year would have resulted in anything other than 1-and-done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    This. All 6 AFC teams who made the playoffs are better than the Steelers. We were spared another quick postseason exit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    If some horrendous ref calls against the Steelers are not made, or if Boswell has an average season instead of enduring a poor season with an injury, the Steelers get the extra win or two that you predicted.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree. Thats why this one stings for me so much. There was no obvious dominant team in their path. They beat NE and should have beaten N.O. They could have beaten anyone. They also could have been 1 and done but I would have liked to find out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I disagree. Patriots destroyed Jets and Steelers barely beat the Bengals, with Bengals playing backups at all of the skill positions on offense. Had Steelers beaten the Saints at NO, then yeah, I would agree. No way do the Steelers beat the Patriots at New England. I'm glad there's finally some teams that could beat the Patriots at Foxborough... Steelers are not one of them. Steelers in current state would lose to Colts, Chargers, Ravens and Texans.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Meh, NE isn't what they were and they were a stupid fake punt away from beating NO.