1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Rothlisburger...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Sorry to bring up old wounds but his disappearance in the Oakland 2nd half is very troubling. The play in which he received a rib injury, did he not return the next series with no problem?? Then he left early before the half, didn't return until the final minutes of the 4th quarter ...didn't seem like he had a problem then ...so I'm like wtf G, did you not wanna win that game?? He play the entire game & Oakland don't have a chance in hell. Our backup QB was as worthless as any backup QB in Pittsburgh history...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think it was fairly widely reported that holding him out was Tomlin’s call.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    :beathorse:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Are we complaining about Ben? Maybe spell his name correctly?

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly, Rush. Terrible job all around on the first post. That was on Tomlin, not Roethlisberger.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    2011ish Tomlin almost got Ben killed in San Francisco. He makes an adjustment for player safety and people are mad. The real problem is Dobbs didn’t meet the standard.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The real problem is ,we couldn’t even beat Oakland without Ben
    Bengals just whooped up on with Driskel
    Say that out loud and try not to laugh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Watch as you can, you may not see Ben in a Steeler uniform after
    next season. If so, it better be team friendly or you will have another Eli Manning on your hands.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Had nothing to do with player safety. Ben was ready to go back in. Tomlin chose to leave the pre season wonder in because of the flow of the game. This is what Tomlin said. As he saw this was backfiring Ben was put back in, to little to late. Another great decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    IDK but didn't we lose the game after Ben came back in to get us the lead????? I don't remember Dobbs playing on the defensive side of the ball. People can blame who they want but for me it was the defense at the end of the game giving up 2 monster drives. OMG we should be able to beat the Raiders without Ben and as much as I hate saying it but when you look at what we had coming up I almost side with what Tomlin did......almost! Come on guys that was the Raiders....the low life Raiders with what this team has on the field any of us should be able to go in there and QB the team and beat them.....well maybe that was a stretch but you know what I mean...lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's funny how Dobbs went from hero to zero... in the time span from the Ravens game to Raiders game. If it wasn't for Dobbs, Steelers would have NO chance of a playoff berth. Steelers would have been swept by the Ravens. That one play from Steelers own end zone with Dobbs in at QB won the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not taking anything away from Dobbs. It was a clutch play in a crucial situation, but it was just one pass. Saying he won us that game is a bit of a stretch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Tomlin worried about Ben's safety?? Are we a bunch of snowflakes or do we wanna win?? Bottom line is we do not deserve to be in the playoffs because we can't beat the powerful Raiders & lost a 2+ game division lead late in the season. Having to crawl on our knees, beg, & rely on the mighty Cleveland Browns is embarrassing. We choked, Ravens will take care of their business...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    15th year as our Steelers QB.
    6th in all time NFL passing yards.
    7th in all time NFL passing TDs.
    3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 victories.

One Mr. Ben “Rothlisburger.”

Sigh.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A lower body injury that causes a scrambling QB (which Ben was back then) to be immobile is not the same as a rib injury to a guy that mostly stands in the pocket and throws darts. Ben said he was fine to go back in. At that point, there was no reason not to put him back in. Clearly he was medically cleared as well or he would have never entered the game.

Dobbs didn't meet the standard because he's a backup QB that gets no reps. If he was able to do what Ben does, he wouldn't be a backup, he'd be starting for another team by now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That damn last name has always given me trouble which is why he is always just Ben to me.

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Dobbs didn't meet the standard because he's a backup QB that gets no reps. If he was able to do what Ben does, he wouldn't be a backup, he'd be starting for another team by now.

I agree which is why Nick Foles confuses the hell out of me. Guy wins all the playoff games and Super Bowl, still a back-up. Now he comes on again and has done an amazing job and if the Bears beat the Vikings will be back in the playoffs again. Eagles will smoke the Redskins Sunday.

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Manning has never been as good as Roethlisberger. He has always needed fantastic pass protection to produce and the Giants' offensive line has been absolutely horrible the last few years.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All I am pointing out is that you will be getting a negative investment, like the Giants are now under Manning.

Let Ben play out his contract next year and then if he wants to continue playing,offer him a one year contract at Steeler friendly terms.
    If he says F You, you let him walk like Franco, Rod Woodson, Big Red, Joe Porter.

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I fully expect to see Ben and the Steelers agree on an extension also bringing his cap number down and trying to go all in next year

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Your serious? Based on what? Starter? :lolol: Let him go to another team and lets see if he starts.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben threw the ball way too damn much lol