1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Browns do beat the Ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Roonatic, Dec 24, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is what I am worried about. I am really not sure why everyone is so certain we beat the Bengals. Nothing is a given with this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not certain at all, but the bigger stretch is the Browns beating the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd root for the devil himself if it gets us in:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The Bengals have 15 players on IR. If the Steelers can't beat the Bungles with a do or die playoff scenario on the line then Tomlin must be fired before he even leaves the parking lot. I believe that may even be relayed to him before kick off and may already have been. There is too much of a collapse going from 6-2-1 to 8-7-1 while missing the playoffs. That is the only scenario where I see Tomlin becoming unemployed come New Years Eve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree the Rabens are limited offensively. Unless they can run the ball all over Cleveland it will be a competitive game.

6. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Plus Ravens will play like the thugs they are and draw many flags 3 points wins it!!!

7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You mean to tell me they could screw up our new years to!!! :facepalm:

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe Williams will put a bounty on Lamars head. I kid I kid.

But seriously, Williams was a pretty good DC, hopefully he and his staff can come up with a way to contain Lamar because he sure isn't beating them through the air.

I have a feeling Browns will upset them.

And then we'll lose to the Bengals :crycry: :lolol:

9. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I am counting on the Breshard Perriman factor- high pick, never did anything with the Ravens, becoming a big playmaker for the Browns - and comes back to haunt his former team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The only reason I got the Brownies will win is it would be football justice. We played good enough, got cheated and deserve the playoffs. We would be by far the best team not in the playoffs.

In the big picture, we bungled the year by allowing a game against the mighty Saints to be meaningful. If we stomp down on all the weak teams we had on the schedule, we would be in the playoffs.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    With decades of Sadness in Cleveland and few decent games this year after an 0-16 season last year, I put no faith or trust in them for anything at anytime. However, at this point I am desperate so GO STAINS>

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The forum police must be living it up in a Dunkin Donuts somewhere...

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think exactly the opposite - the Browns need to jump out to an early lead, and the Ravens will self-destruct. Keep it close, and you are tempting fate with that opportunistic D of theirs.

14. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Look, anything is possible. I could discover a gold mine in my back yard too. Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

The Ravens have looked like a playoff team. Their defense has been playing lights out and I see nothing that would make me even wanna believe that the Browns will put up any type of effort.

Their season has already been a success. Beating the Ravens will not make it that much better. The thing with the Browns is to just play a bit and not get hurt. They are building on next year. So, with no real motivation since they already have had a great season for them, I see them only showing up.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Williams is making a case to be a head coach, for the Browns or for somebody else.

The Browns have a shot at a winning record. That's a huge step forward.

I guess it's possible they sit people, but if the starters play, I think the Ravens will get their best shot just as the Bengals gave them their best shot in the final game last season.

16. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    While I don't think they are going to, I think you're incorrect that the Browns have no motivation to win this game. They have *all* the motivation in the world - a winning record. Win this one, and that's a big FU to Hue. An F-Hue, if you will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It would be an incredibly sweet moment for Browns fans, too, if their team could be the one to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs. That would make for a great story.

18. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    This would not surprise me in the slightest.

19. Beltzhoover Kid

Beltzhoover Kid Active Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Ravens had tough time with Tampa at home. The game will be a dog fight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He wasn't the problem, they were constantly losing and in the cellar. He was the solution to keep the clowns there!

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The crows are winning with smash mouth football and a dominate defense. They are going to punish the clowns to win the division. I remember a certain team that used to play that style.

Jackson is winning games. He throws enough to keep defenses off guard. At this point I can't see the clowns winning. They will beat down Mayfield and then watch him meltdown. The clowns are a nice story so we can have some glimmer of hope (that and beating the bungles) but i'm sorry, the crows are a better team.

Anything can happen and you never know, but i'm not going to sit here and say they will beat the crows.

They have no one to blame from the top down on this lost season.

22. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Browns tied the steelers, played the saints tough in the dome, won in Denver, and they already beat the ravens. The Browns will not lay down at any point in this game, they will want a taste of winning going into next year. Huge game for the browns.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Raven's smell blood in the water, their fan base would
    like nothing more than to knock out Steelers. Ravens by 10.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    They suck, the Browns will crush them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I thought Browns would beat Ravens, until Chargers lost to Ravens at home in LA. Ravens are the better team at this point, have the momentum, better D than Browns and are playing at home. Ravens will win by 2 scores and wrap up the AFC North.

• Disagree Disagree x 1