1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is an ass clown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 23, 2018.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If it wasn't a constant trend of underachievement I would agree with your relax recommendation. But how many times do you want to keep watching the same movie when you know how it ends?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Butler? But 1st---

There are dozens of duplicate threads on this topic , I saw this in
    one of them.

"This team was able to overcome TERRIBLE officiating.

Probably the BEST team in the NFL

A hostile crowd

But they couldn't over come their own"----[You know what's coming]

About the only thing I don't agree with in there is

"Probably the BEST team in the NFL"

After the 1st series in the 2nd half the Steelers took that
    game over completely. On both sides of the ball and especially the D.
    It's really sad that bad karma or some freaking thing else had
    to ruin this courageous effort. Dammit! Now--

Butler may very well be the best coach on the staff. Sure Munch is
    of course highly regarded and the O-line has been productive
    and of course the D line coach who has been here since Cowher
    day 1 is the best in the league and I don't doubt all the position coaches are very
    capable and knowlegeable.

Yet, there does seem to be something wrong but I can't put my
    finger on it. Although I have suspected since 2011 what so many
    are saying on this board and plenty others lately.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ridiculous call he made at that point, but then you give it away having Dangerfield going in motion. Like you said the D was holding their own at that point. There was 4:15 left and we had 2 time outs. And the 2 minute warning. Even if they drove the length and scored we would only be down 3 their still would have been time left if in so Coach Popcorn could handle the time outs properly :eek: Is this the Tomlin emoji for this board? It should be. Unacceptable making that call. He wanted to be aggressive. Well that dumb $hit just cost us a chance at the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Kevin James said:
    The defense has to feel pretty disrespected about right now. They had three stops in row and the lead and all the momentum and a defensive minded Coach would rather run it up the middle with a FB on 4th and 5 than punt it away and let his defense do their job and keep them out of the end zone. I don't complain when players lose games, but I'll be damned if a Coach starts losing games.

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe or maybe not. We will never know. Plenty of coaches have success and then fizzle. That hasn't happened with the Steelers with Tomlin as HC. The Steelers remained relevant with Tomlin as a HC.

You wanted to like the guy but couldn't?

How can a coach help a team win consistently with horrible game management, lack of discipline, ect ect ect? What teams don't have those "issues" at times?

If fans witnesses something consistently then it's fairly close to being a reality, right? Not much separates teams from a talent perspective around the league. Every team has the talent to beat any team in the league. The Steelers are not and never were far and away above the competition. Fans need to stop believing that. Hence the reason why the Steelers and other teams are in many close games and lose to the competition.

The team doesn't have anything to show for the number one picks they spent? I disagree but ok. That's an organization issue then. Tomlin isn't the only person responsible for drafts. Drafting talented players is a different art than coaching players. The only people that control every aspect of the organization are the ownership and the GM.

I think you are the guy that wrote it's ok for refs and players to make mistakes but don't believe that coaches should be allowed the same latitude? Head scratcher.

Another head scratcher. I'd love to see fans on this forum coach vs Tomlin. I suspect that the results would resemble the former show of pros vs joes. That show didn't work out so well for the joes.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  6. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Not every fans loves every aspect of this organization. Especially when those fans can single out one person for everything that goes wrong with the team.

When a fan at work stated that Ben should had retired and that everybody needed to be fired I thought he was out of his mind. Difficult to have a rational conversation with someone that lets emotion/disappointment cloud his thinking. That emotion thingy happens to a lot of fans and people in general in life.

Turnovers were the leading cause of this team's demise in recent playoff history. Turnovers were the reason for this team's demise this season. Turnovers are the reason this team probably won't make the playoffs this year. The ownership understands that. They understood that when select fans hated on Cowher. I believe they will recognize this team doesn't have a head coaching problem yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I laugh at this thread every time I see the title lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    He probably has a book in his desk filled with them cause he is not savy enough to come up with them on his own.

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And that's the rub - say Ben retires after next year after another mismanaged season, and MT is fired... and then we go into a nosedive, not because of MT leaving but because we no longer have that game changer in Ben (and potentially others suffering because we have no franchise QB to make those types of plays that he is capable of). Folks on here will be screaming "See? I told you it was a mistake to fire MT!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Why is it toxicity to point out the obvious?

Merry Christmas anyway. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Most likely

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The three previous Saints series were:

4 plays, -2 yards, punt
    3 plays, 8 yards, punt
    7 plays, 33 yards blocked FG

I had confidence in our defense.

13. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    A whopping 15.
    8 interceptions, 7 fumble recoveries.

All stats below the league averages.

14. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wrong, they throw it away.

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I am watching this show on FS1 called "Speak for Yourself" hosted by Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley. They also had Eric Dickerson and Tony Gonzalez on the panel. Whitlock went off on Tomlin. Said he is a good coach, but doesn't think he's the guy to fix what is wrong with the current Steelers team. Can't understand how a team with HoF talent on offense (Ben and AB) is probably watching the playoffs from their living rooms. Thinks Tomlin's situational coaching is terrible (tell us something we really don't know). Really went off about having lost ten challenges in a row. Freaked out about Nix and some other players signaling first down on the punt fake when it was evident to everyone else they they were well short. Says that episode was the latest example of how loose Tomlin is with discipline. For folks that have On Demand, check it out. Pretty compelling.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That's what he was doing, throwing it away, but into the ground. Your wrong, Ben was having one of his best games of year. Over 300 yards, 3 touchdowns. What is it that you don't get, because he purposely threw into the ground. If you watch as many games as I do you will see Rivers, Brady, and Rodgers do the same thing.

Enough of this stupid talk - Ben had one of his best games, period.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  17. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011

I'll tell you what I do get: That the two items in bold are not the same thing. And you know it. :lolol:

Ben did have a great game. It just wasn't as flawless as some are trying to make it out to be.

Agree to disagree.

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree to disagree, but you should know by now, I'm never wrong. lol

19. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I was calling for the punt, also. The fake caught me off guard. It caught the Saints defense off guard, as well. But it wasn't enough to get the 4-5 yards needed.

Then again, someone pointed out that Tomlin was betting on having some clock left to work with and confidence in Ben to get it done. His confidence was well placed. Unfortunately, JuJu fumbled.

Do you think the NFL has progressed to the point that, in a one-score game, it really comes down to which offense has the ball last with significant time?

Oddly enough, the last time the Steelers tried that, it didn't work. It was the pass where the receiver made a lateral to JuJu. The team got into position, but Boz slipped on the FG attempt. I think that was the game against the Raiders in Oakland.

20. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Funny that we are at this on Xmas eve. We should both have something better to be doing. :lolol:

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Your right, Merry Christmas:drinks:

22. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Merry Xmas! I hope you and yours enjoy the holidays! :drinks:

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Forgot, here to a Happy New Year :drinks:

and here to next years Steeler season :drinks:

24. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    You can’t throw it away if you’re still in the tackle box. :smiley1:

I’ve seen Brady do the same thing. Uncatchable by anyone, and stays clear of an intentional grounding flag.

25. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The defense didn't stop them when it was 3rd and 20. The defense didn't stop them from scoring on the last drive.