1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Referees are continually beating the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikey5513, Dec 23, 2018.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes, you're right. I actually didnt see the first PI call because I was at a function with my wife. I was referring to the call on Burnett, which is what I thought was being referenced in this thread. After looking at the replay, I agree the PI call against Haden was BS. My bad.

Steelers still lost and need a miracle to get a WC spot, which they don't deserve, IMO. The season is likely over after next week and it isn't all because of a sh!tty blown PI call today. Losing three winnable games against the AFC West sure as hell didnt help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That DPI on Haden on 4th down before the Saints last TD was a joke, the ref waited late to throw the flag such BS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No. You are wrong.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers don't have a chance at wildcard only if Tenn/Indy tie, their best chance is to win the division.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You are right - Thanks for the correction.

6. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Looking for the Brownies to inflict some pain and put a few Ravens on the bench!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I am with most everyone here. That PI against Haden in the endzone was pathetic. I don't know how that official will be able to sleep tonight knowing he screwed up that call. He should be fired for such a bad call, but he won't be. You make a mistake that egregious on your job and you are looking for a new line of work the next day.

8. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry but these Ref threads are beginning to rival the Bell threads. Talk about beating a dead horse?:beathorse::beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well according to post games comments from Mike Florio the Steelers seem to find away to blow it when it counts. That must be the perception of Steelers league wide. Until it's changed its gonna be more of the same!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terrible Towelie

Terrible Towelie Active Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I didn’t say anything about u not being a fan. Just pointing out that while everybody see stuff *along with all the experts* u see it differently. That’s fine. I obviously don’t understand the basic rules. Not being rude about it.

It wasn’t a judgement call it was a horribly missed call that gave the saints a touchdown. U have ur opinion and so do I.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Depends on how much he got paid!

12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Crybabies.

Whiners,

Snivelers.

This is the best team in the NFL, it just gets done wrong. really?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    We sound like the fuggin Seahawks fans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Chiefs/cheathawks game just now, Chiefs player stepped out of bounds, gets hit and ref picks up the flag claiming the player was still inbounds! How do they justify such blatant mistakes?

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

You don't get it, when the Seahawks got jobbed they were spoiled whiners, when Yinzers get jobbed it's the crime of the century

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Refs are screwing the Chiefs the same way they did us. No KY!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Those three loses are actually the reason; not today's loss. They should have beaten the Raiders and the Broncos, at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This isn't a conspiracy against certain teams. At least not that I can see. The officiating is just horrible, across the board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    247 Sports just ran an extensive article on today's officiating - someone pointed out - Jesse James last year, Joe Haden this year. Some calling for PI penalties to be reviewable. Makes sense since such a call can extend 50 yds downfield. Either use the college rules or allow reviews. No other penalty as critical and game-changing.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...lers-Saints-refs-loss-126812834/#126812834_11

• Like Like x 3
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Except that, I'm on the record saying that the NFL wants an all LA superbowl. KC loses, it leaves the door open for the Chokers!

21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I am sure it was posted and i havnt seen it, but why didnt Tomlin challenge the incomplete pass that should have been fumble recovery in the first half??

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Been saying the same thing for years and it's always discounted. It really needs to happen. The refs can't be controlling games with their ineptness

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Thank you for admitting the misunderstanding. I totally get your point there. The pass interference on Burnett was fine.

I agree that the Steelers should look first at themselves. The coaches made two huge mistakes today. Tomlin's decision to sit Roethlisberger most of the second half in Oakland was beyond awful. The players made an incredible number of unforced errors to lose those games against the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers.

That said, as I just posted elsewhere, the officials' incompetence was a huge factor in the losses to the Saints and Chargers. If they do their jobs properly in both games, I think the Steelers win at least one of them and go to the playoffs.

24. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you hurl the first insult by calling someone here a “pathetic homer” - Grow up man the call was bad.

25. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Yeah I agree I just watched the highlights of the game and Hayden got called twice for passing interference. The one in the end zone was just a joke, which set them up with first and goal on the one and gave them an easy touchdown. Then on fourth and two he gets called for another pass interference, which was nonsense, because the ball was tipped and they get a touchdown. Also Tomlin why in the hell did he have Steven Ridley and the game on third and two?