1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is an ass clown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 23, 2018.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Tomlin deserves blame for this dumpster fire of a season, but not all of it. Our HoF QB threw some horrible interceptions. The Conner and Grimble fumbles cost us the Denver game. Some piss poor officiating helped in today's loss and the one to the Bolts. How they couldn't run the ball against the Raiders, then ranked as 28th in the league against the run is baffling.

The two biggest things I will bust Tomlin's balls for are, #1, his defensive drafts suck and, #2, his refusal to sh!t can a defensive coaching staff that can't seem to get the best out of the average across the board talent that is there. Poor tackling techniques, bad angles to the ball carrier, spotty situational awareness, for example, Hogan's TD last week....is all on the defensive staff and by extension, the head coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This is life in the NFL these days. Teams are so evenly matched from a talent perspective. Fans may not like it but they better get used to it. The team had some things go against them this year that they were not good enough to over come. Turnover being the main enemy.

3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    When they were in that situation last year vs Patriots, I wanted him to go for it. If you fail, they have a short field, but then you have time if they do score. Tomlin said as much during his presser.

One could argue to have Ben give it a shot, but I like the call and they had 1:25 to tie it up or win it.

4. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Another misguided individual. It's like the week prior to the Patriots game when people were nailing Tomlin for not calling a timeout....as if THAT lost us the game.
    You realize that not making it on 4th down is not what lost this game for us right?
    You realize we had 2 critical turnovers right? You also realize that your QB who had an overall great game overthrew Ju Ju and McDonald in the endzone in the 1st half right?
    That we gave up a 3rd and 20 and that we allowed the Saints to drive down the field rather easily before the 1st half to score a FG. But according to some its ALL Tomlins fault.....typical!

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Did anyone hear Tomlins Presser after the game? we accept that we accept this tip our hats to them, I'ts just the same old **** spewing from his mouth all the time..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Typical Tomlin apologist logic to look at a single facet of a single game to make the case on why the team's failure isn't the coach's fault. I might agree if it was an exception or a fringe example. But this crap has been happening for literally every season for the past 10+years. At some point you have to hold the HC accountable for the team not being prepared and not being disciplined enough to execute.

BTW, what team do your friends root for who would love to have MT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    These Steelers might be the best offense talented team that may not make the playoffs, such a wast and just a shame.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    If you know the Steelers organization, you know Tomlin isn't going anywhere. But, his defensive staff needs to be gone, and he needs to get some fresh, young perspective in the organization that can evaluate talent to address specific needs. Coaches that can get the best out of what they have and teach technique and discipline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    That's the thing. As I wrote, he gave the team 3 chances to win the game instead of one chance.

People don't want to fault Juju but he is the one that ultimately loss the game. I swear something happens to people's minds. Disappointment clouds people's judgement. They let the emotion get in the way of proper thinking.

10. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    True but as I've said before I'm not sure if that's Tomlin's Decision to make. Steelers let Bruce Arians play out his contract as they did Haley, the question for me is when is Butlers Contract up?

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hey, somebody with some reason and common sense.

12. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah man and that’s the most disappointing thing about this year. We had it in the bag but that AFC West funk really killed us. Now we’ll get two AFC South teams in the playoffs...yawn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    When you lose, everything you do or did is wrong. That is just how it goes.

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    You really expected our Def to stop anything in the 4th qtr when we have a lead? Really?

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Lets hope Ben doesn't retire next season. If he does, we become the new Cleveland Browns.

16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Teams fire coaches all the time because it just wan't their year. Should we be different?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Nope. But when it was 3rd and 20 I was hoping they wouldn't give up a wide open 25 yard pass over the middle.. Silly me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I did a quick Google search, and couldn't find out about his contractual status. It's another organizational standard within the Steelers that they prefer to let their coaches walk after their contracts expire. But, I seem to remember Cowher going through assistants like I go through Diet Mountain Dew.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    This is on both Tomlin and Butler; more so Butler than anything.

Yes, Tomlin is responsible for the 4th and 2 call. That did not seem like confident playcalling to me. It screamed arrogance of the highest caliber as Drew Brees is given excellent field position.

Reason why Butler obtains even more blame than Tomlin does is due to the aspect of him using the same, exact concept since January 22nd, 2017; linebackers on wide receivers. Why he believes Ryan Shazier is still out there is something I will never comprehend and nevermind elect not too.

After all the bravado both he and Tomlin gave about the versatility of Terrell Edmunds, one would expect that said draft choice be used in such situations. Very seldom was he used in any of the last four of five games in such a ; the ENTIRE season no less... which raises a very good question;

What type of defense does this team want to run?!?!?!

20. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Been was definitely not in a zone. He threw several passes right into the ground.

21. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You are right, Ben was dictating the game. The Saints could not stop him or the any WR. I will give the Steelers this much, they have a WR core that are studs. BUT Tomlin being Tomlin, he plays to lose and goes conservative. Steelers could have easily scored 2-3 more times if they had stuck with what was working. But as usual, as someone said, Tomlin thinks hes the smartest guy in the world and thinks he can fool the other teams.

As far as the challenge, geez hes has already lost every single one hes has thrown, what difference would one more make? It's not like he is a great clock manager anyways.

22. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Wrong, he threw the passes into the ground because they were screens and his receiver was covered and he didn't want to take a sack or throw an interception. Good QB's, do that all the time in that situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course it hurt the teams chances and why would you doubt they could stop Brees with a full field? They held them to 7 up until that point in the 2nd half. Defense was playing good and Tomlin put them at a disadvantage.

Why is it that only the players make mistakes but never the coach?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly. Part of Tomlins problem is he is too erratic in his decision making. He claimed he wanted to be aggressive on the fake punt. Where was his aggression on the 3rd and 2 hand off to Ridley. If he truly wanted to be aggressive he could of put the ball in his QBs hands both times. Ben was dealing and the D was coming off 3 consecutive stops against them. He claims not to live in his fears....until he does exactly that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Teams don't fire coaches that help organizations win consistently. I don't think it's time to replace Tomlin yet. I don't believe the organization believes it's time to replace Tomlin.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1