1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is an ass clown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 23, 2018.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tomlin didn’t want to give it back to Brees. I understand. I don’t like the fake punt run on a 4th and 5, it’s better run on 4th and 2 or maybe 3.

Anyway. Tomlin is going no where. He may have to make staff changes.

Biggest problem this season was turnover differential, making too many on offense, making absolutely zero on defense. They are lucky to get one a game. Sometimes there were zero a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fake punt was gutsy but stupid. Give Brees a short field is suicide.

Should have tried to pin them deep. Thats two games in three weeks that Tomlins bad decisions have probably cost them games.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It's comical how many people on this board hate Tomlin. I have friends of other teams that would take him in a heartbeat. We beat the Saints in every stat except for one - turnovers. If the Steelers don't fumble the ball in the second half they win the game. But of course, those turnovers are Tomlins fault right!? The Tomlin haters can be downright embarrassing!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    This is a team that makes too many mistakes at very bad times.

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why don't you try to understand the logic of the call instead of simply complaining about it?

The call almost worked.

There was a limited amount of time in the game. Steelers punt and have the Saints start at the 25 with about 4 minutes and 3 times out. Would you trust your defense to stop the Saints from driving down the field in 4 mins and essentially running out the clock?

In hindsight Tomlin make the right choice. There was enough time for the Steelers offense to drive down the field to at least tie the game. It's difficult for coaches to over come turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree manly because Ben was in a zone today and Jaleyn didn't seem to be running as hard today.

7. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers had an opportunity to at least tie the Saints game. The game was loss due to the turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They took the lead by throwing the ball, that play by Ridley had no chance, cut his ass.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes and bad play calling, too.

In a league with such close competition, your HC can't be hurting your chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The defense was doing their job they were shutting them down , the fake punt was the dumbest thing that he could've done. They'll never win another SB with that meathead there.

11. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I mostly like the sentiment here. However, I believe this team is better than some of the twelve teams that did make the playoffs. That's tough to deal with as fans and the Steelers seem to under perform with annoying regularity. They played well today, but where was this during the four games against the AFC West?

12. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    No offense intended to you, but I am sick of hearing that overused line "other teams would take him in a heartbeat". I say let them! I'd tell them to go ahead and take the idiot and when his ridiculous in-game coaching and poorly prepared teams start to happen to you, I don't want to hear a word of complaint.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't need to understand his reasoning, he made a call that cost this team the season. The saints scored 7 points in the second had at that point, your defense was dominating and he gambled and lost!I believe he made that choice because he knows if he misses the playoffs, his ass is in the hot seat! And it should be, that was a desperation call and it showed, he needs to be gone!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    It didn't hurt the teams chances. I doubt that the Steelers defense would had stop the Saints offense from scoring a TD regardless of the field position with 4 minutes and 3 time outs. The Saints would had drained the clock to the point where there was no chance for the Steelers offense.

If you think about it Tomlin gave the team 3 chances to win the game. One on special teams, defense, and offense. All the units failed to deliver.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Nix's premature celebration was cut short. Reminded me of the Bungles a few years back when we came back and beat them. STOP doing that $hit its embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012

I personally expect players to make mistakes and the refs to do what they usually do, I can live with that ( As a handicapper, I hate refs with a passion). But I can't accept constant bad decisions by a Head Coach, and one whom can't motivate his players against bad teams. His two most important jobs, and it's not like it's just one game or one season, it has been pretty consistent. There's not a doubt in my mind that the Steelers would have another ring if they had a better Coach. Don't worry though, I'm almost certain he will keep his job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A game they shouldn’t have needed to make the playoffs. Tie the Browns, lose to the Broncos and Raiders.... just another non losing year...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    No much can be said to an individual that refuses to understand another person's reasoning.

Oh and the turnovers cost the team a chance to win the game.

19. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I want to say Hack you are one of the folks on this board whom I enjoy hearing from as your comments make sense and for the most part a logical, I don't always agree but I can at least see your point of view.

The call was a great call because no one was expecting it AND we were up by more than 3. If we make it we can run the ball and make the Saints use their timeouts which at that time either win the game with a few 1st downs or punt and make Brees drive the length for a needed TD with no timeouts. It was ballsy and what I want from my coach especially when he realizes that his QB was on for the day.

Now let me say this Ben has lost us 2 maybe 3 games this year with bad momentum killing picks but that wasn't the issue today. The issue besides the turnovers WHICH WERE HUGE was the defense and our lack of ability to get takeaways and stops (3rd & 20 complete to a wide open Saints receiver?). This type of Defense has been all too common over the past several years not just this year.
    I will stand by my comments made last year, we have to change Defensive Coordinators and scheme and we NEED to change Danny Smith as our special teams coach. The thing is I'm not sure if Tomlin can do that as Butler wasn't really his hire, he was the heir apparent to Lebeau long before Tomlin got there. Our philosophy of loyalty can cut both ways. We don't usually fire coaches or cut players but we let them play or coach 1 or 2 years too long or till their contract runs out. No way McCullers, Chickollo and Bud Dupree should have been on this years team neither should Butler, Peezy and co.
    I'm not sure when Butlers contract ends but I'm sure we can do better.
    For those that think Tomlin keeping Butler is asinine I would agree but again I'm not sure that's his call.

20. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You are 100% correct. So tell me then why a NON player has nerve to think he is a player and he can win the game? As a NON player, he injected himself into the game in an attempt to win the game apart from the actual players.

That being said, he deserves to be drawn and quartered for such an egotistical act. He is not a player. Players win games, coaches coach. I've yet to see a coach win a game with a FG, TD or a tackle. Now, this dimwit has tried more than once. He needs to be fired and fired Christmas Eve.

History says you punt and make the other guys run the field. Last week, the law of averages worked. Maybe this week they did not, but I'd rather play the odds and at least give my players a chance. This nonsense was just an ego run amuck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    So how many coaches have been better than Tomlin since he became HC of the Steelers? There's clearly only been one. Every other coach is up for debate.

You should know that coaches and teams in general have a difficult time over coming turnovers.

22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought the fake punt was a horrible decision. Pin them down around the 10 and make them work for every bit of 90 yards. Fake punt screamed lack of confidence in the defense to stop brees.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah your right, try understanding mine! Or isn't that your point either?

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :th thgoodpost: and the defense was playing great at that time

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017