1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Football gods squashed us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 23, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    No luck, no outside help just completely shut down ensuring Steelers stay home this season.

Ouch, slow agonizing death this season lol

2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    No, incompetent ass clowns in striped jerseys ****ed us!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers screwed themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Football gods? Yeah, this team executed perfectly and got screwed by refs and random chance.

Losers all say stuff like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m just saying so many critical last minute gaffes that had wins taken away. Feels bad man lol

7. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Nah. Tie against the Browns. Losing to the lol Broncos and god awful Raiders. The epic collapse at home against the walking child birth factory Rivers. Literally win one of those and they’re still in control. Win two of those they clinched today.

That is why Tomlin should be but won’t be fired. If it was just this year. I get it. But this is the same story over and over. Good teams don’t lose to teams like that year after year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The refs totally blew the PI call in the end zone giving the Saints the ball at the one. Then made up for it but giving us a PI call at I don't know our own 28. Both were bad calls and the second only affirms they knew they screwed us on the first one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not blaming the refs here. You have a head coach who called a fake punt, in the 4th quarter, with the lead, on the road, against the best team in football. You just can't do that. On top of all that, you send a guy in motion, which shows your hand. Then you hand off to you fullback, up the middle, and expect him to get 5 yards. Poor decision, poor execution, and poor play design = FAIL!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This really is a soul-crushing, tease of a season. The Steelers have no business missing the playoffs, but that's exactly what they are going to do. Did the officials' incompetence in the games against the Chargers and Saints play a big part? Absolutely. But the Steelers still had plenty of opportunities to win those games and to beat the Broncos and Raiders. The coaching staff and the players ruined what could have been a great season with unforced errors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The funny part is he nearly made it. He was less than a yard short.

The real mistake was running Ridley on third-and-two on the previous drive. Ball security has been an issue for him his entire career. He had touched the ball only once or twice all day.The Saints have the best run defense in the league and the Steelers go in a power formation and try to pound it for two there? That made absolutely no sense at all.

Roethlisberger was playing arguably his best game all season. The ball needed to be in his hands there. That was the real coaching mistake that cost the Steelers the game today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The 3 game losing streak did them in. Heck don’t tie the browns and beat the raiders. It put us in a lot better spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Too many mistakes this year.. the really good Steelers teams in years past could persevere through bad calls and still win. We allow games to get decided by them this year. Broncos, raiders, chargers should have been blowout wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fake punt I was ok with of course we telegraphed it. I figured that would at least give us time to score again if brees scored. I blame Tomlin for having Ridley in there on 3rd and 2. That was just stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, I actually shouldn't say poor execution. The execution was fine. 5 yards was just too much to ask for on a fake punt run up the gut. Ill advised play call that gave the Saints the ball on our side of the 50 and momentum.

The Ridley run was equally terrible. Play had no chance of success needing a full 2 yards.

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ridley = Toussant same thing, relying on a backup.

17. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Every year we do this to ourselves. Had they just displayed the same level of urgency, as they did today, when playing the piss poor Raiders, Browns, or Broncos, no way we miss the playoffs.