1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Officicial Game Day Thread Pittburgh at New Orleans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by zcoop, Dec 23, 2018.

1. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Shouldn’t have to come down to last minute heroics practically ever game. But that is how we like to roll under our great head coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Because our coaches are stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    The decider was the dumb fake 4th down call to Nix, there was no need for it. Plus the annoying thing is we are capable of beating anyone, only now we depend on Cleveland.
    Frustrating as ...........

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Yeah....everyone goes for it on 4th down there, makes stupid challenge calls all season, plays down to the competition week after week, doesn’t hold his players accountable, on and on and on. The guy is not head coach material. He’s wasted a huge window for Pittsburgh to win mutilple Super Bowls. It’s pathetic what he has done with this team due to his coaching considering the talent they have.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    But, but but, never had a losing season..... “

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The ball was already in the ****ing air...That's P.I....We THEN...Would have never have run that last play...Would have been trying for the endzone

7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Hearing that makes me puke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NCSteelerFan75

NCSteelerFan75 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I hate having multiple scenarios in order for us to get in. The refs and dumb mistakes and play calls hurt us. We honestly don’t deserve to get in based on the last 6 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep ... just bad luck the whole season

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I dare ya'll to caption this.....

[​IMG]

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Not blaming Tomlin!Two 4Th down pass interference calls with one debatable and the Hayden one in the end zone that was the worst call ever!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I thought Ravens were done and hairball on his way out. Congrats to them, they also could have beaten NO and KC, they're good, more disciplined

13. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We are an average FB team. If we didn’t lose to crappy teams like DEN and OAK, we wouldn’t be in this predicament.

FMTI - if no balls to do so, then let the entire DEF coaching staff have their walking papers.

The one good thing about BALT winning the division, they are typically capable of beating NE in January.

Who’s on the list of DEF free agents coming available? Time to use Bells money wisely.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You already said you were done in the first quarter.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Based on how we played the last 2 weeks i seriously gave us a shot to go to the superbowl. Winning vs kc woulda been tough but I think we could have pulled it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    If that fake punt and missing the playoffs with this talented team and going 0-10 in his last 10 challenges don't get him fired, I'm going to be extremely pissed off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    No I didn’t dude. Get off my Johnson.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Watching that play unfold, I said oh no, I knew the ball was coming out. The way he got tackled, low and high and twisted around. I knew it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    But he did throw the challenge flag. He also didnt get conservative and start running the ball against the #1 run defense. He also continued passing the ball after it was obvious the saints couldnt stop it.

They have changed everything but the coach and it is the same situation year after year. Any other team in the NFL would have run him out of town by now. But the Rooneys cant bc of the Rooney rule. Cold hard facts.

20. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I can’t like or upvote this post enough. Never should have been in this situation....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I agree with all of that but TODAY...The Refs, and Ridley lost the game...1st 2 TD's and the next to last play was P.I.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    People who are complaining at the officiating are not looking at the bigger picture here; Pittsburgh got themselves into this mess... or more specifically Keith Butler. That three game losing skid did not assist at all. Furthermore, missed oppurtunities magnified this issue.

He does not deserve to be back on this coaching staff next season; Joey Porter and Jerry Olsavsky the same. For that matter, there is now one further lingering issue I am sure Art Rooney II will have to make:

"Is it time to move on?"

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Everyone but the refs I guess. Could of challenged it maybe?

24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm not going to hang this one on Tomlin. The fake punt may have been left to Danny Smith or Berry to call. If it works and the Steelers score on that drive, we are having a party. It didn't so it's all Tomlin's fault. I can't understand why Ridley was in on that play to fumble anyway. Was it Tomlin or Fichtner's call? Again, we don't know. What I do know is that this thing isn't over. I would not be so quick to think that Baltimore is going to run the Browns out of the stadium next week. The Browns are trending upward, and want to beat the Ratbirds as bad, if not worse than us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    380 yards 3 tds no int and a loss.

Ben was lights out but team let him down.

Merry Xmas

• Agree Agree x 1