1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose today...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I can see Ben hanging it up...Call it Hunch, But his body language and comments seem so different this year...

He has a bunch of kids now...And I remember a couple years ago on a pregame show...They showed one of those full body imagines where the guy stands there, and lists his previous/ current injuries...From head to toe he has literally injured ( just about ) every part of his body...Some more than once...

His mannerisms/ Body language/ Comments to the media seems so much different this year...I think, Maybe he thinks, If we lose today that we are never going to get to where we/ he wants to get...ANOTHER SUPER BOWL!...

If we win today, I can really see us winning it all...But if we lose, and Ben hangs it up...With his cap savings, cap room now, further cuts possibly? Steelers never go full rebuild, But what would y'all do?

Ride with Rudolph, add a CB, ILB, OLB? Totally revamp the D?Maybe a decent veteran backup QB?

Play owner...If we lose today, What course of action would y'all do going into next year if Ben retires?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Sign Flacco lol. How weird would that be

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He’s pushing 5,000 yards. The 15 INT’s are troubling. But, I am with you one the body language, I’ve not see Ben smiling and having much fun at all. Even during the winning streak he didn’t seem with it and enjoying it. But statsical he’s putting some numbers up. Jury is still out, but I expect Ben back again next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That would be truly awful. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm obviously joking but think about it that <edit> plays lights out at Heinz field all the time. So he'd get 8 games here. But he likes playing in the hostile environment of Heinz so we'd still get to treat him like the enemy lol

Mod Edit: Not acceptable

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I think Ben comes back next year regardless. He finally has an OC he likes. Besides the INTs he is putting up monster numbers. He seems to have free reign to do what he wants with the offense. Offensive line should remain solid next year. I think he may play for a couple of more seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ben is not hanging up his cleats this year. Have you lost your mind?

JUJU, AB VM, Conner, Washington and one heck of an Oline are the reasons he will return next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I would actually like this...Never had near the weapons we had...Granted much better D...Could mentor, even stop gap start for a year...But, I'm guessing he's probably still looking to start

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  9. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Don't leave out the int numbers those are some monstrous numbers as well he's putting up

10. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    We win today, Boz will make game winner, and Ben will be back!!! Happy Festivus and Immaculate Reception Day!!!!! Great things have happened on this Day

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    As a hypothetical owner I would expect Ben to honor his contract. I think he will.

If he did retire, as owner I would give Rudolph a shot at becoming a legend in Pittsburgh & look for a "Wade Phillips" to run the defense. A "game closing guru" would be hired to mentor Tomlin on how to manage 4th quarters & prepare for 2-11 teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    The ole lady asks me this often...Maybe? But I wouldn't be so sure...So many injuries, and to not even make the playoffs...I sure hope not but...It wouldn't surprise me

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    5A7AE16B-8C07-4B5B-AAFB-F42392B7E070.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I did say besides the INTs. If not for the turnovers Ben would be having an MVP type season. Instead we are just barely a playoff team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You also have to remember that the only people concerned with his INTs are us. He surely doesn't (even said so), and obviously the coaching staff doesn't, either. Ben is Ben, and always will be. Doubt that INT count is even on his mind when considering retirement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If Ben retires (gulp!), I foresee AB demanding a trade (gulp, choke, gasp). However, I think he plays two more years.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben isn't retiring, he will sign a contract extension this offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ben has a few more years left, but I think Dobbs and Rudolph will get playing time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Fire Tomlin immediately before he even gets off the field. He can find his own way back home.

Lose today and it's the 4th time in the past 10 seasons that his squad has missed the postseason. Add to that the fact that his squad went one and done in postseason for 3 of those seasons and only won a playoff game in 3 of the last 10 seasons.

That is just straight up pathetic with the number of HOFers he has had on the roster. Tomlin sucks and needs to be gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I could see Ben saying if Tomlin goes I'll stay. It's clear that this team will never win a SB with Tomlin running the show. He's a mediocre coach at best and he's getting worse. The Raiders loss was the epitome of Mike Tomlin's coaching abilities.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Beltzhoover Kid

Beltzhoover Kid Active Member

Dec 23, 2018
    No way Steelers lose today. I have money on Saints to ensure it plus Steelers don’t miss playoffs much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My SB would be getting rid of Ben and Tomlin. Found it interesting when they were taking bout Flacco lastnight. Saying he knows what's going on and will stay out of the way.

You think you would ever hear that coming out of Ben's yap? He's all about staying in the way. He's the one holding the team back with his overthrowing gun slinging garbge.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben will finish out his contract, especially if he feels the team will compete for a SB.

As the owner, Id let him. I would however bring in a new HC and tell him to find a new DC.

24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well if your avatar has anything to say about it we are in good shape:)

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Love Ben for what he did for the Steelers but I kind of hope he does retire. Just can't see him taking a team to another Super Bowl. And those two youngsters the Ravens and Browns have are going to be hungry. Time for new blood.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1