1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nawlins Must Win

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mark Moore, Dec 22, 2018.

1. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Yup - and I give the Steelers about a 10% shot of winning in New Orleans tomorrow. Saints average 38 points at home. Pittsburgh hasn't score more 30 on the road all year and average about 23.

They dug their own grave.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Look at their road performances this year - they're not a good road team.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, they turned it over four times in Denver. That was part of the incredibly sloppy performance I was talking about.

They may have started fast, but they were incredibly sloppy against the Chargers, too. They should have been up even more at the half and the Chargers stopped screwing up in the second half of that game.

People are correct in pointing out that the Steelers have been a lousy road team. The one exception is the victory in Baltimore, but the Ravens aren't on the Saints' level.

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014

The other scenario, which is more probable than either of the two above.

Steelers tie tomorrow, win in week 17, they win the division no matter what anyone else does.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Xmas better not be ruined lol

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Definitely agree with you.As of now we have one less loss then the Ravens which means we don’t have to back into the playoffs.We lost to one of the worst teams in the league (Raiders) and now have to beat probably the best team in the league at their place.Who’s fault is that?Nobody but our own fault.That three game losing streak before we beat the Patriots was pitiful as we couldn’t pull out one win in three games we could have and should of won.Now,this is where we are and can still with no help from anyone else determine our own fate.If we lost to a crap team why can’t we beat one of the best.They have to make up for that Oakland loss because the Ravens are playing lights out with their defense carrying them.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Damn straight. Chargers looked awful and unprepared. At this stage in the season, you can’t be surprised the Ravens blitz a lot and use RPO to death.

8. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Hopefully Ben comes out confident and in charge and not play like a scared intimidated rookie like he is known to do at times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    I had just spent several hours figuring out exactly what steel_ben7
    posted. But I did it for my own benefit and was not going to post it.

It was clear that the fans were in a put up or shutup mode and not
    in the mood for scenarios. And whynot? Obviously, their backs
    are up against the wall.

Does anyone remember Hines Ward saying "It's time to start
    clicking on all 3 cylinders" LMAO He later confessed that he
    mixed it up on purpose.

He wanted to outdo the Russian hockey
    player that said after a hard fought must win "we had our backs
    up behind the 8 ball.

Steelers89 said:

If we lose tomorrow, how do we get in as a WC? Hope Indy loses to the
    Giants, then they beat the Titans? Is that the only way we get in with
    a loss tomorrow? Yikes..

Formerscibe said:

I can't see the Giants beating the Colts, especially without Beckham.
    The Steelers only real shot to get help is the Browns next week, but
    that seems very unlikely given how well the Ravens are playing.

---Yeah, you would have a better chance "finding an albino alligator"
    than that scenario happening. [heard that in a not very good movie]

Is there such a thing?

BUT, if that actually happened the Steelers would win the division
    [beat CIN] and BAL 9-7 would be the WC. They would have a better
    conference record that both IND 9-7 and TEN 9-7. They also beat TEN.

Oh crap, if Ravens lose to Cle they will be tied with Ind in conf. Then it gets
    real complex and I don't care. Dammit! Just beat NO.

I could live with that.

But you know what? Just win these next two and let Bal beat Cle. and
    I think were both in. Yeah, why not?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I asked people in another thread, what makes you think it is such
    a sure thing that Baltimore would lose to the Chargers. Just as I suspected
    good defensive teams travel well and will always keep you in games. We really
    have our backs against the walls now. We basically have to win out to get into the playoffs.
    It is a shame if you think back through the season how this could take place, but it has.

11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea it’s frustrating as hell to see the Chargers completely choke that game away at home given everything that was on the line for them in this game with the 1 seed and the AFC West division title after going into Arrowhead 9 days ago and winning. I was sick and tired of the Chargers love fest the last few weeks and still thought they were overrated and think that even more after last night. But like I said before the Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves for being in this MUST win situation now against the best team in football after being 7-2-1. It’s flat out disgusting.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Even if we lose to New Orleans we will still have a chance to make the playoffs.

13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Even if the chargers won, if kc wins out they get the 1 seed.

14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea but KC has to play at Seattle today in a game they definitely could lose. The Chargers needed to win last night and blew it pretty much.

15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont see them losing to Seattle. They only even lost to the chargers because Eric berry didntvplay in the 2nd half.

16. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Active Member

Dec 13, 2018
    This is actually a decent post.

NE vs Balt AFC Championship

Someone kill me now

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if the cowboys can beat NO we can. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Let’s borrow their defense haha

19. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    If you are going to make it to the superbowl, your going to have to beat the best teams in the playoffs anyways. We just started things early this year, got the NE win, now the train rolls on to NO. A W in NO will show that this team can win it all. Huge game, great test, go win it boyz! Go Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Harbaugh > Tomlin...Much > imo...Won 2 Super Bowls with Dilfer and Flacco for Gods sake! Can't stand the ******* but they have ALWAYS had good, strong defences, and won more, with less talent than the Steelers...

Throw in the 10 challenges lost in a row part, and the ability to beat the Cheats...And it's not even close

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was one who said in August that regardless how season goes we will finally beat the Patriots and it will be our Super Bowl. As great as that was it all feels hollow now:(

We beat an aging Patriot team, say that to an Eagle fan and they go ballistic on you. A few years back and they don't beat them in the SB and Brady marches them down the field to tie us up last week.

22. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I posted this likely scenario when the Steelers lost to the Raiders. That was the final nail in the missed opportunity coffin this year.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Poor Trent Dilfer, guy had a great Super Bowl and they dumped him. Granted they won that Championship based on defense but always felt bad for him. I actually think the Ravens could shock some people this post-season.

24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    We will spend it wondering if there is any way the Browns can win in Balt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    This game probably is a scenario of two extreams.We have the personal on offensive to score against anyone.The Carolina game was by far our best offensive performance.I know the Saints defense is better than Carolinas but I feel we have to score in the 30’s to have any shot as Brees and company will score their points against our porous defense.That said could you imagine the confidence we have beating the Pats and Saints back to back going into the playoffs.And no, we are not losing to the bungles if we beat the Saints!The other extream I am talking about is we lose to the Saints and our season is probably done.I feel our only shot is a shootout kind of game and that is entirely possible.