1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday in Nola will tell everything...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Xcursion88, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    If the Steelers go down to the big easy and win they could be getting hot at the right time.

They got hot in Cowhers super bowl year about now. They dropped three games in a row to win their final four regular season games and make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

It was a blessing in disguise having to play the wildcard game as they just kept the momentum going.

This Patriots win could be the awakening of something big.

If the Steelers got lucky against the Pats I might feel differently but they beat them. Even with a couple mistakes they out played and out coached the big bear.

Getting hot at the right time?..?.we'll see.

If we win in Nola I say buckle your seat belt because we will have a big playoff run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just get in. Regardless of Sunday. I get ur point but this is gonna be a tall task down there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know what to expect from this team anymore. Your scenario is plausible but so is them getting over confident due to those wins and playing poorly in the wild card.

They need to treat every team as if it is the most daunting challenge ever and keep that mentality throughout the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Carolina's D did a good job of holding Brees/offense in check. To limit the Saints to under 20 points is difficult to do. Steelers need to somehow do the same....I'd rather it be a defensive slug fest than a shootout. I can't see the Steelers keeping up with the Saints in a 30+ game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It gives me some hope for this game but they will be playing at the Superdome this week. Big difference.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's hope the Saints come out flat on Sunday, since they had a MNF divisional game on the road. Saints do have motivation with the Bears and Rams within striking distance of #1 seed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    saints just need to win 1 of the last 2 to get the bye. Imo it's harder to sweep a divisional opponent than it is to beat a pittsburgh defense in a dome lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh well, let’s see what we got.

This game should answer any questions about coaching, players, schemes, etc.

Here we go buckle up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If the defense can overcome Ben's two blunders(god I hope he has 2 or less), I see this game winnable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It will come down to good Ben or bad Ben

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Go Chargers.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    And that's the same D that the Steelers hung 52 on... In basically 3 quarters of work. I don't know if it means anything, but it's a bit of an encouraging stat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am afraid that Steelers are going to need to win both of their remaining games. I am not confident that the Chargers will beat the Ravens. The Saints game is huge!

14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    If Chargers get Gordon and Allen back, they should win easily. They've been winning games without those two against good teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I am starting to think this Saint team is even more dangerous with this defensive resurgence, even with the hurt offense.

They look to be on a legit SB run

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I don't get the narrative that chargers aren't that great lol. yeah sure we couldve beaten them but maybe they are just that good that they adjusted and just took care of business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I just hope we don't have to send luggage to the Browns.

If you get that you remember the 70's and the Houston Oilers. Wouldn't have 1 of our rings without their help.

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Bit off topic: Can the #1 and #2 seed come from the same division? Chiefs and Chargers?? Just hoping the Chargers have a lot to play for Saturday night cause the Ravens have to be thinking a win will have them in first after week 16.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Chargers beat 2 good teams on the road: Chiefs and Steelers. Steelers game, they didn't have Gordon. Chiefs game they were without Allen and Gordon! I think that says it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Steelers are hitting on all cylinders they can beat any team, but defense hasn't strung together many great games in a row.

Once Morgan Burnette came back the D starting playing well, but then we hit the 3 game losing streak. I'm not sure what to say anymore.

But we can lose this week and still make the playoffs IMHO with a win inn Cincy, which is what I think will happen.

21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    No the top 4 spots go to division winners based on best records of course. One of the benefits of winning the division is getting to host a 1st round wildcard or if your the top 2 seeds a bye week and a home divisional round game.

It's kind of crappy deal back in 2011 Steelers went 12-4 and had to go play Tim Tebow vs and 8-8 Bronocs team. We know how that ended. Bad part was the Ravens were also 12-4 but beat us in the tie breaker as 2 of the 4 steelers losses were to the Ravens that season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    so you admit Steelers are good? :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This was also NOs 3rd consecutive road game. I think teams tend to drag a bit in those situations. NO will be back home, the dome will be loud. A real challenge for the Steelers, after an emotional win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If the Steelers win this game it'll be the most impressive win in awhile. Because the saints actually have a pretty dam good defense, don't know how that happened but they figured it out and they play faster at home.. Plus Brees and Kamara.. Idk how Tampa Bay beat this team its gonna be tough

• Agree Agree x 1