1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to beat NO

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 16, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Orleans looked pedestrian last night and were fortunate to win. Glad they won though. Ben and company should be able to move the chains against their defense. We need to see the same smothering pass Defense with a more attention to stopping the run.

This is another must win. And so is the bungles game. Even if the crows win both we win the division providing we win both games. No slip ups hoping for a crows loss. Have to take care of business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I've said all year that Pittsburgh can beat anyone if they don't shoot themselves in the football, and the same goes for New Orleans. That being said, I trust our defense even less against Drew Brees; hopefully, they make me look bad. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    whoever said Saints defense is bad is just silly. last 6 games allowed 12.3 points per game. that is a good defense and better than ours.

New Orleans is 7th in ppg and 1st in rush defense. Steelers 15th in ppg and 6th in rush defense.

so saints have a better offense AND defense than Steelers however their stats have been skewed.

Earlier season saints scored a ton and gave a ton. 2nd half has been all defense and not as much scoring.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Didn't Maddox throw for almost 500 yards in that Falcons tie game? What a weird day that was.

5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That sounds painful.

I think we're quite possibly meeting up with NO at the right time. One of two things is probably going to happen this weekend - either our DC comes up with a good gameplan for a 2nd straight week and we are able to replicate what the Cowboys and Panthers (I know, CAR lost, but still held them to 12 pts) did... OR... it's going to be a shootout.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah... Maddox vs. Vick. It was a great game, much better than the Browns tie this year. Plax almost won it on the last play.

• Like Like x 1
  7. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    You'll see a different Saints team at home in the dome trust me. Not sure Tomlin has this game circled and starred like the Brady game, but surely hope he'll have the boys coached up and ready for the challenge. Last nights defensive plays by the kittys should be a mandatory watch for the Steelers D. A Show & Tell on how to ruin one's Southern Comfort.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm looking forward to watching the Saturday night game between the Ravens and the Chargers. I think the Ravens lose that game and that reduces the pressure on the Sunday game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if Ravens somehow win I will feel ill come Sunday lol

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If the Ravens lose I could see a let down from this team ,if they know they can still wrap it up next week. It wouldn't surprise me. I don't think the win against NE suddenly makes them immune to going out and having a lackluster performance. This team doesn't seem to be singularly focused when there is some leeway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    or worse Ravens and Saints win lol

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers 3-0 against the NFC this year. But 0-4 against the AFC West. Whoops...

13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The NFL has been a little squirrely lately with teams losing when you think they would not.

Would not be surprised at anything. We could beat NO, then lose to Bungles.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Overall, the Saints have a good defense, but their secondary is a weakness. They rely on stopping the run and pressuring the quarterback. Obviously, the biggest issue is going to be slowing down a balanced and talented New Orleans offense, but the Steelers will also need a great performance by the offensive line to beat the Saints.

15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Also amazing Steelers have 123 points scored against the NFC South and that's over 3 games. That is 41 points a game.