1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all Trolls

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bengals just beat the Raiders easily. It's at home like you say, so that could be the difference but losing the way I laid out would be so Steeler-ish.

Weren't you the one that started a thread saying they'd be better off losing out?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the smart play. Never bet on games involving your favorite team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Aren't the steelers the most penalized team in the league? As where the cheats are usually the least? And the refs usually turn a blind eye for the cheats? Not this time the league wants the steelers in the playoffs for the ratings. Most of the games come down to the final 20secs, vegas loves it too cus they're unpredictable. As for the 3 for 10 on 3rd down, how many easy drops were there?

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Steelers are the 16th-most penalized team. NE is 8th-least.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why do I open this thread? I swear, some of this conspiracy-theory crap is so dumb that I may actually be killing brain cells just by reading it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    It is Trolling when almost every thread that has been posted since the Steelers lost in the playoffs last year has someone saying "doesnt matter the Steelers will lose to the Pats." There were threads that had nothing to do with the Pats but people would still jump on and say stuff like Drafting Edmunds is stupid, "Gronk is gonna kill us again this year".
    Or when people wanted the Steelers to make more moves in the offseason. There would be comments about how we didnt do enough to beat the Pats.
    Its very annoying when your on a Message Board to talk about the Steelers but some people want to talk about the Pats more. Go to a Pats board then and tell them how awesome they are.
    So, in closing, when the season is over whether we win it all or not it will be a relief to not see people posting in every thread about how "The Steelers will never beat the Pats as long as Brady and Belichek are there".

7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  8. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Im not a huge Tomlin fan... But you realize that Tomlin has never had a losing season in 12 years. Other then Belichek who else can say that. I get it Tomlin has his issues but so does every coach. Guys like Sean Payton have had 4 7-9 seasons with DREW Breese as his QB.
    There are things that Tomlin could do better but when i think how we are always in the thick of it, we get kind of spoiled because of that.
    It could be alot worse with some of the other coaches out there.
    I dont think Tomlin should be on the Hot seat until he has 2 losing seasons at least.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I wish people would stop saying Tomlin botched a challenge. He challenged as NE was getting ready to get a quick snap. So either a challenge or a timeout would have been used.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think the challenge you're referring to was waved off because the officials called forward progress before the fumble. The challenge he 'botched' was on the punt that the Pats kept out of the end zone. Tomlin thought it should have been a touchback, it clearly wasn't. There was no quick snap opportunity on that play, the game went to a TV timeout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well aware. I used to go by the name Tomlin_Era. I don't have confidence in him anymore to take this team all the way and can't ignore a glaring weakness in his coaching, the mounting losses to bad teams. I used to make excuses for those losses but can't ignore it anymore, it's real and its very costly to this teams ultimate goal.

I love the shiny record, I love that I can look back on a season knowing that the team gave me 13 happy Sundays like last year or the 6 game win streak this year but the goal is the SB and he needs to get back there to regain my faith. Then I'lll be like, ok, I was just getting impatient.

This team has displayed it is capable of beating anyone, Tomlin needs to keep them playing at a high level. I have my doubts he can.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I did start a thread on that topic, my point was if they did miss the playoffs it might be better off for them in the long run. That's a little different than hoping the team loses so the coaching staff gets fired.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well the Steelers weren't the most penalized team versus the Pats, that's all that counts. The Pats also were 0 for 3 in the redzone, and Gronk had 2 catches for 21 yards, that's impressive by the defense.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yes my reference is to the one where the RB knee may have been down so he was throwing the flag for the spot. I liked the call. I understood why he would want to do that. Seemed like NE was trying to get things going quicly lol

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Gotcha.:thumbs_up:
    If that play wasn't blown dead (or called forward progress) it would have been a legit challenge IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I wasn't talking about that one. I was talking about the earlier one. I heard that Tomlin decides challenges all on his own without input from anyone in the booth. I'm not sure that is a good idea since he is 0-10 going back a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's not really trolling unless someone is posting that stuff just to get a rise out of people. It's really just over the top pessimism and negativity which is also very annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can agree with that.

Devil's advocate: New England has been our nemesis for so long, it's easy to fixate on them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Playing at home, there has to be a replay availability for someone to shout down a call on the goal-line one.

I would say that, looking at the replay, the NE guy was a lot closer to having a foot on the goal-line than I first thought from the broadcast view. But at the same time I can't see that Tomlin had *that* much of a better view, given the angles, to warrant the challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Seeing how poorly the Steelers have been playing the past couple games, along with the Pats record against them it was hard to have an optimistic outlook on the game.

They played great though. It was awesome to see Washington and Samuels having good games. The defense stepped up to the occasion and contained Gronk. They got pressure on Brady.

This gives me confidence going against a very good Saints team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They won, great. Now they need to win this week. Could have had an easier ride but they like to take us all on this head scratching journey it seems. Oh and if you think the bungles are going to lay down think again.

I'm happy as any of you that they beat the cheats. But work needs to be done. That means win both, period.

23. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers were in the bottom 5 before that game, thats bad enough. Wish these homers would pull their heads out of the ground once in awhile.

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How would they make the playoffs if you thought losing would be better for the team? . Thats now, not in the long run.

. ( i didnt go into that thread to see what was said, this is how i see it)

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You can't see this because you have me blocked, but others can see. Much pessimism and negativity on this board has merit due to facts and truth. The Steelers are a flawed team... that could very well get hot and make a Super Bowl run. Or... they could be one and done again. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2