1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haden's Interception.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheTerribleOwl, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    That was an incredible catch for a wide receiver. We'd probably have to go back to something Troy did to find a prettier interception by a Steeler. Huge play and really refreshing to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Never seen Troy have a pick like that. He was great and tenacious but honestly you might have to back to Mel Blount for a catch like that.

The receiver and Gronk tried like hell to knock that ball loose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It was a spectacular play. It looked like AB or JuJu put on a #23 jersey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I was equally impressed with Washington's sideline grab.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Haden the only Db we have that has hands lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    No Troy’s interception was even more amazing. Finger tip catch just before the ball hits the turf. In the snow at that. Unbelievable play.

Or what about the leaping one handed catch against the Titans?

Haden’s INT was great but not anything like what Troy could do. Not even close.

I’ll just leave this right here:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, that was the kind of play I’ve been expecting based on his college tape.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m impressed as he was the only defender in the picture with 2 receiving threats there trying to make a play!

All credit to him, but that ball had a chance if he doesn’t come off and get there when he did!

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Thank you. As that video demonstrated, Polamalu had multiple interceptions that were better catches than what Haden did yesterday. That doesn't take anything away from Haden, who made a great play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No offense, but you obviously have either never seen TP play, or you are misremembering. He had some FREAK INT's in his prime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    Troy was incredible.

Haden was with two guys both of whom were bigger trying like hell to break up that catch. One being 70 lbs. larger.

Yet he got both feet in bounds and that ball didn't twitch a tiny bit.

We aren't talking about acrobatic catches. Just extremely difficult catches amongst a criwd and Hadens in my opinion had more to overcome.

No disrespect to Troy. He was amazing. Not on video did he have a tight end and wide receiver trying to keep him from catching the ball.

Haden cant do Troy's acrobatic catches. I also never seen Troy out fight two other players one being a future hall of famer for the football all while staying in bounds and the ball not even the slightest twitch.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not fair to Haden he’s a mere mortal unlike Troy

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    Are you like twevty years old? I'm very descript in pointing out Troy's athleticism...second to none. I'm also pointing out never seeing him have a catch like Haden have. I echo again. Haden cant some of Troy's catches. But I also never seen Troy make a catch quite like Hadens.

Haden didnt go up against a running back and a slot receiver. He won that jump ball agaibst one athletic receiver and a massive tight end bound for Canton.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    hahaha. I saw Troy pick off a pass from 50 yards following backwards with one hand. I also saw him one hand a ball from 5 yards away and scooping it up. I saw Troy not once, but TWICE sack a quarterback on a QB sneak. A qb sneak and they got sacked. Troy Polamalu was one of the most entertaining, most effective players I have ever seen play sports. His play between 2004-2011 was as good as I have ever seen when he was healthy.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    To the poster above ......."Troy pick off a pass from 50 years"????????????? He's only in his 30's. :roflmao:

16. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Troy had interceptions that defied logic. 2008 vs Philly and again that year vs San Diego (Regular Season) won’t be replicated. Freak.

Troy had pick sixes that changed games and seasons and dynasties. Who knows how the 2008 AFCCG would have ended if not for his heroic interception of Joe Flacco.

Troy had interceptions that he had no business making. The 2010 pick of Matt Ryan in the season opener might be his greatest. Pure instinct. He knew where Ryan was going and made the int on the sideline. Should not have even been the vicinity.

To the OP’s point, Haden’s pick was great because he played WR. With multiple Patriots bearing down, he went up and caught the ball at its highest point and had the wherewithal to get two feet down in bounds while getting pummeled to save sure points from Brady and co.

Bravo to him. Bravo to Troy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Joes must have practiced his vertical leep all week. omg he climbed the stairs to get that one WOW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, the one-handed grab in the highlight reel posted above was better and somewhat similar. Haden didn't go up with both receivers. He had some room. They were able to get to him before he came all the way down, but he was the one with the best position on that ball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It was a great pick ,no doubt about that ,but Troy and ED are in a whole other stratosphere of their own..
    Not fair to either of them to compare the two .

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Personal insult ignored. You're just making all kinds of friends on here, aren't you?

Give me a break. Let's be real here - all props to Haden for making the catch, it was definitely a game-saver. But you're misremembering it because of the excitement of the moment - it was nothing more than a jump ball that Haden played beautifully. Gronk and Edelmann the Dwarf didn't even make a play on the ball because of it's moonshot trajectory (in case you need a refresher, here's a link https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...cent-defensive-struggles/stories/201812160209).

And I stick by my observation - you've obviously never seen TP play, because Haden's pick isn't even in the same league as some of Troy's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    So let me get this straight....

You say to me obviously I've never seen Troy play and in your mind that apparently is some message board etiquette to insult someone....i just go to the point without sugar coating...your response sounds like you are 20 years old.
    Your reply to me or anyone by saying you never must have seen Troy play sounds extremely immature. Moreover you're defending Troy and ultimately there is no defense needed. Troy was amazing but has absolutely nothing to do with what Haden did.

Troy's been retired for four years and has absolutely nothing to do with Sunday's game or Hadens interception.

Comparing players is never fair to the compared and the comparing.

22. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    upload_2018-12-18_8-43-43.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Oh yeah?? Well, my dad can beat up YOU"RE dad! So, there!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    In all fairness, he may not have know what "twevty" meant! Twevty or twenty is kind of an odd insult anyhow. I mean if you would have said, "What, are you 12?" that would have been easy to interpret your intent, but twevty (twenty)? I'm not sure what that implies besides not being old enough to buy a drink but too old to sleep with your parents.

• Like Like x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Depends on what state you live in...…..

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1