1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wk 14........ the good, the bad, and the ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Dec 17, 2018.

1. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He's an animal, and he needs a good stud bookend to make him really shine. Dupree just isn't that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No that’s incorrect. Look at their schedule on their website even says week 15 there.

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    LMAO!!!!!!! We've only played 14 games.......do the math

4. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

If you look closer, that pass went through his hands and he never touched it

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You're posting about a story regarding a player who came out of nowhere. Bell did not come out of nowhere. He was a second-round pick.

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Burns lined up opposite Gordon at the bottom of the screen. Gordon runs a slant across the field, Burns sticks to him the entire way. Hogan and Edelman stack on the left, with Haden (I think) and Dupree opposite. Haden starts out with Hogan, but diverts to Gordon. Davis stands deep-middle and doesn’t seem to attack either receiver; he drifts toward Gordon, then spins to chase him. Hogan comes across just underneath Davis, who maybe didn’t see him as his back was turned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Actually the refs missed this one too, I think it was Gilmore who was covering Rogers, he grabbed Eli by the collar, held him which caused the collision and led to the interception! I was screaming at the TV that they had to have seen the hold, there is no way our guys run into each other on that type of route!

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're both right. The story is about Kendrell Bell, but he didn't come out of nowhere. Bell was well-regarded at Georgia U and he was the Steelers first rookie day 1 starting linebacker since Lambert (I think).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    At least Gildon got sacks, Dupree not so much. Gildon was the Steelers all time sack leader, until Harrison passed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Good: we won
    The Bad:Brady is still walking
    The Ugly: Morgan Burnett. He either can't run anymore or is just lost in coverage. We need a better option at this point.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I say we set up a Gofundme to get you to Foxboro in the Post season if they should meet up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Perhaps Marcus Allen will get a shot since he is explosive enough to cover the middle of the field and lay some lumber. That is who I would go with at this point.

For that matter, Tomlin stated after the draft that both Allen and Edmunds were indirectly one and the same. If that is the case, perhaps giving Allen some snaps to see what he can do in practice will give a better answer given Burnett's veteran experience.

Ultimately though, I do not see that happening. Marcus does have some NFL snaps under his belt but I believe Tomlin will roll with Burnett; better or worse being irrelevant as we speak.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Game 14, week 15.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It did cross my mind that he was talking about Kendrell Bell, but in the context, I thought it was Le'Veon. Neither guy came out of nowhere. Kendrell Bell was also a second-round draft pick.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed. I also wish they would of carved out a similar role for Brian Allen. I just don't get the fact that they don't see him as anything but a outside corner. There has to be some versatility in all that athleticism. Burnett is not the answer no matter what.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

The world will never know if that was intentional or if he was really trying to challenge and got lucky

17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't think there's any gray area here. It was smart (and intentional) on both MT and BB. It's Football 101 to quick-snap after a close (potentially reviewable) play to erase any possibility of overturn, and actually wise of MT to stop that potential just in case.