1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers only chance of getting the bye week is...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 17, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    They have to win their last two against the Saints and Bengals. They need the Texans to lose their last 2 games at Philly and at home against the Jags, and they need the Pats to lose at home one of their final 2 games against either the Bills or Jets in Foxboro. So looking at all those scenarios that need to happen to get a bye week the Steelers chances of a bye week are essentially slim to none. The Steelers chances of still finishing ahead of even the Patriots are not good despite their win yesterday and that is where losing to teams like the Raiders and tying the Browns are gonna kill the Steelers. So the Steelers If they somehow would have to play the Pats again in the playoffs are going to have to do it in Foxboro.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Patriots getting the 3 seed would be ideal. If Patriots won Wild Card round vs. Colts or Ravens, then they would have to go to Houston (2nd seed). As long as Watt and Clowney are healthy, Texans should win that game with much more ease than the Steelers just won vs. Pats. I think Ravens or Colts would give Patriots hell. Bottom line... Steelers most likely won't have to worry about the Patriots, if Steelers win in wildcard round home game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers screwed themselves weeks ago with a bye week. Hindsight it didn't do them much good last year and they went out in the 1st game.

I'm just worried about getting into the playoffs 1st.

The 4th seeded team is going to have the play the 5th seeded team. I'm not so sure that 5th seeded team might not end up being the 2nd best overall team in the AFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'd rather the pats be the 3 and Steelers the 4.. That way they could petty much avoid playing in new England in the playoffs.. If the chiefs get the 5 seed and the chargers the 1 then the AFC is completely wide open.. Be so much harder If the playoffs ran through arrowhead

5. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Right now, I don't care about bye week, Steelers are in real trouble of missing playoffs entirely. Freaking Baltimore with their 200 yards rushing every game and good D can't seem to lose and we get the Saints. And the Wild Card teams are all winning.

6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Baltimore isn’t beating the Chargers in LA. So until that happens the Steelers as we sit here right now today aren’t in danger of missing the playoffs yet. Lamar Jackson throwing for 150 yards and trying to run every other play isn’t going to be good enough to beat the Chargers in LA on Saturday with as well as Rivers and that Chargers offense is playing.

7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm predicting one of these two games is the Upset of the Week. Either we go to NO and take care of business, or the Ravens beat LAC in their house. Hopefully the former.

8. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I think the Steelers have a better chance of beating the Saints then the Ravens do of beating the Chargers. The Steelers get the Saints on a short week and I feel they can put up enough points to hang with the Saints in the Superdome.

9. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    If we win 1 out of 2, and Baltimore loses one game, wouldn't we be guaranteed of winning the division? We would have six losses. They would have 7.

10. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    When you look at all the games the Steelers gave away (Oakland, Denver, LAC, Cleveland), the Steelers could easily be the 1 seed. Just not tying the Browns would leave them as the 3 seed today and the Pats as the 4.

3 seed has a much, much easier road than the 4.

I think the 1 seed (particularly if it's KC) and the NE as the 3 seed get to AFC title game.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The ravens lost last week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I beg to differ. What would be ‘ideal’ is a complete implosion by the Pats ultimately resulting in a Dolphins division title while the Pats watch from the sidelines....but I’m guessing you mean ideal in a realistic sense....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Hope you're right.

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    So long as we match wins with Baltimore, we take the division.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should just worry about making the playoffs first, their chances of getting a bye are slim and none. They had the bye last season, and it didn't work out too well for them :shrug:.

16. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Best chances to get a playoff bye:

Beat teams like the Raiders and Broncos.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bills are playing better. I have no faith in the Jets