1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots penalties

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by petekoutromanos, Dec 17, 2018.

1. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Its that time of year again, its funny how beatable the Patriots are when they are on the other side of the fence and they are the team that gets penalized. Brady looks washed up, Gronk is done etc, I could easily tell who the NFL wanted to win that game yesterday, they were pushing for Steelers win, this time of the season every game gets kinda shady, the NFL wants every division close,playoff race close so you can be tuned in to the very end. The Steelers have been better than the Patriots for years but the refs always favored them and yesterday when they didnt we beat them just like we should have last year.Same with the chargers game, we should have blown that team to pieces if wasnt for the refs letting them into the game. The Steelers are a good team but we will go as far as the refs let us and Big Ben not throwing pickles this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I never saw this but several people have mentioned Bradys declined. The throws I saw him making had alot of zip on them and very accurate ( well most of the time) .. His receivers Gordon and Edelman had crucial drops. We can thank our defensive front for harassing Brady into making hurried and inaccurate throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The steelers are a made for tv team this year , the nfl needs the ratings, and these steelers games that come down to the last 10 seconds helps. With the steelers being so unpredictable, you know Vegas wants them in the playoffs too.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    finally got called for what they should have the last 10 years. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I made a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment last week about, if we beat the Pats, some people will be trying to find reasons why it wasn't a "proper" win.

So here we go, I guess...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    For years I said that Brady never gets hit because their o-line can blatantly hold and never get called for it. I watched them play the Raiders last season and counted 37 snaps in which a defender was held or in a lot of cases, tackled. I know you could probably call a hold on every play but these were bad, a horse collar pull of a DT and the refs turn a blind eye.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yeah, but they're going to win out because their division sucks, Texans are going to lose next week, NE will get a bye and play the AFCCG at home after either we or the Ravens upset both SD and KC.

NE back in the SB...vs an NFC opponent who isn't as strong as they appeared just a couple of weeks ago. Ugh...

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Conspiracies, lol

Maybe the NFL had egg on their face from the LAC game and wanted to make sure they called false starts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Brady said it himself in his presser...said "we hold every play, it's what we do"...strange...

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Here comes the tinfoil hat crew

11. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Robert Kraft probably flew in his private jet to New York this AM and was knocking on Goodells office door fuming mad, wanting to know what happened.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he has the same zip on a consistent basis. He seemed to be bailing as he threw more often than normal yesterday. Perhaps that is a function of age and not wanting to take the hits as often. Perhaps it's just a credit to the pass rush.

The final pass was a bad throw on a play Brady normally makes. He didn't have to bail, but he did and that may be why the pass sailed rather than hitting Edelman in the gut.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This stuff drives me nuts. The league is not regularly fixing games this way. It isn't ever fixing games this way. The NFL gets ratings no matter who is in the playoffs. If they were really fixing games all the time, there is no way it would have been kept quiet all this time. It is far too much risk for the league with far too little reward.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Signed: Charles Comiskey

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As I recently explained to another poster here, society has changed a bit over the past century, so using a 100-year-old example doesn't really do much for your argument.

That said, if you want to go there, I thank you because your post actually supports my point. The Black Sox were different in that it wasn't the league fixing games on a weekly basis, as was suggested on this thread. It was one series being fixed by a small group of guys and they were caught within a year.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Breathe through your nose. It's sarcasm........

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm just happy it wasn't the Steelers making all the penalties for once.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    "There's holding on every play in the NFL," Brady said. "It's what we do, we hold. ... If they're calling it, we've got to do a little bit less of it."

19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I don't think any of the Pats penalties were wrongly called.... it's just that for years they were never called at all. I mean, that Def PI they got called for against us was their 4th of the entire season. That's absolute bull****.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It’s the same with the people that think 9/11 was an inside job. The shear magnitude of the coverup required to pull it off makes it impossible.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    TEN has 3. CIN, DAL, DEN, HOU, NE and NYJ all have 4.

22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Honestly think it would've been easier to cover up 9/11 than the entire NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1